Author Topic: Starting out bocking  (Read 3847 times)

Offline Wisp the cat

Starting out bocking
« on: February 08, 2009, 08:34:45 PM »
hey all,
thinking about getting some pro jumps for my birthday  :Cbiggrin:
want to know if there are any places in surrey (or near) where I can try then buy?
also is it pretty fast to get into bocking, or does it take years of practice?
thanks alot :Becky:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: Starting out bocking
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »
well hello there young one  :Claugh:

i just happen to be the guy that set up the surrey springers, your local group, so yes there's definately somewhere you can come and try first, whether it's with me in guildford, or up with clive/jason or someone a bit further into london

isn't too hard to get started, but don't expect to be doing backflips half an hour after trying them on, can be a bit frustrating, but it's also extremely fun

so i think the questions are:
1.where are you/where's easiest to get to (guildford/south london etc)
2.how much do you weigh, though i've got a wide range of springs in my parts box
3.and how tall are you, just to make sure you're not looking at kiddie stilts (don't think anyone has a set of them around here)

Offline ryanwhyte

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 08:46:20 PM »
hey its good u getting them and i dnt no if u can try then buy but um ive had them for nearly two weeks and i can run jump and flip on them already great for fitness aswell  :Claugh: you shuold come to one of our meets and use somones there

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 08:48:24 PM »
Hi Wisp the cat

Your best bet is to get along to one of the meets that are held most weekends

Clive and I normally meet for a couple of hours on a sunday today it was Kingston

I don't know where you are in Surrey but we are based in Hanworth near Feltham/Sunbury so if you are near us I have a few diferent sizes and your welcome to meet us and try

As to time most people on here were walking within 10-20 mins and running anything from the next day to a week after and the same for jumping although it can take a bit longer to start getting real height and doing tricks

Looks like Darfgarf got in first but the offer still stands

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Wisp the cat

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 08:52:11 PM »
well hello there young one  :Claugh:

i just happen to be the guy that set up the surrey springers, your local group, so yes there's definately somewhere you can come and try first, whether it's with me in guildford, or up with clive/jason or someone a bit further into london

isn't too hard to get started, but don't expect to be doing backflips half an hour after trying them on, can be a bit frustrating, but it's also extremely fun

so i think the questions are:
1.where are you/where's easiest to get to (guildford/south london etc)
2.how much do you weigh, though i've got a wide range of springs in my parts box
3.and how tall are you, just to make sure you're not looking at kiddie stilts (don't think anyone has a set of them around here)

Hey,
guildford is great!  :Csmile:
my weight around 9st and height around 5ft 5"
what age group, is your group? :Claugh: and do you meet regulary?
ty

Offline Wisp the cat

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 08:54:22 PM »
Hi Wisp the cat

Your best bet is to get along to one of the meets that are held most weekends

Clive and I normally meet for a couple of hours on a sunday today it was Kingston

I don't know where you are in Surrey but we are based in Hanworth near Feltham/Sunbury so if you are near us I have a few diferent sizes and your welcome to meet us and try

As to time most people on here were walking within 10-20 mins and running anything from the next day to a week after and the same for jumping although it can take a bit longer to start getting real height and doing tricks

Looks like Darfgarf got in first but the offer still stands

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

hehe purrrrfect ty

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 09:00:41 PM »
Just to let you know Clive and I are a couple of oldies both short of 50 but not by much but feel free to bring parents along as I have a few pairs of stilts

Darfgarf is a fair bit younger but much uglier that us two  :Claugh:(oh is he gonna kill me for that  :Cbiggrin:)

We could all meet up somewhere between the three of us as we are always looking for new bocking grounds

By the way Darfgarf did you talk about a gym near you or was I dreaming if you can find a gym Clive and I would be there  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 09:04:38 PM »
Darfgarf is a fair bit younger but much uglier that us two  :Claugh:(oh is he gonna kill me for that  :Cbiggrin:)

We could all meet up somewhere between the three of us as we are always looking for new bocking grounds

By the way Darfgarf did you talk about a gym near you or was I dreaming if you can find a gym Clive and I would be there 

heh i'll spare your life if you show me a flip attempt, or one at my stupid twisty double grab/something

been meaning to get some big meets going sometime soon, is jsut a tad wet and snowy for me atm, trains to and from guildford are still dodgy, had to get a bus form woking today

i'm 19 at surrey uni, most people are around the teens, with a few younguns in the early teens and a few oldies who can still show us lot a thing or two :D

and yeah there is a gym nearby that i was going to inquire about once i got a free second in my day, and sorted out loans/accomodation/whatevers

btw i'm free most wednesdays for guildford meets, and this wednesday looks sunny, so i'm up for something here if poeple can make it

hehe purrfect eh? =^-^=

Offline Wisp the cat

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 09:23:11 PM »

[/quote]

heh i'll spare your life if you show me a flip attempt, or one at my stupid twisty double grab/something

been meaning to get some big meets going sometime soon, is jsut a tad wet and snowy for me atm, trains to and from guildford are still dodgy, had to get a bus form woking today

i'm 19 at surrey uni, most people are around the teens, with a few younguns in the early teens and a few oldies who can still show us lot a thing or two :D

and yeah there is a gym nearby that i was going to inquire about once i got a free second in my day, and sorted out loans/accomodation/whatevers

btw i'm free most wednesdays for guildford meets, and this wednesday looks sunny, so i'm up for something here if poeple can make it

hehe purrfect eh? =^-^=
[/quote]

sounds great! :Cwink: as im only 13 next friday :Claugh: will have to ask to mum to come along (she promises not too ruin my cred)
looking forward to hearing about your next meet  :Csmile:

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 09:26:17 PM »
I dont know what's wrong with parents coming along.

My parents are way cool, my dad even plays Motorstorm occasionally, that's how cool he is. He normally needs me to remind him which button is 'Go' though.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 09:27:23 PM »
heh that's ok, got at least one other about your age, but on second thoughts there's snow every day this week apart form wednesday according ot the weatherman, so maybe not this week (slippery ground=owie)

feel free to add me on msn or whatever and prod me to organise stuff (that goes for you aswell jason, kick my butt into action about stuff)

and kaz: parents are an embarrassment, always talk about stuff you don't want the to talk about with strangers, like when ou first wet yourself inpublic etc XD

Offline Wisp the cat

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 09:34:53 PM »
heh that's ok, got at least one other about your age, but on second thoughts there's snow every day this week apart form wednesday according ot the weatherman, so maybe not this week (slippery ground=owie)

feel free to add me on msn or whatever and prod me to organise stuff (that goes for you aswell jason, kick my butt into action about stuff)

and kaz: parents are an embarrassment, always talk about stuff you don't want the to talk about with strangers, like when ou first wet yourself inpublic etc XD

great will add you to msn  :Cbiggrin: got test week so yeah  :Cno:
maybe half term :p if no snow.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 09:37:48 PM »
i don't get half term but okay sounds good, might be something happening that week by the looks of it, or jsut do a wednesday or something etc

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 10:14:33 PM »
Hey guys never worry about parents guys at least if they come to a meet it gives Clive and me someone sensible to chat to while you lot are talking about things I'm to old to understand  :Claugh:

You mean you havn't seen my flip attempt Darfgarf
And I thiught it was famous enought to be seen by everyone and just in case anyone missed it :Claugh:

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=841

I have gotta try that again soon  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 10:34:20 PM »
ur body gets older but ur mind will allways be a kid jason XD

anyway what young stuff us youths stand around nodding our heads to music till it goes dark then go bed XD

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)