Author Topic: One down one to go...!  (Read 4840 times)

Offline JumpinJim

One down one to go...!
« on: February 02, 2009, 08:44:16 PM »
Hi Guys,

Well tonight I have finally started modding my bocks! It's been fun and I'm really quite pleased with the outcome.. I've attached some pics so you can give me your honest and informed opinion.

Also I have a few questions I need answering before I start the other one....

Over all bock. As I said I'm Really Quite pleased  :Cbiggrin:

Right 1st question.. I used laces as according to other threads, laces are better than Tie wraps, as when you start doing grab tricks you can cut your hands. (And I'm on the cusp of some grab tricks now) The problem I have is I can't get is a tight as I'd like.. No s******ing in the back!  :Cwink: I've put Duct tape top an bottom but it still moves a little from side to side, not much but enough.. I guess my questions is what effect will this have on the spring an does a little movement cause a big problem?

This is the tape round the top I've had to do the same on the bottom. Any suggestions? Or will this be ok?

Next Mod is the MK2 Hoofie.. I can't fault them at all! They were easy to fit an give you soooooooooooooo much more grip! A great mod for beginers like myself! Cheers Jason!

Last Mod was the elite strap.. Had a few issues with this! (But that's probably down to me not pinhead)

2nd Question an I know this sounds like a dumb question but here goes.. Is there a right and left bock? If so which one is which? It's just on the instructions for the straps (and before you start yes I have read the how to thread) it has "TOP BKL LFT LEG" I know the buckles go on your outside leg, which mine do but it just dosn't look right...

What do you think? Also I cant seem to adjust them right! I can make them smaller but not bigger! And I can't get them as tight as I want around the knee bar...Again no singgers from the back please :Cwink:

Lastly I've decided not to cut the original straps off, but to Duct tape them to the knee bar on the outside is this a wise idea? Or will I regret it when I fall?

An thats it from me folks.. All feedback would be apreciated!

Dark Knight

Re: One down one to go...!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:04:52 PM »
I've not tried a tire Mod but maybe a layer of double back sticky tape may help stop the tire twisting ?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:22:55 PM »
Thanks for the praise mate  :Cbiggrin:

The buckles go to the outside but that means that the bit with the buckle bit on it starts on the inside of your foot

Confusing I know but to make it easy the pic you put up here is the one for your left foot

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 09:59:35 PM »
No a little looseness on the tire won't really effect anything. But if you use a longer lace you can criss cross (instead of zig-zag as it appears in your pic) and tie a knot at each hole punch interval. Like on a corset. It'll be much more form fitting. I have to say I don't like the look of the tape. lol. Maybe try black tape (electricians tape). Hope that helps. =)

Love the hoof mod! It looks great. And if it looks good you bounce higher! Fact! *cough*
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:07:30 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 10:26:37 PM »
Thanks for the praise mate  :Cbiggrin:

The buckles go to the outside but that means that the bit with the buckle bit on it starts on the inside of your foot

Confusing I know but to make it easy the pic you put up here is the one for your left foot

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Excellent! I have got the right foot then! The left I mean  :Cwink:

No worries for the praise mate the hoofies are my best mod over all!!! I shall defo be back for more, so make sure you've got plenty on rubber in! Ooooo I say!! lol

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 10:31:40 PM »
No a little looseness on the tire won't really effect anything. But if you use a longer lace you can criss cross (instead of zig-zag as it appears in your pic) and tie a knot at each hole punch interval. Like on a corset. It'll be much more form fitting. I have to say I don't like the look of the tape. lol. Maybe try black tape (electricians tape). Hope that helps. =)

Love the hoof mod! It looks great. And if it looks good you bounce higher! Fact! *cough*

They were the longest laces I could find!! As long as it won't affect the spring I can live with it for now.. Maybe I'll try the cris-cross on the next tyre mod.. (£3.99 Wilikinsons - 26" MBT Tyre, BARGIN!!)

Hmmm..... May well over lay the duct tape with black tape or see if I can get some black Duct tape!

Cheeres Brendan!!

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 10:51:01 PM »
Wow they look really good, congrats =]
i like what you have done with the hooves too, and right and left as people have said heir isnt really one but i was wearing mine 'the wrong way around' to start with, so i had the buckles on the insides of my feet i have now swapped them over.

Love

Mini Ellis xxxx

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 02:25:51 PM »
Cheers Mini.. There ok for a 1st atempt.. But I have some big plans for Phase two! Picked up some great tips for various threads.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 02:55:20 PM »
yeah looking good mate.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 04:50:32 PM »
"Last Mod was the elite strap.. Had a few issues with this! (But that's probably down to me not pinhead) " jj

YUP down to you matey lol...
they dont look fitted properly at all dude....
yes they go tight, yes they adjust from fatty size to thin...
im amazed how some people cant work them out as they work just like a belt does...feed through to tighten, feed back to loosen hmnnnnnn, undo to adjust, dont pull FEED through....

LOOK HERE BELOW
http://www.pinheadstraps.co.uk/
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
never fece yourself wearing a g-string
it makes chip shapes

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 05:41:38 PM »
Cheers Mini.. There ok for a 1st atempt.. But I have some big plans for Phase two! Picked up some great tips for various threads.

Theirs no stopping you now :P
Good luck!!

Love

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 06:04:59 PM »
"Last Mod was the elite strap.. Had a few issues with this! (But that's probably down to me not pinhead) " jj

im amazed how some people cant work them out as they work just like a belt does...feed through to tighten, feed back to loosen hmnnnnnn, undo to adjust, dont pull FEED through....

Hmmm... Well they're not the easiest things I've ever to work out! No worries though I'm heading down to Lincoln gym meet and I'm sure someone there will have them an be able to check them over for me an give me a proper 1-2-1 tourtrial.. :Cwink:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 06:05:49 PM »

Actually pin i had a problem wif the thtening coz u used 2 belt thingys i worked it out eventually XD its like a bet wif to fasterners on it hehe :D

but in all fairness pins straps are really good and work absolute wonders just dont tell him to often hell get all big headed :P

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 06:14:07 PM »
sory about double post but im some wot of an expert on the tyre mod on the bak right with ur string undo it and start at the top and pull it tight so the rubber touches on each side and then feed threw ina  zig zag and pull it all tight tie a bow at the bottom this will fully secure it to the spring and it wont move i did this mod a few months bak :) i wa slike the 2nd or 3rd bockers to ahve it on hehe

i feel proud to have that title XD

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)