Author Topic: INTRODUCTIONS!  (Read 376621 times)

Offline Jabberbocky

Re: INTRODUCTIONS!
« Reply #1250 on: September 02, 2010, 07:42:46 AM »
Thankyou for your kindness chocl8!
My pair have finally arrived! I'm so happy :)

Offline surfdudeboy

« Reply #1251 on: September 06, 2010, 01:54:01 PM »
Hi All!
My name is Harry and I am an eight year old boy who lives in Cornwall.   :Cwink:
I really love watching you cool people on your power boks  :Cnotworthy: and am praying and hoping that I get a set for crimbo.
Wish me luck folks!
  :Claugh:

Offline EvilLordLoki

• Voted Most Gutsy RR
« Reply #1252 on: September 06, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »
Hello Everyone!

My name is Dan, I'm 23 (but not for much longer)
i live in plymouth and have had a set of pro-jumps
for 3-4 years, but only recently met up with the riser raptors.
i am basically a complete novice but hoping the riser raptors
can change that!

Dan 'loki' Brown

I Believe In Bockism

Offline DeadlyDonkey

« Reply #1253 on: September 06, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »
G'day!

Luke, currently in Fleet, Hants. but emigrating in about 3 weeks to Perth, Aus.

Managed to get myself a pair of Pro+ m100s second hand, learnt to balance and walk so far but only in the garden as i aint go no wrist braces, yet!

Bought these so that I could use them to commute to work so i'll be running in them mainly rather than clearing buildings in a single bound.

Anyone know of any aussie bockers?

Cheers!

Offline burningout

« Reply #1254 on: September 08, 2010, 12:38:19 PM »
Hi everyone, I have literally just placed my order for my new stilts and am itching to get on them. This is totally new to me but as soon as I saw them I knew I had to own a pair. I look forward to *fingers crossed* injury free bocking :)

Oh and I should probably say, I'm Lee from around the Portsmouth/Fareham area so if there are any other bockers about down here it'd be good to get to know a few of you. Thanks

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #1255 on: September 08, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »
portsmouth...no stilters for a hundred miles....

..joke, check out the jurrasic jumpers i there based around there.
speak to bmthbloke aka Q on the forum.

good luck in your bocking enterprises!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #1256 on: September 08, 2010, 01:40:50 PM »
Lol Parlby, Yeah Lee the Jurassic Jumpers have meets everyweek in Portsmouth or Bournemouth :)  I would suggest joininh JurassicJumpers forum @
www.jurassicjumpers.co.uk
DC

Offline burningout

« Reply #1257 on: September 11, 2010, 07:00:19 PM »
thanks for the heads up regarding the Jurassic Jumpers. Had a go on them today and experienced my first bail, not quite ready to run just yet. Can walk in them fairly well though :)

Offline clausewitz101

« Reply #1258 on: September 11, 2010, 07:35:36 PM »
Allo Allo, had me bocks for a few months but ill health means I aint been out much.

I can walk and have a good balance, just need to up my stamina so I can get my jog on and hopefully some height as well once I've sorted the correct springs out but thats not stopped me bocking till I drop recently.

SweeNey
Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better
Operation: Exile commenced 20/12/2011

Average guy with CF
www.cftraveller.blogspot.com

Offline RozzzaSsarcasmo

« Reply #1259 on: September 19, 2010, 12:49:48 AM »
Hey, My name's Rory, I'm 17 and currently studying media (tv and film) in amersham. I wanted to start a sport since all I do is sit inside and stay on my computer and bocking looked very out of the ordinary so I want to try this, I hope I can find people to do this with too. I'm really looking forward to getting started when I buy a pair tomorrow or next week, I do have small doubts about getting hurt but no pain no game!

I can't wait to starting jumping high and awesomely! and hopefully go to lincoln too!

Thanks for reading!

Rozza

Offline crazy john

« Reply #1260 on: September 23, 2010, 01:41:52 PM »
hi all, I'm John (20) and i live in Fulwood,PRESTON  seem to be a loner up here havent seen anyone else on these great things yet where i live allthough a few of my mates have em i like cycling, walking, swimming, listeneing to music and i love austin mini's :), i bought these projumps about 3 months ago ive not been on them much i was thinking of selling them cos there too hard and could do with some help with them  :Csmile: x

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #1261 on: September 23, 2010, 02:12:19 PM »
hi mate, are you the guy i sent a message to facebook?

welcome to the forum and stick around for updates on meets and events and people will be along i think snud is from your area

Offline jumperphoenix

« Reply #1262 on: September 27, 2010, 05:20:31 PM »
umm hello..... im dana and im 14 and i live in dungannon in northern ireland. ive had my pj's since christmas and even though i dnt get to go on them much coz its always rainin i think my progress is slow and steady..... i dnt really know of any probockers around so if ur near tell me.....  :D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #1263 on: September 27, 2010, 05:29:15 PM »
hi and welcome

I know of atleast 1 NI bocker ( scratch that , Ive seen a pix of him and a m8 on stilts), tho I fear he is probably at uni in Manchester at mo

But just to prove it .....here's a link to the pix  and his screen name so you can drop him a line...see if he knows any1 else over your way :Csmile:

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2175

Offline Quothcorvus

« Reply #1264 on: October 04, 2010, 08:02:38 PM »
Hello everyone!  I'm Jon, 38 and unfit!  i live in "sunny" Kent, just outside Maidstone.  I've been the proud owner of pair of second hand stilts for a week now, and have progressed to wobbling round the house and garden un-aided on them.  Apart from repeatedly banging my head on the top of door frames (must learn to duck!) I so far havent bailed, but its due to happen some time so have equiped myself with some pads and wrist bracers.

I've got a couple of minor problems which need sorting, but I'll have a trawl of the board before I ask, as no doubt they are common noob problems.

Anyhoos, thats me, so I guess I'll be making a pest of myself round the forum over the next few weeks!

TTFN

Jon.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1265 on: October 05, 2010, 07:29:44 PM »
Hi Jon

Welcome to the forum

You are in a fairly good spot if you can kick a few of the older members into action as the Invictas are very near you

They used to have lots of gym meets but have been a bit quiet for a while

Have fun

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Quothcorvus

« Reply #1266 on: October 06, 2010, 12:34:06 PM »
Hiya Jason, thanks for the welcome!  I'll be trying to meet up with some of my local Bockers, once I have got my confidence up somewhat, and I have a technique which can be commented on!  I'm not too far from the Black Lion, as I am just north of Maidstone, which is handy.

Going to have a go at straightening my right stilt tonight as its causing rubbing and bruising on the inside of my knee- I've used your hook and string technique and its a little out of line.  This would probably explain why my right leg seems to have a tendancy to go slightly sideways when I am walking.

TTFN

Jon.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1267 on: October 06, 2010, 07:14:56 PM »
Yep that will cause it mate also
I tend to set mine a bit off center as I walk funny and that stops the "falling off" feeling

Don't wait to join other bockers mate as most people progress much quicker in a crowd than they do alone
I have seen guys go from first try to running and first jumps in one session in a crowd and it's more fun

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Lewdog

« Reply #1268 on: October 09, 2010, 10:24:42 AM »
Hi i'm lewis 18 live in cornwall. Got the stilts yesterday and love them!! i do all kinds of extreme sports (i.e unicycling, Bmx, skating) but these are something else  :Cbiggrin:  . Hoping to have a good day on them today.

If theres anyone bockers around give me a shout.

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #1269 on: October 09, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
I don't live In Cornwall but I will be going there next weekend to visit friends. Could always pack my stilts, and have a quick meet up if people want too?

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #1270 on: October 09, 2010, 02:08:10 PM »
Hey Lewis, where abouts in Cornwall are you, we have alot of members in Saltash, Torpoint, Liskeard etc. We normally have meets in Plymouth aswell
DC

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #1271 on: October 09, 2010, 02:13:46 PM »
Hi Lew  and welcome. I too am not from Cornwall.  But I gotta ask, which bit?  Cos 'just' over the boarder and based in and around Plymouth are the 'Riser Raptors'. A pretty laarge and active group( good chance there are a dozen or so of them bouncing around the Hoe as I type). Even if you are not too near, Id get in contact them. A cos youd have great fun even just meeting up with them from time to time but B  they are the people most likely to know others in Cornwall.

THe guy to seek out is 'darkcastles2'   or Alex as he also answers to.  They also have a Facebook page i believe

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #1272 on: October 09, 2010, 02:14:36 PM »
ooo there u go   :o)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #1273 on: October 09, 2010, 03:55:28 PM »
Just wondering what makes a group large :p how many members would you need :P
And tbh I think we are currently the most active :S haveing meets 2-3times a week :P
DC

Offline TuRnER 95

« Reply #1274 on: October 09, 2010, 05:41:57 PM »
2-3 meets a week wtf we aint had a meet in like 2 weeks :Cno: