Author Topic: Bargain Stilts ?  (Read 5075 times)

Offline newbocker

Bargain Stilts ?
« on: December 31, 2008, 12:46:55 PM »
Hi

i am new to this scene, i am yet to buy some stilts, but I have found this site "ILLEGAL SITE" and wondered if they would be a good introduction to the sport, if I can't do it or don't end up wanting to do it, then this sport seems an expensive set up so this would be a low cost option.

Anyways, hope you guys can give me some guidance

Cheers

Tom
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 03:37:32 PM by webmaster »

Offline Stewart

• Commonly shows signs of an over active imagination
    • West Yorkshire Bockers
Re: Bargain Stilts ?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 01:13:23 PM »
heya newbocker,

firstly if you are just wanting to find out what the sport is like it may be a good idea to see if there is a local group that im sure if you asked nicely would let you have a go on them. Bocking is a very fun sport and is easily pick up and is like most thing all about practise. Personally I wouldn't buy them off this website mainly because they don't sound like they know what there on about "Jumping Stilts with sturdy metal springs" the spring aren't metal, if they where you would find it very hard to bend them. If people could correct me if im wrong but pro-jump I think are the best beginners bock as they are reasonably cheap compared to other recognised brands and are a very sturdy, well made bocks, also the costumer service in case they go wrong is very good and there is always this forum as well. Bocking is a brilliant sport to take up and if there is a local group you can join there is always help from them and dont be scared to ask them anything they wont bite :P.

Were are you from?? Im sure there will be a local group for you

Yours,
Stewart

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 01:21:11 PM »
these are cheap illegal crap stilts that you shouldnt touch with a VERY long pole just buy projumps if your serious but somehow i belive your spamming this forum

Carl

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 01:29:43 PM »
these are cheap illegal crap stilts that you shouldnt touch with a VERY long pole just buy projumps if your serious but somehow i belive your spamming this forum

Carl

I agree, Only buy ProJumps from www.projump.co.uk or www.ukgooddeals.co.uk, which I believe have a partnership with each other. Avoid the site. Perhaps you could report the owner? He even leaves his e-mail on his paypal page. You should report him to www.mrsite.co.uk, in which he made the site. Include his e-mail if you report it.

Fysh

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 01:32:40 PM »
These are 2009 skyrunners. They are illegal. Don't buy them. Nobody buy them.

The quality can be extremely poor, they will have no warranty and as said before are illegal. The videos taken are from all kinds of people...even projump  :o

Seriously, get projumps, they are the best bocks you can buy as a beginner  :thumbs:

Cheap bocks cost more in the long run because they need to be replaced very quickly.

To anybody thinking of getting cheap stilts- Don't do it.

:spudT:

Fysh, I think there is a chance newbocker is the owner

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 02:03:11 PM »
Newbocker the way you joined the forum and posted an Ad does mean that some people would think your working for that site ?
It would be nicer if you told us a little bit more about your self and that way we could help a little better. We are a friend lot of people and most of the time we don't bite  :laugh:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 02:11:40 PM »
Rather than emailing the hosting company, email webmaster@powerskip.de and let them know. They'll sort him out proper ;)

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 02:23:29 PM »
Have you noticed the way the str***e go around the ankle and not over the foot !
That doesn't look very safe to me as the back of the foot could still life up !

Offline Stewart

• West Yorkshire Bockers
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 02:26:38 PM »
ye they dont look very secure, with these you have more chance of breaking your legs that breaking your bocks and the foot bindings are straps not ratchet bindings like on other bocks so they could easily snap under pressure.

Offline Wally247

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 02:27:46 PM »
i agree they look like a broken ancle if you fall... possibly even a sprain just by bocking
:
                                                          click for details

bocking puts the spring back in you step...

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 02:37:07 PM »
Looks like the design was copied (badly) from the velocity stilts

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 03:46:22 PM »

Why would that be?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »
Its a very low way of advertising a product

Offline Stewart

• West Yorkshire Bockers
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 03:50:09 PM »

Why would that be?

So he can promote his website so other people see it and buy bocks of it, but then people like us rip it to pieces  :D

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 04:48:44 PM »

Why would that be?

So he can promote his website so other people see it and buy bocks of it, but then people like us rip it to pieces  :D

Ahh... I see...

Offline newbocker

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 07:58:59 PM »
Thank you to Stewart,

I appreciate your positive response, i will take on board what the others have said, but I don't really think that their comments are neccesary, as for the friendyness, we shall see, but if every new member gets this sort of treatment, then I'm surprised you get any.

I shall look into pro jumps as they seem to be the best option for me

Thanks

Tom

Offline Stewart

• West Yorkshire Bockers
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
ye I would, its your best bet

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 08:48:35 PM »
Hi newbocker

Firstly to agree with the general opinion I would buy Pro-jumps as an introduction to the sport

But I do understand that £135 is a lot to use once and throw in a cupboard  :biggrin:

If you hop onto the introduction page and tell people roughly where you come from and ask about trying a pair there are a lot of gym meets and meets in local towns where the Guys and Galls on here will put you on a set of bocks and see if you like it before you stump up the cash

As to the unfriendly way you were treated in this post please believe me it was not the norm on here but we have had a few unpleasant charecters on here in the past trying to sell some rather poorly made stilts that have turned nasty when challenged so let me say sorry for the missunderstanding and welcome you

The main problem with the various "Cheap" stiltsis the lack of any form of warranty so if you buy some and they are substandard of break within the first few hours (which can and has happend even with the £700 skips) you have basicly thrown you money away

The difference when you buy from Pro-jump (and I speak from experience here  :biggrin:) is that if they fail within the warranty period they will do something about it
My experiece was a spring breaking within 10 hrs of use and the folks at Pro-jump replaced it without any problem once they had seen the broken spring

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 08:53:39 PM »
Hey NewBocker... if you are just plugging you obviously suck.

But if you're a genuine potential customer it was a bit short-sighted... and mean, for everyone to burn you like that. Don't take any notice though. They are actually really nice people and when I joined they were all really helpful.

...Though actually, I did receive prank phone calls from someone on this site for a while. He obviously didn't think I knew who it was, but the list of suspects was short, and then the moron included me in a 'send to all' text when he changed his mobile number - idiot! I briefly thought about returning the favour, then remembered I'm not a pathetic, weak-minded imbecile in desperate need of a life.

.............aaaaanyway, I digress. What I meant to say was - They're lovely people. And most of them will trip over themselves to help you get into the sport if you're genuine. Welcome... unless you're just selling something. ;) Lol.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 02:35:35 PM »
Yup twas me brendan :D i was being a silly billy!!