Author Topic: INTRODUCTIONS!  (Read 372899 times)

Offline Breeze

Re: INTRODUCTIONS!
« Reply #1175 on: February 12, 2010, 08:59:01 PM »
Hey im Breeze

im 16, i live in the New Forest and got my stilts a few days a go for my birthday! Think they're amazing!!!
Have learnt to run but want to learn more, any suggestions!! 

Breeze

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #1176 on: February 12, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »
WEII WOW  2 peeps from new forest join in 2 days   that makes 3 of u, could form a club,,,, or join the jurassic jumpers we the local group

we have a nice warm gym meet in portsmouth  on sat .. check the thread   another on sunday in basingstoke   and on wednesday another '1/2 term meet'   but we dont know where yet  doh.

but i think im picking springsteen up in lyndhurst for it ....he 15  un i think his dad trusts me  .... so i feel i can offer u a lift to wot will probably be portsmouth

ooo un loads of us will be doing the sports relief mile in sothampton next month

but please do check out http://www.jurassicjumpers.stiltsmedia.co.uk/forum/index.php

Offline gyppy

« Reply #1177 on: February 12, 2010, 09:44:16 PM »
Hey

me and breeze are sisters - told her to join 2day as could b a lot of fun!!
ooo we might come down 2morrow 4 the gym session.
If we get better we might join u 4 the sports relief mile

Gyppy and breeze

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #1178 on: February 12, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »
oo i feel a fool .... ability  dont matter  we walk  the sports mile  un if we see a camera  we shout 'run' ....u it works   i got on cover of local paper :Cbiggrin:  un im ugly :Ctwitcy:

chex  the asbestospiping  vid  above   thats 1 of our meets

Offline gyppy

« Reply #1179 on: February 12, 2010, 10:05:44 PM »
hey
looks fun!!!
We will come 2 da gym meet 2moz...we also would like 2 do the sports relief mile with u... how do we enter?
 :Cchatterbox:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #1180 on: February 12, 2010, 10:11:04 PM »
tell u tomz

Offline Springsteen

• James
« Reply #1181 on: February 12, 2010, 10:29:01 PM »
Ah, that's the secret - sisters!

Bbmthbloke aka Q on the Jurassic Jumpers forum has said all the main stuff (including the ugly bit - he's been called a hag before :Cyes:)

So yeah I'm Springsteen aka James on here and JJ forum.

Look forward to seeing you at meets in the future tho I won't be at Portsmouth 2morrow but I will be doing sports relief so hopefully see you two there!
I literally couldn't be bothered to put anything here.

Offline Breeze

« Reply #1182 on: February 13, 2010, 01:11:18 PM »
hey
hopefully c u there!!
breeze and gyppy :Ctwitcy: :nana:

Offline mimster

« Reply #1183 on: February 20, 2010, 12:19:51 AM »
Hi everyone.

I'm Kim, a brand new (and very wobbly) newb! I'm based over in Berkshire, more specifically in Bracknell (no judgement/s******ing/mocking please... i feel bad enough about that all by myself :Claugh: ) and I have literally just started learning to walk on my BRAND NEW pro-jumps *squee*

I've been walking fairly confidently for a few days now, and desperately want to start "running", however so far I have got as far as a few slightly bouncy steps before engaging in some flailing and even more horribly, embarrassing girl noises!!

Any advice anyone could give me on how to break this little fear wall, I would very much sppreciate it please :)

Anyways, thanks everyone!!

P.S i would very much like to thank SNuD for the Spring protection tape mod! i did mine this evening as I have already bashed my springs together many, MANY times in just a few days.... i had no idea i walked like such a moron before now  :Cwideeyed:
"Life is a journey to Death but it’s not about driving safely and getting to the other side in a perfectly preserved beautiful body. Life is about skidding into the parking space of death sideways at 90 miles an hour, music blaring, chocolate in one hand, champagne bottle in the other, body completely battered and used up and screaming "HELL YEAH!" as you toss your keys to the Grim Reaper"

Offline Samarka

• In my livingroom!
« Reply #1184 on: February 20, 2010, 05:04:42 AM »
Hi Kim! Welcome to the ranks of the noobs, I also got my pro-jumps today. I had a slight advantage in that I had a go on SNuD's bocks before I ordered mine.

I have started slightly bouncy running today, its not fast its not full of finesse but its getting there. One thing I found that in all cases keep your knees up is the best way to go, my "running" consists of high knee antics, like if you were running on the spot and keeping your knees high, and eventually lengthening your stride as your speed increases, just start slow, walk a bit faster than normal, then a bit more etc and you will find a rhythm that suits and you'll be away.

As I said though being a nooby myself I'm not and expert but thats what seems to be working for me.

Got bocks, backfleep or broken face sometime in the future.....

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #1185 on: February 20, 2010, 06:05:09 AM »
Hi Kim   and welcome,  you may want to have a chat with GizmoQueen ( Basingstoke) and rawrk ( Newbury   and only had stilts a month  if not less)

Offline mimster

« Reply #1186 on: February 20, 2010, 07:33:01 PM »
thanks to Samarka and Bbmthbloke for the welcome :)

so, took the advice and after nearly 2 and a half hours today, i have finally got some form of running under way  :Csmile: well, the distance between one lamp post and another, but i'm not complaining!!! also managed a kind of hop, although it was more unintentional than skill  :Claugh:

my legs don't appear to be functioning entirely correctly now but i will fight that with some type of wine tonight i'm sure :Crolleyes:

i was also *so* excited to hear there are some others in my area!!! thanks for that Bbmthbloke!

anyways, today was such a beautiful day (hope everyone was out and about today :D) so keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't snow tonight as they're predicting or my plans to nail the running tomorrow are out the window *sad*

"Life is a journey to Death but it’s not about driving safely and getting to the other side in a perfectly preserved beautiful body. Life is about skidding into the parking space of death sideways at 90 miles an hour, music blaring, chocolate in one hand, champagne bottle in the other, body completely battered and used up and screaming "HELL YEAH!" as you toss your keys to the Grim Reaper"

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #1187 on: February 20, 2010, 07:42:39 PM »
glad u havin fun... yep im hoping to meets peeps tomorrow  but 4cast is wind doubling in strength and rain  doh    but ive not seen a correct 4cast 4 anyday this week

dont 4get , to aid advice, u can always post a lil vid. even if just from a phone   and honest we dont laff

oo un please call me 'Q'  every1 does Bbmthbloke was a spillin mistak...i do alot of them

Offline nutt

« Reply #1188 on: February 26, 2010, 08:33:47 PM »
Hi Everyone!  :Csmile:

Im Nutt, a bocking scout, well a scout learning to bock. Had my Pj's about 3 weeks now.

Live near Stroud, Gloucestershire would love to meet up with some people and bounce. Would love to get to a gym session but who's most local to me? Im 23 and drive so happy to travel to meet up, and hoping to meet the welsh bockers at cardiff bay sometime as got friends there at uni that i visit.

I have already modded my bocks with the epoxy bushings, which works awesomely well. Also got a mate knocking up some metal ones to replace at somepoint.

Catch you around Nutt

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #1189 on: February 27, 2010, 12:42:55 AM »
Hi Nutt
Welcome to the forum. Network or Leader? You know Bocking is compulsary for the Scout movement! LOL
You seen the latest posts about Bristol? and Cardiff is not far from you either. You should have no probs hooking up with bockers. :Cyes:
Have fun :Ctongue:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline marsbar

« Reply #1190 on: March 02, 2010, 09:01:32 PM »
Hi Im Elliott

im 14yrs, haven't had my stilts long but came down to the gym meet in portsmouth on sunday (with my sisters!!!). Had a brill time can't wait for the nxt one!!  :Cbiggrin:
Lookin forward for sports relief!!!

Elliott

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #1191 on: March 02, 2010, 09:05:20 PM »
hiya Elliot

And i gotta say i think Sadie was really unfair when she introduced you and your younger sister (Tallie?)

She pointed at her and said 'shes good' looked at you and said 'he isnt'.  Me thinks the girls stick together 2 much

Look up Springsteen  here,  he 15   and in lyndhurst

ooo btw  Q here
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 09:22:35 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline marsbar

« Reply #1192 on: March 02, 2010, 09:30:47 PM »
i agree :Ccry:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #1193 on: March 02, 2010, 11:29:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1194 on: March 03, 2010, 08:07:40 PM »
Welcome to all the recent people I have missed  :Claugh: (been a bit lax recently)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #1195 on: March 03, 2010, 09:07:36 PM »
(been a bit lax recently)

How very dare you  :Cmad:

:Ctongue:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1196 on: March 04, 2010, 11:09:58 PM »
Don't pick on me Spud  :Ccry: I'm going down with another cold  :Ccry:

Must be the 4th or 5th one this winter (or maybe it's just one long one  :Claugh:)

By the way I never have Flu only bad colds

Simple reason is the old saying "Feed a cold Starve a fever"
So as Flu is a fever I don't get them  :Claugh:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #1197 on: March 04, 2010, 11:21:41 PM »
You know that is my job Jason  :Cbiggrin:

You are always ill   :Crolleyes: Does your wife bake you cakes or something to make you feel better?  :Ctongue:

:spudT:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #1198 on: March 05, 2010, 10:40:08 AM »
Gawd snap Jason  all bunged up and sneezing here and with cold saore on lip

To make it worse, day off, bright sunny, ground bone dry , not a breath of wind AND got 2 peeps to meet up with 4 a bounce this afternoon   grrrrrr

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1199 on: March 05, 2010, 11:14:12 PM »
No Spud but she makes me Biscuits instead  :Cbiggrin:

And yep I do seem to get a lot of colds must just be a weakling  :Claugh:

Lots of sympathy Q I got a coldsore too so know how you feel