Author Topic: To buy or not to buy!?  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Springer

To buy or not to buy!?
« on: January 20, 2009, 06:53:59 PM »
I've just seen the calf cuffs offer - should I, a newbish student bocker with not much money - get them now while they're cheap, so I can choose between the cuffs and bars as I please, and be able to sell them on if I'm not keen?
Please post your thoughts!!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: To buy or not to buy!?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 06:58:57 PM »
I would! Bocks feel really nice with them. But is personal preference. You might not take to them. The offer is for a few weeks so maybe able to try some first?

:spudT:

Offline Springer

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 07:02:48 PM »
Good point :) Hopefully I'll be able to try some at the next IBz meet...

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 07:08:38 PM »
If you cant then go for it. I am sure you will be able to sell them to somebody...specially if the price goes up..

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 10:12:41 PM »
Remind me for the next gym meet Springer and I'll bring a pair along
They will be on heavier springs than you are used to but you can still get a feel for them

One question
Do you find that the kneebars rub and you just can't get your straps tight enough to feel secure
If the answer is yes you will love the Cuffs
I find the Knebars really uncomfortable so much so that I made my own cuffs when they wern't available so I may be biased  :biggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 10:25:32 PM »
Where ever possible I would try before going ahead and just buying them.
Some people love them some don't ?

If you do try someones check that it's set as you would set them on your stilts ?
I did try cuff but didn't like them. I couldn't pull them tight without them cuting into the carf. Maybe the cuff wasn't set to the right height or just my legs the wrong shape?

So unless knee bars feel uncomfitable stick with them for now :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 10:45:07 PM »
Well DK, I am really really happy with the knee bars. I tie extra padding for bonus security and they are great.

But...I have tried cuffs a few times and they are lovely. they make bocks so comfortable. Usually you knwo the knee bar is there..but with cuffs, other than for the weight of the bocks ect..well you hardly feel them around your knees. Great and I am ordering mine soon.

But as I have said they are not right for everybody...

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 11:01:41 PM »
Well DK, I am really really happy with the knee bars. I tie extra padding for bonus security and they are great.

But...I have tried cuffs a few times and they are lovely. they make bocks so comfortable. Usually you knwo the knee bar is there..but with cuffs, other than for the weight of the bocks ect..well you hardly feel them around your knees. Great and I am ordering mine soon.

But as I have said they are not right for everybody...

carl has cuffs and skip pro frames.. there so light u can't feel there on your feet.. ITS AWESOME!  xD

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 11:15:58 PM »
I must admit that if the Cuffs are adjusted for someone else they will feel loose on your legs if you are smaller than them

When they are properly adjusted the bocks feel like a natural extention of your lower leg rather than something you are standing on

You might be able to tell that I like them  :haha:

Dark Knight

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 11:32:06 PM »
I must admit that if the Cuffs are adjusted for someone else they will feel loose on your legs if you are smaller than them
Knee bars fit me like a glove ( maybe where I'm going wrong ) there lovely a tight fit around my leg I don't even need the rear strap done up there that tight :nana:
I'd love to try your pair Jason maybe your set up could convince me ?

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 02:14:34 PM »
I've got my orignal knee bars and really like them. Although I have bought a pair of the elite straps that pinhead makes, (see mod's thread) as they give you a bit more security.

I tried my friends calf cuffs an didn't get on with them. They just felt to loose an my legs were all over the place. However, they wern't set up for me, so that maybe why.. I'd like to try them again with the right set up for me as they do look a lot more comfortable..

But as everyone says it's personal prefrance. I suppose £29.99 isn't a lot of money so you could just buy a pair an if you don't get on with them i'm sure some one on here will buy them from you!

JJ

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 11:34:34 PM »
I will stick you on my own personal set of PJ's at Capital Bocking this year DK unless we meet sooner  :Csmile:

Try them Jim but make sure they are close to the sides of your legs and straight with the bocks as a bit to one side makes them feel weird

Dark Knight

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 11:39:35 PM »
I will stick you on my own personal set of PJ's at Capital Bocking this year DK unless we meet sooner  :Csmile:
Jason I'm planning to meet you sooner !?