Author Topic: Noobie here, help me choose my first bocks! :)  (Read 4617 times)

Offline Foote

• My myspace
Noobie here, help me choose my first bocks! :)
« on: December 10, 2008, 09:25:25 AM »
Hi, I've been looking into this. I want some insight from the pros for what stilts to get as my first.  I live in USA; if that matters. :)

Ok...I am 20 years old...6 feet tall even. I guess the main determining factor is my weight so....At the moment my weight is 182.5 lbs (82.78kg)  So..which should I get?  I would like something not too expensive.  But not crappy though. I was looking at these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Flying-Jumper-Adult-Classic-Jumping-Stilts-M90-Bocking_W0QQitemZ390002598517QQihZ026QQcategoryZ159048QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

It says M90 is for weights 176-199 lbs. (80-90kg) And I fall pretty much in their nicely? I like this option because it is so cheap.

But then; many have reccomended to go one "stage" higher than what your weight says..so should I get these Flying Jumper MB100 instead:?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Flying-Jumper-MB100-ProSeries-Jumping-Stilt-for-Bocking_W0QQitemZ400003616578QQihZ027QQcategoryZ159048QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

It says they are for 199-220 lbs (90-100kg)...so I'm kinda iffy about going that high up in weight...especially with this pair being more expensive.

Insight?  :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 09:28:53 AM by Foote »

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: Noobie here, help me choose my first bocks! :)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 10:35:36 AM »
For starters, ebay may not neccesarily be your best bet, if you check the string "Heya guys, Newbie here" (At the bottom of the recent list right now) u can check out someone with a similar problem, i would suggest you try a different brand tho, the pic say they're rizers, but they're not even called Powerizer any more, so i here, and ones which say fly jumpers on, dont tend to be the best quality, in my experience, tho then agenn i've had nothing else yet, most will say that 7 leagues are your best bet too, maybe T Rexes for you, but as we're on the pj forum, i'll suggest them too, so as not to be kicked off, lol

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 10:39:45 AM »
Welcome to the forum  :thumbs:

Firstly, I don't really recommended buying bocks of ebay, Reason being you don't really know what you are buying. They can say, powerizers, powerskips, 7's and send you a pair of skyrunners through your door.It does look like you might get powerizers tho, The people seem to know what they are writing about but I am still a bit, well, I don't trust ebay.The pictures shown are not all powerizers, some are even powerskips and there might be some 7's too.

I just don't like ebay, maybe somebody else will say something about it. Its a kinda bias opinion because I don't like it but bocks are often sold as different (better and legal) brand names there.

About the weight. M100's are right for you. Going for the 90's wont save you any money. In fact, It will probably cost you more. You will knacker out the springs sooner, and will need to replace them when you start bottoming them out a lot. Its gonna happen soonish if you go for the 90's

Defiantly get the 100's

:spudT:

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 10:49:31 AM »
again i have 2 say i dont think so, soz but if u read my post on the other newbie spring, i explain why

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 11:40:55 AM »
Thanks for the replies!  I don't understand the hate towards ebay though...

It says they are "Flying Jumper" MB100's.  What do you think they will be sending; some inferior brand to this?  I thought this was the most inferior brand..since it is the cheapest?

If you know of a better place to buy for the $200 price and this same weight for adults; please do let me know soon. As I will be making the purchase very soon (have to have it at my door before christmas.) :)

ALSO::  When I get the item; is there a way to verify that it is the weight I ordered?  I find it iffy that he has "stock:10" for every single different weight class...

Oh, I just did  a google search for this guy "ocean blue discounters"  and I found his non-ebay store.  The price for the stilts pro are even cheaper here.  Here is the link to it:

http://www.oceanbluediscounters.com/servlet/the-201/Flying-Jumper-Adult-ProSeries/Detail#itemadded

I guess it is more clear on exactly what I'm getting....   is this a good model?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:02:15 PM by Foote »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 01:46:43 PM »
Thanks for the replies!  I don't understand the hate towards ebay though...

It says they are "Flying Jumper" MB100's.  What do you think they will be sending; some inferior brand to this?  I thought this was the most inferior brand..since it is the cheapest?
Because ebay contains hundreds of people selling cheap, low-quality rip offs that are both dangerous and ILLEGAL. You get no customer support, no access to spare parts, no info on what you are buying, no links to communities like this.
FlyJumper are ProJump, they are the same manufacturer, same country, same production line. They are not the most inferior brand. The fact is, on eBay stilts aren't sold under their usual name, I've seen many attempt to be passed off as poweriSer or PowerSkips. 99% of the time you're getting something much worse, which in this case would more than likely be SkyRunners (and SkyRunners are BAD). And from the picture on their site, it looks like SkyRunner Pros (Because FlyingLocust - ProJump, FlyJumper, PoweriZer, etc - Pro model was discountinued a while back if I remember correctly).

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 01:48:57 PM »
wah the pro-model is bad?

I've been trying to figure this out....I have no idea which to get.  I need to get a good pair for my weight and height for around $200 USD or under...

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 01:55:32 PM »
SkyRunner Pro is bad yes. SkyRunner have real poor quality control and most of the stilts I've seen and been in contact with have been really bad and broken within a week of usage.
The old PoweriZer Pro were ok, the footplate was off balance though, and PowerSkip Pro are damn awesome (But will cost you about 2000 USD).

You won't get a good quality pair for 200 USD. It's impossible, sellers over there won't sell that cheap, they're not nice like ProJump. In the US you'll get a pile of crap that will fall apart within about a month.

In the US you want either poweriSer, poweriSer Advance, or PowerStrider. You want to be spending at least $350.

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 02:04:03 PM »
SkyRunner Pro is bad yes. SkyRunner have real poor quality control and most of the stilts I've seen and been in contact with have been really bad and broken within a week of usage.
The old PoweriZer Pro were ok, the footplate was off balance though, and PowerSkip Pro are damn awesome (But will cost you about 2000 USD).

You won't get a good quality pair for 200 USD. It's impossible, sellers over there won't sell that cheap, they're not nice like ProJump. In the US you'll get a pile of crap that will fall apart within about a month.

In the US you want either poweriSer, poweriSer Advance, or PowerStrider. You want to be spending at least $350.

Well..what about these for $200 USD?

http://www.oceanbluediscounters.com/servlet/the-201/Flying-Jumper-Adult-ProSeries/Detail#itemadded

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 02:07:39 PM »
Sprog was exactly right. Take his advise.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 03:27:20 PM »
omg do u not get what they r saying or some thing the guys have answered you question about 3 times

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 03:32:01 PM »

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 03:35:16 PM »
i think so yes because flying locuse dont do pivoting footplates

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 04:07:04 PM »
All I want to know is THIS:

Is This: http://www.oceanbluediscounters.com/servlet/the-201/Flying-Jumper-Adult-ProSeries/Detail#itemadded  a skyrunner or not?
Most likely. FlyingLocust no longer do the Pivot/Tilting footplates because they weren't as well set up or alligned as the Skip ones, so were really nasty to jump on. They could be some last bits of stock left over but it's highly unlikely as they haven't been sold for about a year now.

One other thing I noticed in your first post...
It says M90 is for weights 176-199 lbs. (80-90kg)
Wrong. M90 is for 90-100kg.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 04:10:57 PM by sprog »

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 03:11:46 AM »
Ya the site had incorrect information out the wah-zoo. Good thing I went with a reputable poweriSer supplier instead. :)

Thanks guys.

Dark Knight

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 08:38:48 AM »

M90 are ideal for people of 74-83Kg has you should go 10-20Kg over your body weight.
M110 would be use to someome of 90-100Kg.

There is a chart that says this.
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1054.0

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 06:50:45 PM »
M90 are ideal for people of 74-83Kg has you should go 10-20Kg over your body weight.
M110 would be use to someome of 90-100Kg.

There is a chart that says this.
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1054.0
DK, I was referring to the actual weight ranges listed by the manufacturer, not seller recommended weights. See http://www.flyjumper.com/htm/adultmodel.asp