Author Topic: New Models from Flying Locust!  (Read 14069 times)

Offline Trinitrophenol

New Models from Flying Locust!
« on: January 19, 2009, 06:57:39 PM »
Hey guys! I been in touch with the factories and they had told me about the soon to be released models!
CZ series are supposedly better in design and functionality! Carbon Fiber Springs FTW! Might see them in Projump soon  :banana:

Here's a sneak preview of the CZ series, enjoy drooling  :biggrin:

CZ0834

CZ0723 Pro

CZ0834 - Aluminum

Another pic of CZ0834 Aluminum

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: New Models from Flying Locust!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 07:10:19 PM »
or not

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 07:17:01 PM »
Hey guys! I been in touch with the factories and they had told me about the soon to be released models!
CZ series are supposedly better in design and functionality! Carbon Fiber Springs FTW! Might see them in Projump soon  :banana:
Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

The last time FlyingLocust came up with "better design and functionality" it was pulled from sales after about 2 months due to equipment design failures. Carbon fibre springs ftw? You are aware they've been around 2 years now, and have been on ProJumps for at least 15 months?

CZ0723 Pro are horrendously like Upwings, infact I'm certain they are UpWings with new cuffs.

Here's a sneak preview of the CZ series, enjoy drooling  :biggrin:
I believe the word you are looking for is "vomiting", not "drooling".

Offline Trinitrophenol

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 07:26:58 PM »
oh well.. that's the info they gave me >.>
just wanted to share. Dun flame me

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »
kay now those just look weird, and what's so wrong with having a nice solid hoof these days?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 07:42:19 PM »
nobody's flaming you, just giving their opinion.

Show me something impressive and I might drool.

Offline Trinitrophenol

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »
actually i was planning to get one after a bad incident with the skyrunners.. (might be giving them away for a birthday gift heh) considering the ones posted above, should i get the CZ0823 aluminum or just stick with the normal Powerstrider/Projumps M115 with Calf Cuffs and  Ski Binders Upgrade?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 08:04:50 PM »
Looks like China will never learn and continue to share pics of new products before the seller is ready to launch them... Oh Well!

I've got some close up pics somewhere of the latest design, but can’t find them at the moment, this is the newer design that FL have been working on and its looking much more solid that the versions made in mid 2008, also for a change they have been properly tested in China using bocker’s that took part in the Olympic opening ceremony rather than just using their machines, which means they are ironing out a lot of issues prior to selling them.

Having said the above, they are due into us very soon and we will only be ordering them if after tests by ourselves they are ready to be sold and we are confident in the design, usability and performance of them.

The springs used with these are also a new design, they are a different mould, to ones used previously and are doing extremely well in tests but again we shall see once we have them here.

Check the jpg below showing the difference from the Upwing design, to the ones designed in Mid 2008 and then the latest version. The new design uses a reinforced footplate which is one of the changes that SpeedJumper made when they modded the Mid 2008 design from FL.

These stilts will be available in two frame versions, after tests we will decide which, if any or both we shall be selling. Also will have the option of having a calf cuff or not.

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 08:13:29 PM »
Woah, Naz, those bocks look leet!
Any news of how much they'll be?

Fysh

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 08:20:08 PM »
I'm not even going to go there!

This info & pictures have been with the dealers for months and there was a good reason why they were not made public, its a shame that the manufacturer has once again released premature info. There will be no news on price, release dates etc unless we have tested them, happy with them and ordered them.

Initial feedback from their tests, pics & vids makes these stilts becoming a reality promising :thumbs:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 10:28:34 PM »
actually i was planning to get one after a bad incident with the skyrunners.. (might be giving them away for a birthday gift heh) considering the ones posted above, should i get the CZ0823 aluminum or just stick with the normal Powerstrider/Projumps M115 with Calf Cuffs and  Ski Binders Upgrade?

Unless you want to wait around, then I would choose whats available in the market at the moment :)

Offline Trip

• EA Bocker
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 11:06:49 PM »
I do feel for ya Naz sometimes :-) LOL 

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 11:36:04 PM »
geeee thanks :D lol

Offline Trinitrophenol

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 08:06:04 AM »
sorry naz for releasing the pics earlier ><

seems like the new models are already receiving bad feedback  :-[

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 10:37:49 AM »
Yes, it's because some places released bocks like these (upwings) over a year ago and they really were half baked cakes. They were not very good and you would have been better on a standard pair. It's a new design and while the standard designs work with no problems and rumors go about how bad they were it's hard to make people think they will be decent.

Projump never released them because they were not good enough. Projump havens posted pics up, given a date or price until they test and make sure the bocks are good enough. Things might yet have to change ect and until the release it doesn't need to be common knowledge. They are managing people's expectations: when they are released they will be good enough and tested, because they are being tested and things may not be good enough they can't give date or price.

:spudT:

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 11:07:01 AM »

I got M90 Powerstriders for Xmas an there GREAT!! put some hoofies on there an they've got so much grip really recomend them. My friend has some old Powerizers with calf cuffs an I didn't get on with them at all! I'm glad I listened to some advice i got on here and  didn't buy calf cuffs stright away! The knee bar offers a lot of protection when your starting out!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 11:10:08 AM by JumpinJim »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 11:15:46 AM »
The knee bar offers a lot of protection when your starting out!
I am going a bit off topic here but the knee bar really isnt designed for protection and actually doesnt help a lot at all if you really bail, the bar goes below the knee depending how you land your knees could take a lot of impact. Knee bar or cuffs, you need pads the same :S

:spudT:

Offline masterking09

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 01:39:53 PM »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 01:45:24 PM »
Thats a vid of the old upwing!
This is the new one...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=scbsFdTm-9k

Offline masterking09

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 01:47:40 PM »
sorry, just gave the wrong web address.  Heres the correct one of the new model:D

Something that concernas me about the new models is the bar under the footplate that attaches to the spring.  instead of being straight, its bent a lot.  i wonder wat would happen if you bottom too hard.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 01:55:04 PM by masterking09 »

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 01:55:40 PM »
Here is a video i found of the new design.  Actually looks pretty nice.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&rlz=1B2DVFC_enUS209US209&q=upwing%20CZ-0834&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iv#

These look SICK!! Does any one have them? Or know if there worth getting?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 02:00:56 PM »
Here is a video i found of the new design.  Actually looks pretty nice.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&rlz=1B2DVFC_enUS209US209&q=upwing%20CZ-0834&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iv#

These look SICK!! Does any one have them? Or know if there worth getting?

Those ones were developed over a year ago but the design has some flaws hence were never sold by us. The new ones are the ones shown on the second vid & the pics in the first post.

Offline XS

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 04:53:42 PM »
why are people being so negative about this design, we really have no clue how it'll hold up.  We know not to take anything the FL factory says at face value but Naz already said they're on the way to the UK for testing we'll see how they hold up then.

Offline masterking09

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 05:09:03 PM »
im really hoping these are nice.  would be nice to have a new design, hopefully they weigh less too, maybe like skips weight

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 10:40:50 PM »
I must say that I like the new frames and they look fairly strong

Not sure about the new tube section under the footplate I prefer the old style (simpler and no welds) but if it is made well it should be OK

And I can't see why people are so worried about the bolts running through the spring if it is reinforced well in that area it will be no weaker than the previous one if anything it will spread the load better as the old tube causes a thin line of loading and the plate spreads it

Lets hope they work and arrive soon  :nanadance:

Jason  :Hoofies2: