Author Topic: INTRODUCTIONS!  (Read 372833 times)

Dark Knight

Re: INTRODUCTIONS!
« Reply #725 on: April 01, 2008, 10:26:17 PM »
lol..Na thing bout you said bout back. it is true...But as muscles get stronger it stops. It has only just stopped for me.
Never got it  ;D

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #726 on: April 01, 2008, 10:27:43 PM »
lol..Na thing bout you said bout back. it is true...But as muscles get stronger it stops. It has only just stopped for me.
Never got it  ;D

Lol you want somebody to say it so... it must have been because you were already so muscly in the first place!!

Dark Knight

« Reply #727 on: April 01, 2008, 11:09:07 PM »
Never got it  ;D

Lol you want somebody to say it so... it must have been because you were already so muscly in the first place!!
No someone to say you never bounce that much to hurt your back ... but if you say something different !
 :spudT:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #728 on: April 01, 2008, 11:10:16 PM »
Never got it  ;D

No someone to say you never bounce that much to hurt your back ... but if you say something different !

Lol it's not bouncin that hirts my back  :spudT: :spudT:

Dark Knight

« Reply #729 on: April 01, 2008, 11:24:52 PM »
I've said this before I took a course in body massage when I was a teacher  :)

Mate laught when I told them what I was doing  >:(
Stopped laughing when I said my work was just 11 girls  :biggrin:
Go back to your computer class :nana:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:38:01 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #730 on: April 01, 2008, 11:31:07 PM »
A curse in it..ooh must be worst massages ever hehehe

Offline Domus7131

« Reply #731 on: April 02, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »
Hi People, I'm Stu from Pembrokeshire in Wales. I'm 28 and a very big kid, love to have fun and this seems like a good place to be. I have never seen anyone in Pembrokeshire on these Powerbocking Stilts. Was watching the TV tonight and saw some people having great fun on them. I came straight onto the internet, started typing and came across PRO-JUMP. Have just ordered some PJ's online and can't wait til they arrive  :) Have I done the right thing ??? Am I crazy to have bought some without even trying before I buy ??? I've seen a few posts from people who live in Swansea, but is there anyone in Pembrokeshire who does this ?? Is there anything I should know or do before I get on my new PJ's, any advice or help would be great.

Dark Knight

« Reply #732 on: April 02, 2008, 11:24:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :)
You've ordered a pair already ?
Have you got the right weight because you should go a little higher than your own weight ?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #733 on: April 02, 2008, 11:28:32 PM »
Wow..It's great you saw the peice on the TV and want to get involved!!

They are a whole bunch of bockers in wales...the group is called welsh power bockers.
their part of the forum is here http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?board=56.0
have a word with them and keep an eye out for meets. Although I am not sure how active they are on this forum..Somebody will help you out here.

Dont forget about capital bocking too. it is being held in cardiff this year so yes you are the right place to be.
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=961.0

It's fine to buy before you try.. I am not sure you can try before you buy in this country ???

Things to get sorted before you start.. have you got the right weight springs. Poeple sometimes rush to get them and dont know that they even have springs for different weights and that you should get them at least 10kg over your weight.

Next thing is have you got protection? wrist guards are totally essential and the knee and elbow pads too.

Only other advise is to go through the whole of the mods section. Essential mods in my eyes being taping the springs and tire socks. i really recomend you tape your springs before you start as they are easily damaged.

After all that! HAVE FUN!!!  :banana: :banana: :banana:

spud  :spudT:

Dark Knight

« Reply #734 on: April 02, 2008, 11:32:26 PM »
Spud's had that ready in her cut'n' paste files  :biggrin:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #735 on: April 02, 2008, 11:34:09 PM »

:P nope I just felt like posting something of worth  :nana:

Dark Knight

« Reply #736 on: April 02, 2008, 11:35:47 PM »

:P nope I just felt like posting something of worth  :nana:
Makes a change  :nana:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #737 on: April 02, 2008, 11:44:29 PM »
Hi People, I'm Stu from Pembrokeshire in Wales. I'm 28 and a very big kid, love to have fun and this seems like a good place to be. I have never seen anyone in Pembrokeshire on these Powerbocking Stilts. Was watching the TV tonight and saw some people having great fun on them. I came straight onto the internet, started typing and came across PRO-JUMP. Have just ordered some PJ's online and can't wait til they arrive  :) Have I done the right thing ??? Am I crazy to have bought some without even trying before I buy ??? I've seen a few posts from people who live in Swansea, but is there anyone in Pembrokeshire who does this ?? Is there anything I should know or do before I get on my new PJ's, any advice or help would be great.

Thats great to hear!
Welcome to the forum and make sure you get in touch with the Welshbockers  :thumbs:

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #738 on: April 02, 2008, 11:53:22 PM »
Wow, that was fast. You have done the right thing, good on ya. WELCOME!! jelly x

Offline GRS

« Reply #739 on: April 03, 2008, 12:49:16 AM »
WC to the forum Stu, trust me you'll love bocking, if you haven't placed your order yet make sure you get the right size it makes a lot of difference. If you need help choosing just give us a shout or take a look at the FAQ section  8)

Offline Domus7131

« Reply #740 on: April 03, 2008, 06:10:37 PM »
WC to the forum Stu, trust me you'll love bocking, if you haven't placed your order yet make sure you get the right size it makes a lot of difference. If you need help choosing just give us a shout or take a look at the FAQ section  8)

Well, hopefully I've chosen the right ones. I read everything it said on the instructions for buyers and have ordered PJ's 10Kg above my weight. Fingers crossed.  Thanks for everybodies welcome messages. Hope they arrive here in the next couple of days, as I can't wait to get them on!!

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #741 on: April 03, 2008, 06:21:56 PM »
welcome stu, and hope you enjoy yourself fully, when you get your bocks  :thumbs:

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Red_romper

« Reply #742 on: April 03, 2008, 06:52:22 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Joe from Dartford just south of London. I'm 18 and just got my bocks today. All those vids on youtube make standing up look a lot easier than it actually was, ended up wedging myself between 2 walls and putint the bocks on in mid air. Anyone in the local area who bocks? Closest on the mapwas Gravesend, it'd just be useful to get some tips from the masters. Off to scouts soon so see ya all around hopefully :D

click for details

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #743 on: April 03, 2008, 06:56:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum Joe,

London bockers include Jelly, Jason, Clive so give them a quick pm and theres the invicter bockers in Kent!

Dont worry you will get the hang of it pretty quick  :thumbs:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #744 on: April 03, 2008, 07:06:06 PM »
Welcome Joe  :spudT:

When I first got my bocks I looked on youtube. Some of those vids are scary..people make it look so easy however with a lot of practice it starts to fall into place. For me something always seems impossible. First jumping, then doing tricks ect. I am only just learning tricks. I dont practice much and that is the key to the sport.

Not everybody on the forum is on the map but I think the closest group to you would be the invicta's and the other guys naz said. They are a good bunch to be with.  Anyway..somebody near by or from down that kinda way should say hi and give you more info.

A bit of advise...Read through the forum. To get your bocks on you are best of sitting on a wall or a wheelie bin. That works well for me  :thumbs: but still give the forum a good read. Make sure you have the "essental" mods done before you get going and get padded up too. wrist guards and knee pads are essental.

All I can say now is HAVE FUN!!  :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #745 on: April 03, 2008, 07:15:08 PM »
Hi Joe

Clive and I are on the other side of London but not to bad If you don't mind the tube we meet most Sundays in Hanworth ( near Twickenham/Teddington)so your welcome to come over and join us don't worry about ability as you soon catch on once your in a crowd and half the fun is helping others learn

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Jelly

« Reply #746 on: April 03, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »
Hey red romper, im in southeast london/kent area. Be happy to meet you, just give us a PM whenyou wanna meet. jelly x

Offline WeeBaldFella

« Reply #747 on: April 03, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »
Hi all, The name is Sean and live in Poole, Dorset. Just got mine today for my 30th Birthday (I love my wife) and just got the hang of walking and jogging.

I hope to one day be a high flyer and will be getting my practice in by running to work.

Dark Knight

« Reply #748 on: April 03, 2008, 10:38:20 PM »
Hi all, The name is Sean and live in Poole, Dorset. Just got mine today for my 30th Birthday (I love my wife) and just got the hang of walking and jogging.

I hope to one day be a high flyer and will be getting my practice in by running to work.

If you love your wife you should buy her a pair  :thumbs:

Offline Jelly

« Reply #749 on: April 03, 2008, 10:39:01 PM »
LOL, hi weebaldfella. Welcome, we love your wife too. For getting you a pair. jelly x