Author Topic: newbie question, please help  (Read 3798 times)

Offline TapouT

newbie question, please help
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:54:43 AM »
What would be a better choice between the Powerizer and the Flying Jumper Pro series?  Many people say they don't like the calf cuff nor the swivel foot plate on the Pro series Flying Jumper.  But is it a better choice of the PoweriZer?  I'm just looking for an occasional use model that is very cheap to mess around with for exercise nothing serious.

Can the Pro Flying Jumper be modified to stop the slight swivel if need be?  And can the calf cuff be strapped on better if need be?  Not sure why it is bad though.  It appears comfortable.

Thanks.
 :PJ1: :PJL: :Straddle5:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:38:04 AM by TapouT »

Offline Foote

• My myspace
Re: newbie question, please help
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 05:21:02 AM »
I've asked a TON of questions about this recently so I think it's time to return the favors by helping you out.

It ultimately boils down to putting up the extra cash to get something decent.  Flying Jumpers CAN be decent; but when buying them cheaply off sites like e-bay you risk the chance of getting a far inferior brand known as "Skyrunners."  This brand is terrible and even illegal because it's so bad.  Many people will advertise as "Flying Jumper" and actually give you Skyrunners; especially any for under $200 USD.  If you live in the UK-ish area (anywhere that Pro-Jump delivers to)  I reccomend using their Pro-Jump store as it seems to be the best price to quality ratio.  If you live in the USA I reccomend getting Powerisers.  They will be about $350 USD; though.  But a much better value because..even if you are just doing it occasionaly for excersice...the better quality will benefit you a lot overall.   Be sure you get your proper weight class. If you are on the farther in ..some what close to the next weight class..go ahead and get the next class up..because it is much better to get one a little stiff than to get one that isn't stiff enough for you.

If you are deadset on getting Flying Jumpers..they will likely be ok..but you should make 100% sure you are actually getting Flying Jumpers and not Skyrunners; so make sure you are buying from a very reputable source for this purchase. Also..I would reccomend NOT going with the pro series. I've heard nothing but bad things about them in comparison to the classic version. In fact, as far as I know that model was actually discontinued due to overall disaproval of the design..specifically in the Tilting-footplate.  Also, I don't think it comes with cuffs. I think it is the advanced PoweriSer that comes with cuff; and the PoweriZer Pro that comes with the same knee bar.  However; you can buy a piece to switch the knee-bar with a cuff.  But, honestly..i have obsessed about this a lot over the past few days and my conclusion is:  If you live in the USA..get PoweriSers (not poweriZers); if you live in the UK-area..then get Pro-Jumpers.    That's what it ultimately boils down to.  And if you just can't afford those; then get Flying Jumpers from a REPUTABLE source and get the CLASSIC version.

Good luck :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 05:24:41 AM by Foote »

Offline TapouT

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 10:27:54 AM »
Thanks for all the info! ;)

Is there any design differences that can be noticed if they are Skyrunners or not?  Cause if I cant be sure, then I might just wait a few weeks and get some PoweriSers from a place that is only a couple hours from me rather than order from someone I don't know.  Are Air trekkers any good?

These PoweriZers?

edit*  I think it may be best for me to wait and spend more to buy these: http://www.getjumpingstilts.com/adultteenager-poweriser.html
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:26:28 PM by TapouT »

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 04:16:16 PM »
Yes, the link you posted is what you want to go for. The PoweriSers.  That pic you posted looks to be PoweriZers.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 10:38:42 PM »
Just like to say thanks to Foote :) Its great you are helping other members out :)

Was a really nice reply and saves us having to write the same things all over again  :thumbs: Its nice to see you give something back and help other people out :)

:spudT:

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 03:09:21 AM »
Just like to say thanks to Foote :) Its great you are helping other members out :)

Was a really nice reply and saves us having to write the same things all over again  :thumbs: Its nice to see you give something back and help other people out :)

Oh no problem. :)     I plan to stick around and help out much more.  But, don't expect the annoying questions from me to stop.  :nana:  They are just on pause for until christmas when I unwrap my bocks. :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 08:57:48 AM »
:haha: We dont mind answering questions  :thumbs: Have faith in our answers and take them in  :nana:

There are still a few weeks to Christmas, have a look around the forum. There are lots of tips, tutorials and answers to questions that have been asked before.

If you have any questions try and find the answers on here, If you cant find it then ask  :thumbs:

Glad you want to help people out

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 09:09:18 AM »
Oh no problem. :)     I plan to stick around and help out much more.  But, don't expect the annoying questions from me to stop.  :nana:  They are just on pause for until christmas when I unwrap my bocks. :)
I'd say there'll be a lots of people xmas morning opening presents and going " How do I use these ! " and joining the forum for help !

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 11:05:34 AM »
Look forward to it, supporting people to enjoy themselves will see the sport continue to grow
Grow old disgracefully

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 12:48:01 AM »

a far inferior brand known as "Skyrunners."  This brand is terrible and even illegal because it's so bad. 

I thought they were illegal because they dont pay royalties, not bceause they are crap......

if you live in the UK-area..then get Pro-Jumpers.   

No get 7leagues, they are better quality

Offline Schoie

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 01:24:34 PM »

I thought they were illegal because they dont pay royalties, not bceause they are crap......

Skyrunners are illegal in copyright-protected countries because they don't pay royalties. So would you trust a company to make a high quality Powerbock if they don't even pay royalties. They're obviously not govern by to many laws if they don't even do this
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 03:21:48 PM by Schoie »
Some People Think I'm Bonkers...
But I Just Think I'm Free...
Man I'm Just Living My Live...
There's Nothing Crazy About Me...

Offline Foote

• My myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 09:05:22 PM »
Oh? I thought they were illegal because they were so cheaply made that it was dangerous to get on them.. o.o   

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 09:23:53 PM »
The problem with them is

No Patent = no quality control and no comeback if you get a bad pair

So it's a bit like a lottery you might get a pair that last a while or you might get a pair that are useless out of the box and have wasted your money

Then again you might get a pair that fail at a critical point  :biggrin: and that could hurt

With Pro jumps you get a warranty that means something

As for 7's I am a little biased everyone that has them seems to like them
And I must admit when I took my 7 leagues back after a week I got a refund as they were unsuitable for me (I could bottom the Xrex's at will)
But I believe Clive is still awaiting an answer on a Warranty problem on his but that could be just one dealer or it could be settled by now but it wasn't the fastest of services with a lot of unanswered calls

Jason  :Hoofies2: