Author Topic: Sigs and/or avatars animation/still  (Read 8025 times)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Sigs and/or avatars animation/still
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:35:31 PM »
Heya guys ive seen few people wanting sigs or avatars or wanting to learn the arts of 3d computer animation which really isnt easy XD

the art of animation is capturing each frame of a picture than putting each of those frames together making a motion picture thats also how films are made lots of pictures anyway ive learnt how to do alot of animation and i fort id help everyone on the frum out wif sigs and avatars but with animation comes 3D which also looks very cool i can make sigs and avatard in a 3D format animated or not if u want animated then give us a shout i cna get it done in a day or so if u want a 3D still picture i can also get that but in like half an hour depending on the scale

so if anyone wants any 3D sigs avatars anything give us a pm or post here

if u wanna learn to do the 3D and animation then give us a pm and i might tell you my secret XD but i dunno i quite like being special XD :Cwink:

and naz i love these new funny faces!!  :Claugh: :CGEEK: :Cerr: :Ceek: :Cchatterbox: :Crolleyes:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
Re: Sigs and/or avatars animation/still
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:39:35 PM »
Looks pretty nice aidan, i might see about asking you for one of these sigs sometime, when i get bored of the one spud made me :P i like the colour scheme on this one, so i'm happy to keep it for the moment. When i'm after a new one though, i'll give you a yell :P

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 10:50:08 PM »
i dont blaim u for keeping it spud is very good at sigs :D she made my old one for me i loved it :D  (NAZ!! i want a thumbs upface :P )

hehe no mate i dnt think i have flurecent green but ill look into it for when u myt want one :P

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 11:23:42 PM »
3D animation is easy.... Probably easier than photoshop infact. You just need the right tools. e.g. www.anim8or.com

the art of animation is capturing each frame of a picture than putting each of those frames together making a motion picture
Get some better software aiden that allows you to render in a video format such as avi or mpeg, rather than exporting as single images and then combining them yourself. It'll look a lot better and smooth, will allow for motion blurring and better quality, and will be faster. Then just feed it through Abode Imageready (comes with photoshop) and convert it to a .gif file.

3D text is even easier, you just type in what you want, extrude it, smooth it if you feel necessary, and texture it.

[youtube=425,350]9mfcXXkZBwA[/youtube]
Something I built about 2 years ago using anim8or and sketchup for another bocking forum :Ctongue:

And what I built this year

:Cbiggrin:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:26:10 PM by sprog »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 11:32:47 PM »
Very nice sprog   :Cwideeyed:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 12:13:56 AM »
the software i use is very old but can export AVI, GIF, JPG, flash, normal images i just dont make them sorta stuff i like my 3d sigs and avatars the program i use u can animate ur own airoplane then open it and walk around then fire of the jets and watching the smoke or make it blow words out the back its a very complex program any web based software i never use coz i see my programs are better :D

but there very nice what youve made :) i shall get to work and a complicated one to show u my programs capability? :D

ill have a animate-off

did u use google sketchup coz its the same principle :P ive done modeling on it before tis preety good :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 12:19:09 AM by aidanh1 »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 12:24:59 AM »
any web based software i never use coz i see my programs are better :D
LOL Anim8or isn't web based. I did try a student copy of Maya 8 with Renderman (What pixar use) last year but my computer had a fit when I tried to put some hair on a person's head as it was attempting to render each hair individually and then apply physics to it as well.

did u use google sketchup coz its the same principle :P ive done modeling on it before tis preety good :P
No, I won't use google sketchup, they ruined it. I use @Last SketchUp5, before Google bought them out and completly ruined the program.
All my models I built in Anim8or, exported as 3Ds, texture mapped in sketchup (as its a hell of a lot easier), then re-imported to Anim8or and added finishes to the textures and lighting.

u can animate ur own airoplane then open it and walk around then fire of the jets and watching the smoke or make it blow words out the back its a very complex program
Sounds incredibly like Gary's Mod.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 12:39:55 AM »

this is a simple plane spraying out spuds name i made for her

this is the loe end of what my program can do and i mean very low end

it has camera moving capabilities and it automaticaly bevals and creates ur animation

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 12:48:42 AM »
I'm special! Please feel free to test me on any animations  :Cwink:  :Ctwitcy:

:spudT:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 01:16:14 AM »
this is a simple plane spraying out spuds name i made for her
What it is, is a 3D mesh being tracked by a simple particle effect which is then arranged to a basic mesh before being replaced by the word "spud", producing an apparently seamless transition from "spray" to "words" :Cwink:

this is the loe end of what my program can do and i mean very low end

it has camera moving capabilities and it automaticaly bevals and creates ur animation
So what you're saying is that it does all of it for you, you don't keyframe animate everything yourself?

All 3D software contains a "camera" (The viewpoint), which can be moved around, also generally animated by keyframe, allowing full custom movement around an environment. Automatic bevelling or subdividing is generally normal too.

Aha! Found what I was after
[youtube=425,350]tqBEjlpCKfI[/youtube]
Did this in 2007 with an earlier version of my prime model, and a few others too. Includes mass mesh rigging/skeleton creation,  key-frame animation, lighting, camera movement and various other things. Everything is animated by hand, using key-frame (you set the 2 points of movement and it calculates the movement inbetween), rather than selecting a premade animation within the program.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 01:21:25 AM by sprog »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 01:26:09 AM »
Muhahahaha..I cant do 3D..I can do flash and "real" animation..physical is probs the words I am looking for..my drawn metamorphisis are pretty cool....

I did this by drawing onto 16mm film..the final product was about erm...80M long lol..I had half as much material on this version..the new one is better but not tubed yet..this one is quite repative..epilepsy warning lol..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0kG3RaE8zYU

If possible click on the vid and play in high quality..it needs it..

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 01:38:36 AM »
that vid looks mad it sent me in a world of flashing colourful lines and fluff balls XD :Cnotworthy: :Cchatterbox: :Cchatterbox: :Cchatterbox: :Cwideeyed: :Cswoon:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 02:18:24 AM »
 :haha: not very useful for making sigs tho is it  :Ctwitcy: tbh making that was just like fun. An excuse to do stuff like when I was back at first school  :Cwink: I think that is the real definition of the word "abstract"  :Claugh:

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 01:06:59 PM »
Sounds incredibly like Gary's Mod.

You play Garry's Mod?  I was just playing that before my laptop crashed...  Had almost completed my contraption too!  Damnit!

I used to do animation once upon a time.  Although, I always preferred F-b-F over everything else.  Simple just takes a little longer!

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 07:33:42 PM »
F-b-F makes it better quality too  :P

coz some automated programs reduce the quality abit

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 07:45:28 PM »
I used to do animation once upon a time.  Although, I always preferred F-b-F over everything else.  Simple just takes a little longer![/color]
I assume by F-b-D you mean stop-motion animation? I play around a lot with that too, lot more fun than CGI ;D

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 09:10:39 PM »
FBF i fort it ment Frame by frame XD

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 09:12:39 PM »
It does Aiden, but all animation is done frame by frame technically.

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 06:46:16 PM »
I assume by F-b-F you mean stop-motion animation? I play around a lot with that too, lot more fun than CGI ;D

F-b-F or stop-motion.  I've always called it F-b-F because to me stop-motion also includes things like "clay-mation" and I would never have the patience for something like that!

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:23 PM »
F-b-F or stop-motion.  I've always called it F-b-F because to me stop-motion also includes things like "clay-mation" and I would never have the patience for something like that!
Haha it's fine filming it over a number of days using artificial lighting... Until your brother stomps through your room and destroys the entire layout of the set.

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 09:28:40 PM »
Personal experience there sprog?

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 11:17:46 PM »
 :hijacked: :offtopic: :damnit: :dot:

:lol: :nanadance: :woohoo:

sed it all in icons :Claugh: