Author Topic: INTRODUCTIONS!  (Read 373475 times)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: INTRODUCTIONS!
« Reply #850 on: June 20, 2008, 09:31:53 AM »
Woo! Sounds reat. Capital bocking woohoo!! There has to be a fair few of you in scotland...but are they on the forums!

Dark Knight

« Reply #851 on: June 20, 2008, 10:13:49 AM »
There's not many up in Scotland !?
Southerns have loads but Bocking growing and moving your way !
You maybe one of the first in your aera but you'll not be the last  :thumbs:

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #852 on: June 20, 2008, 01:29:17 PM »
Gimme my ray gun!!

(sorry couldnt help myself!) :Straddle5:

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #853 on: June 21, 2008, 12:05:21 AM »
lol, you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands  ;D

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #854 on: June 21, 2008, 12:27:10 AM »
Hey Davey! I'm new here too.....whadya make of it so far? Me? I ache.....Great fun though! As for the guys here on the forum? Not so much "Life takers and heart breakers".....More like " Wind breakers and Pi$$ takers" !!!  Type radio bock into google and you'll see why...Locky and his pals put on a great show!!!! Stay safe... :thumbs:

-Nobby

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #855 on: June 21, 2008, 03:15:58 PM »
Hey Davey! I'm new here too.....whadya make of it so far? Me? I ache.....Great fun though! As for the guys here on the forum? Not so much "Life takers and heart breakers".....More like " Wind breakers and Pi$$ takers" !!!  Type radio bock into google and you'll see why...Locky and his pals put on a great show!!!! Stay safe... :thumbs:

-Nobby

Yeah like you said, great fun, I was doing well until my mate asked me to race him (him being on foot), I was feeling c*cky after just getting to the running stage that afternoon, so off we went, about 100 meters later and I'm flying through the air after tripping over my feet (had yet to learn that you need to lift your legs higher before bringing them forward to compensate for the bounce), I was wearing pads but not being used to them I didn't think to land on them which would probably have been painless, instead i went with my insticts and rolled into a ball, fell on my side and broke a rib :D  bugger!

Dark Knight

« Reply #856 on: June 21, 2008, 03:22:08 PM »

-Nobby

Yeah like you said, great fun, I was doing well until my mate asked me to race him (him being on foot), I was feeling c*cky after just getting to the running stage that afternoon, so off we went, about 100 meters later and I'm flying through the air after tripping over my feet (had yet to learn that you need to lift your legs higher before bringing them forward to compensate for the bounce), I was wearing pads but not being used to them I didn't think to land on them which would probably have been painless, instead i went with my insticts and rolled into a ball, fell on my side and broke a rib :D  bugger!
Your not a real Bocker until you've fallen at least once  :thumbs:
Did much the same thing against a push bike, I liked the flying bit it was the landing and sliding bit that wasn't so much fun  ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 06:38:14 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #857 on: June 21, 2008, 05:46:30 PM »
i had a similar fall a while ago, trying to go as fst as possible then caught the springs together. i was doing about 20mph and went into a breakfall/slide.

luckily I was wearing a protection top as sold by projump, it took the hit on my back. The t shirt lookedf like I had been shot with a shot gun but I walked away with nothing hurt or broken.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #858 on: June 22, 2008, 10:38:55 PM »
Elbarto is in Scotland somewhere - cant remember where tho!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #859 on: June 23, 2008, 10:59:31 AM »
i had a similar fall a while ago, trying to go as fst as possible then caught the springs together. i was doing about 20mph and went into a breakfall/slide.

luckily I was wearing a protection top as sold by projump, it took the hit on my back. The t shirt lookedf like I had been shot with a shot gun but I walked away with nothing hurt or broken.

the armour is great..You just slide and slide across the ground..like a (ninja) turtle lol

Offline munki

« Reply #860 on: June 27, 2008, 11:59:16 AM »
Hi!
Just ordered a pair of Pro-Jumps last night after a couple of weeks of browsing this board and watching bocking vids on youtube and fantasising about doing the same stuff!  :)
Can't wait for them to arrive so I can get started on them - I'm hoping Saturday counts as a working day and I'll get them tomorrow, otherwise I guess it will be Monday evening that i'll be staggering around the local park like a fool. ;)

As far as I can tell I'm the first geordie bocker on here - but anyone want to correct me I'd be keen on meeting up and getting some tips!

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

-munki

Dark Knight

« Reply #861 on: June 27, 2008, 12:18:19 PM »
Hiya Munki :)

Sorry Saturday's don't count but you maybe lucky  :-\

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #862 on: June 27, 2008, 12:20:57 PM »
Welcome Munki!
It will unfortunatly be monday you get your bocks :( but that gives you all weekend to get some stuff for essential mods like tape for the springs and a tire to make some tire socks out of. Both of those are pretty important  :thumbs:

Only other thing is be safe  :thumbs: a bit of safety gear is essential (wristguards)

:haha: And that was spud's guide to prolonging the life you yourself and your bocks  :thumbs:

Be safe, have fun and dont get to crazy with excitment this weekend and if you like get somebody to film you staggering about at the park  :biggrin: We always like a laugh   :nana:

:spudT:

Offline munki

« Reply #863 on: June 27, 2008, 01:43:09 PM »
Hey, thanks for the welcome!
I've already got a big roll of black tape sitting around (don't ask why) so I'll get them all nicely taped up before I head out.  :tape: I think I'm going to follow DK's suggestion about clingfilming them first, so I can preserve the shiny newness a bit! :D

Safety-wise I ordered the knee and elbow pads and the wristguards too so hopefully won't cripple myself too badly when i inevitably go flying... which I will try and get filmed, if my friend's not laughing too much to hold cam steady :)

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #864 on: June 27, 2008, 02:21:49 PM »
also what part of UK are you from as there might be a few people around near you

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #865 on: June 27, 2008, 03:05:30 PM »
also what part of UK are you from as there might be a few people around near you
As far as I can tell I'm the first geordie bocker

Newcastle  :nana:

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #866 on: June 27, 2008, 03:16:55 PM »
Welcome Munki!
It will unfortunatly be monday you get your bocks :( but that gives you all weekend to get some stuff for essential mods like tape for the springs and a tire to make some tire socks out of. Both of those are pretty important  :thumbs:

Only other thing is be safe  :thumbs: a bit of safety gear is essential (wristguards)

:haha: And that was spud's guide to prolonging the life you yourself and your bocks  :thumbs:

Be safe, have fun and dont get to crazy with excitment this weekend and if you like get somebody to film you staggering about at the park  :biggrin: We always like a laugh   :nana:

:spudT:

Do not do it!!! she lies - safety gear is bad!!!

Hey, thanks for the welcome!
I've already got a big roll of black tape sitting around (don't ask why) so I'll get them all nicely taped up before I head out.  :tape: I think I'm going to follow DK's suggestion about clingfilming them first, so I can preserve the shiny newness a bit! :D

Safety-wise I ordered the knee and elbow pads and the wristguards too so hopefully won't cripple myself too badly when i inevitably go flying... which I will try and get filmed, if my friend's not laughing too much to hold cam steady :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and as for where your from, Munki - i may be near you, but not for another year yet, im hoping to move to middlesbrough for university october 2009, mite even see about a uni bocking group

Offline munki

« Reply #867 on: June 27, 2008, 05:08:09 PM »
Newcastle  :nana:

What she said. :)

as for where your from, Munki - i may be near you, but not for another year yet, im hoping to move to middlesbrough for university october 2009, mite even see about a uni bocking group

Hehe, October 2009 is a bit of a wait to meet up with a fellow bocker, Hilly! :) But hope you do enjoy 'boro if you go there. Uni Bocking group sounds like a pretty cool idea.

Sure you don't fancy Northumbria Uni instead? Newcastle's much nicer than Middlesborough... :P

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #868 on: June 27, 2008, 08:59:34 PM »
Shadon Oufrayer is a Newcastle bocker when hes not at uni - Tynemouth area I think!

Welcome to the forum Munki!

Offline munki

« Reply #869 on: June 29, 2008, 10:19:07 AM »
Nooooo, just got an email saying the address I gave doesn't match up with my credit card address! Re-checked it in the confirmation email and it's fine, so don't know what's going on there, but means no bocks for me until Tuesday at the very earliest  :'(

Offline Melifluous

« Reply #870 on: July 01, 2008, 12:32:38 PM »
Hi All,

Ordered my stilt-jumpy things on Sunday and taken the day off work today waiting for them to arrive.

Spending my day hanging out the window of my flat looking for delivery vans  :-\

I see that the site in Preston is shut today cos of stocktaking, hope this don't interfere with my delivery.

Anyways, looking forward to bouncin like tigger and being 8 feet tall  ;D

I live in Portsmouth and have seen a few people bouncing around.

Meli

PS. Yes I have ordered safety stuff. Will buy a hardhat soon if I can find one that don't make me look like a pot-holer...

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #871 on: July 01, 2008, 12:43:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum, I don't think your order will be affected by the closure today  as far as I'm aware packages were still being dispatched yesterday.

DHL can deliver upto about 6pm so fingers crossed you'll have them sometime before that today.

Offline Melifluous

« Reply #872 on: July 01, 2008, 12:51:44 PM »
Aha! DHL I wonder if I can track my delivery or somesuch online.

Nifty place the internet :)

Oh and I just have to use the nanna  :banana: God I've missed that guy...

Meli

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #873 on: July 01, 2008, 01:10:32 PM »
I live in Portsmouth and have seen a few people bouncing around.

Probably some of The Jurassic Jumpers. We are a local powerbocking group who have meets all over the South Coast including: Dorchester, Weymouth, Poole, Bournemouth, Southampton, Portsmouth to name a few.

Your more than welcome to attend any of our meets which we post on our forum which can be found here:
www.jurassicjumpers.co.uk/forum

Look forward to meeting you sometime  :)
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Melifluous

« Reply #874 on: July 01, 2008, 02:37:25 PM »
And they've just turned up!!!1!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm so excited! I haven't felt like this since Christmas about 25 years ago when I got my first bike :)

Won't be around for the rest of the day, sun is shining and I've got some bodily harm to inflict on myself!

Wish me luck...

Meli