Author Topic: Difference in ProSeries (MB) vs Classic (M)?  (Read 10561 times)

Offline Foote

• My myspace
Difference in ProSeries (MB) vs Classic (M)?
« on: December 10, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »
Whats the difference?  I need to know fast..before I buy the MB if it is a bad idea...

Also which one is the cuff? And which is knee bar?  I think I want cuff...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 01:47:29 PM by Foote »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: Difference in ProSeries (MB) vs Classic (B)?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 01:49:05 PM »
Pro has a poorly-aligned tilting footplate.
Cloth straps instead of snowboard bindings.
It still has kneebars.
That's it.

Cuffs you have to get separately.

Offline Foote

• My myspace
Re: Difference in ProSeries (MB) vs Classic (B)?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 01:53:09 PM »
Pro has a poorly-aligned tilting footplate.
Cloth straps instead of snowboard bindings.
It still has kneebars.
That's it.

Cuffs you have to get separately.

So you are saying get the M's not the MB?

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: Difference in ProSeries (MB) vs Classic (M)?
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »
If you want cuffs, get the normal M version and just a pair of cuffs.
If you want a tilting footplate, get the MB version.

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 02:01:33 PM »
If you want cuffs, get the normal M version and just a pair of cuffs.
If you want a tilting footplate, get the MB version.

but..you said "poorly aligned"  like its gonna be a problem if I get those MBs.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 02:10:22 PM »
You gotta decide for yourself, It might eb a problem, but if you want it then you can get it.

I think you have plenty of info. You can now make an informed decision.

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 02:25:47 PM »
:(   Not really...

On one hand it sounds like the MB is a curse; since you say they discontinued it...
I can't find any M100s for USA.  I have found M90 Flying Jumpers for $190 USD. 

So, at this point I guess I'm going to get the Flying Jumper M90s.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 02:43:22 PM »
Maybe not for that brand or that price but you will be able to get them

:spudT:

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 02:52:35 PM »
Eh? o.0

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 02:54:11 PM »
You will find 100's if you want to, might cost more but they exsist

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 03:13:30 PM »
is u live in the us y dont u just buy poweriSers

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 03:25:19 PM »
is u live in the us y dont u just buy poweriSers

I can't find any for $200 or under.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 03:31:29 PM »
you r not going to get eny for under $200

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »
Ok, lets make it simple.
Whatever you buy for $200, it's 99% likely to be s**t.

Save some money and get something decent. Like poweriSers from www.xphub.com
www.getjumpingstilts.com do the new PowerStrider Sharks, which have cuffs, and no tilting footplate, and have M100 (100-110kg) springs. They are $500 though.

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 04:25:55 PM »
I'm not paying $500 for it.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 04:29:20 PM »
*shrugs*
You won't get decent quality then. Bocking is a fair bit more expensive in the US, you can't really compare it to UK prices. Plus ProJump sell at real low prices meaning they make a lot less profit compared to other sellers... Which is why we like them, they make bocking accessible for all :)

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 04:56:06 PM »
Will Pro-Jump ship to USA?  I tried to call that hotline number but it doesnt work.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 04:59:22 PM »
Did you put the 44 in front of or whatever the number is?

But..it doesn't really matter because they don't ship outside of the UK. They are not allowed to because of the patent on bocks. They can only sell them in the UK

:spudT:

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 05:12:15 PM »
Oh..thats sucks...well...um...is poweriser and flying-jumper the same thing?

Here is why I ask:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 05:14:18 PM »
Many people dont post genuine pictures so be cautious.

Pro-Jump don’t post outside the UK at the moment, you are better to go with a authorised dealer in the USA such as getjumpingstilts or xphub as suggested previously as they will not sell you "DODGY" gear

Be careful of buying from other sellers as there are some which advertise one brand but you will receive another one altogether.

With regards to the tilting plate model, the opinions given by members are those relayed from people who have had experience with that model but have found them to be poor quality and to have aligning issues. However I haven’t heard anything on these models for some time so these opinions may be outdated as the manufacturer may have changed the design, however no one on here will be able to tell you what changes were made etc if any as they are not well documented and we have never stocked that particular model

Your best bet would be to email GetJumpingStilts and ask them whether the model they stock now has had any changes made to from the 07 models and if so what changes have been made over the last year as only they will be able to give you that info.

Good luck with your choice, whatever you decide to go with.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 05:19:20 PM »
the pics u have put up are the same thing but poweriZer with a Z have changed there name to fly jumpers i think try and look for poweriSers with a S the sould be on getjumpingstilts.com or xphub.com

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 05:23:07 PM »
Oh..thats sucks...well...um...is poweriser and flying-jumper the same thing?

Not poweriSer. PoweriZer. They reversed the Z in their logo to make it even more confusing.
However, PoweriZer were taken to court by poweriSer (poweriSer were around first and it is blatent name copyright infringement), and are now called PowerStrider instead.

PoweriZer and FlyingJumper are the same, same as ProJumps. Same manufacturing company (FlyingLocust), same factory.

However, the guy at the top doing a straddle IS on poweriSer, the image has been stolen by FlyingLocust and used for their own stuff (They even steal our images and videos :( )
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 05:25:22 PM by sprog »

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 06:06:57 PM »
the pics u have put up are the same thing but poweriZer with a Z have changed there name to fly jumpers i think try and look for poweriSers with a S the sould be on getjumpingstilts.com or xphub.com

lol...

http://www.getjumpingstilts.com/adultteenager-poweriser.html

There is a poweriSer from getjumpingstilts.com.   Is it not the same exact thing?

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 06:16:45 PM »
That's poweriSer. And that is an image of the original first poweriSers. That FlyingLocust then stole to advertise their stilts.

Read the product description... Manufactured by Hitech & C Co., Ltd. of Korea
NOT FlyingLocust of China.. Hence, they ARE poweriSers, not poweriZers/FlyJumpers/etc.

You need to look beyond images and really read about what you are buying. Naz will probably kill me for this but meh, it's pretty much required otherwise you're not gonna understand. Infact Naz can't kill me, it promotes ProJump (Well the full version does anyway!) :P

1. Aren't all jumping stilts the same?
No, sadly they aren't. If they were it would make buying for the first time a lot easier! Currently, there are 5 "main" brands on the market, these are Powerskip, PoweriSer, FlyingLocust (projump, powerstrider, flyjumper), 7League/7Meilensteifel Pro and SkyRunner.

2. So what are the major differences?
PowerSkip are the "Original" jumping stilts, invented by Alexander Boeck in 1999, and patented in 2003. Manufactured in Germany, they cost around £750 ($1500), and there are 2 versions available, PowerSkip, and PowerSkip Pro (Pro's have a tilting footplate, and are designed more for running than jumping).
Alongside powerskips are Velocity Motion Stilts, by StiltWerks of Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. They are very much glorified powerskips, which have been stripped down so they are slightly lighter and had features such as calf cuffs instead of kneebars fitted. Velocity Motion stilts retail between $1200 and $3000 depending on features and customisable options the buyer wants.

PoweriSer were the first "affordable" stilt on the market, appearing in 2002 and retailing at between £250 and £300 ($500-600). They are maufactured by a Korean company called Hitech & C, Co., although actual construction takes place in the Phillipines. They also manufactured the first Children's model of the stilt, and hold the patent on this.
In 2007, an updated model called "PoweriSer 2007" or "PoweriSer Advanced" was released. They feature new bearings, bindings and an alternative to the original kneebars, known as calf cuffs (Click the names to see the differences). These have been available in the USA and mainland Europe since Mid 2007, and are to be sold in the UK in Late 2007/Early 2008 under the name "PoweriSer 2008". There are NO differences between the PR2007 and PR2008 models, other than the names.

FlyingLocust are a China-based company, who began selling stilts in 2004, under a multitude of different names. Their current listing includes "FlyingJumper", "PowerStrider", "ProJump" (These are the 3 most common brands) "FlyJumper", "SpeedJumper", "AirRunner" and "JollyJumper". Currently, certain brands are sold in different countries, with ProJump and FlyJumper Prominent in the UK, FlyingJumper/PowerStrider more common in the USA, SpeedJumper in mainland Europe, AirRunner in Australia, and JollyJumper in Russia. 2 models of FlyingJumper/PowerStrider, SpeedJumper and JollyJumper are available, the original and "Pro", which has a tilting footplate similar to that on "powerskip pro" stilts. The original versions of these stilts are currently the most affordable on the market, retailing between £135 and £240 ($270-$480). "FlyingJumper" or "PowerStrider" were originally known as poweriZer, but under legal action from the manufacturer of PoweriSer have changed to the current names.

In 2007 FlyingLocust also released a new model, called "Upwing", "AirRunner", "SpeedJumper Redoxx" or "ProJump Elite". These have a new Carbon-Fibre Spring, and the ability to switch between a solid and tilting footplate. They also have a form of calf cuffs, but a different design to those found on poweriSer/Velocity Motion Stilts, although many people have been vocal about their dislike of the upwing cuffs due to their solid plastic design. As of May 2008 this design (Upwing) has been removed from the market due to equipment design failures, although there may still be some old stock left over and being advertised for Sale.

7League/7Meilensteifel Pro are manufactured by the austrian company "FutureTech".
7's, as they are commonly known, feature a different centre of gravity to other stilts, supposedly making jumping easier, and released a new, high-weight range model called the "S-Rex" in December 2007. This model comes in 2 versions, running (Type-R) and jumping (Type-X), with springs optimised for each.
They are currently only available in Mainland Europe and the UK from dealers, retailing for £240. However, they can be imported into America direct from the manufacturers, who can be contacted at jump-to-be

SkyRunner are manufactured by Bowei Powerwell of China, and are currently illegal in all countries covered by the patents. However, some are still sold in these countries, and they are very common in countries not covered by the patent. They are cheap in comparison with the other brands, and vary drastically in quality, so it's a bit of a gamble if you buy them whether the stilts you recieve will be good or not! SkyRunner also are sold (illegally) under the poweriser and powerskip names, with copied designs of the boxes and graphics. The easiest way to tell them apart is that usually skyrunners have gold, red or blue frames. PoweriSer are only solid grey.

And that's about it really, other brands do occasionally pop up, such as moonjumper, but we have very little information on them, other than that they are chinese and illegal in patent-protected countries. If you wish to learn more about the manufacturers, click on the brand names and they will take you directly to their respective sites. [links removed and a few bits modified otherwise naz WILL kill me ;D]
It's a little out of date but I can't update it on the uni network, i'll fiddle it this weekend when I get home as it's missing about the Pro series being discontinued, and a few new developments.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:27:03 PM by sprog »

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 06:25:50 PM »
lol the only bit that sez pro jump is a lil tiny bit near the middle