Author Topic: PINHEAD 69's PHaT CuFF, is now SLiM and improved  (Read 30718 times)

Offline PINHEAD69

PINHEAD 69's PHaT CuFF, is now SLiM and improved
« on: February 21, 2009, 11:25:59 PM »
OK THEN FOLKS
here is my latest addition cuff
firstly i want to explain to everyone that
i am a pure bar fan, ive always agreed that cuffs one day
will be the way to go, once one is exceptable straight from the box..
some of you are happy with your cuffs, and some of you have had to mod them to become happy with them.... now then,
i had tried previous cuffs, and to be honest, i really could'nt get on with them, plus they were made awful, regarding the stitching...
ok, i understand large companies have to go where it is cheaper
to get things made, either for the reason of extra profit, or to keep the prices down...but come on, prices of cuffs for what you get is rough... ok pj lowered theirs which is fair does, but still.....anyway
i decided, i needed to try the latest offerings on the cuff market
as they surely had to be better now eh....errmmmmm NOPE
SO...after looking at them, i thought, yeah, i can make a much better cuff....it also shocked me what people charge for what i got....
my initial objective was to just make them look a little better, and of course stitch them well, but one thing led to another, as it always does with me...so i went about making them so they adress
the issues what people dislike about them
firstly,
object 1 was to make them fit thinner legs, as we all are different...
secondly, i wanted them comfortable
and third, i wanted them to stay put, and not slip...
in the end, i made a 3 way interchangable internal padding system
thats the posh explanation ;-)...translated that means, theres 3 pads, you can change them and they are inside...now your with me...this means, you can add or remove the padding to suit you..
i also added a second slip buckle as cuffs have one, this holds them much tighter and stops the slipping...
i also located them nearer to the bar ends, the reason for this being, you can now draw them closer together for a tighter fit on slim legs, such an easy thing, if it was thought through by cuff makers...pfffff
so this now means, you fasten it through one slip buckle, pull tight, fasten it through the second slip buckle and pull tight again, and finish off by velcroing in the centre for a neater look...as old versions wrapped around the side and over the bar, ewwww nasty
but all this wasnt the best bit, remember, i am a bar man upto this point still,
i tried them on.....OMG
THEY FIT MY SLIM LEGS
I GOT THEM EXTREMELY TIGHT
THEY DID NOT SLIP
THEY WERE STITCHED STRONG AND NEAT (well, i did do em afterall)
THEY FELT REALLY COMFY
AND THE BEST BIT,...THEY FELT LIKE MY BAR WAS STILL THERE ;-)
i now believe i have taken the cuff to another level.....
i can also add colour to them, by using different colour webbing etc
and i could if needed, change the shape....so in all
welcome PINHEAD 69's PHaT CuFF
they actually look better than the pictures show, so please excuse the poor photo quality, some lines look uneven, but i can assure you, they are not... you still get a good idea of what they are like
the pictures include, front and back views, side views, rear views,
pad removed views, and the metal bracket pad cover, "well" why not
i will be making these for £35... well there is more work than a standard cuff with the extra padding and locks etc plus they are well made lol....
and i also will be doing them shortly, with the bars and the metal bracket which is a necessity with a cuff...
ENJOY and thanks for looking
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 02:31:48 PM by PINHEAD69 »

LOOK HERE BELOW
http://www.pinheadstraps.co.uk/
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
never fece yourself wearing a g-string
it makes chip shapes

Offline PINHEAD69

Re: PINHEAD 69'S PHaT CuFF
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:27:15 PM »
more pics

LOOK HERE BELOW
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
it makes chip shapes

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:28:50 PM »
the logo is just a messy street style thing,
i sewn on some leather ;-) thats why it looks rough lol
anyhows....
-----------------------------------------------------------
INSTRUCTIONS for fitting and adding the last velcro parts...

firstly,these cuffs are designed to be used with protection
pads tucked inside them, i have purposely left a small gap at the
front for this, as padding is'nt needed there, as most people use knee pads when they bock...
the cuff comes in 5 pieces....
the 2 sides, 1 back pad, 2 side pads...
the sides can be adjusted at the back as they are
attatched by wide velcro which is then covered by the rear pad....
so set your rough size before you fit...
(it can be altered while they are on also, but its more fiddly)
----------------
i used 3 washers on each side.... 1 by the nut, 1 larger inbetween
the bar and cuff, and 1 inside...make sure the washers you use have a 5.5 mm or 6mm hole (depending on your bolt size of course) this is important, because the bigger the hole in relation to the bolt
means there will be more chance of movement, which in turn converts to wear eventually...so get them snug...
-----------------
once you have the cuff on the bars, put the shoes you wear to bock in, and your pads on in the exact place, and put your stilt on, doing up the bindings...set the bar height at the place you'd prefer the cuff to be at, then bring the bars inward, until you feel the inner padding hugging your leg firmly....tighten the bolts....
once that is set and adjusted to your leg, proceed to do the cuff up...
feed through the first set of loops and pull tight (pull straight and not at an angle, as this can twist the loops)
continue to feed through the second loops and pull tight once more..
when you feel it is about right for you, its time to mark where the velcro will go...see pics..( note...if you can get your finger down the back of the rear pad very easy, close the rear opening up more under the rear pad )
--------------------------
i have done it this way, as everyone is different, it is impossible to guess where everyones centre point will be, especially when people use different pads also...so doing it this way, guarantees a good tidy fit and attatchment, and it will look much nicer.......rather than me guessing, only for the velcro not to match up at your individual centre point......this is also the reason why i do not do logo's for other people, as 1, i wont know your centre point to stitch it,  2, i dont stock paints, 3, i hav'nt included it in the price, and 4, i only did it for mine, and its not really an item i would consider charging for, as paint will fade and scuff..especially on leather, its just an option that you can do....
-------------------------------
soooo to continue... the space left between the 2 sets of loop buckles
is where you will mark it for the SOFT velcro to go...leave about
10 to 15mm of space from each buckle, as this helps the doing and undoing of the cuff...then mark it with 2 lines and put a letter S in the middle (it wont be seen)...see pics...this will remind you where the soft velcro is to be stitched inbetween...once marked, pull the flap over, and you can now mark the UNDERSIDE, dead in line with your previous markings, but this time write an R for the rough velcro..remove cuff from the stilt bars for ease..then stitch away,
this can all be done by hand as you are only going through 1 piece of webbing plus the velcro...its really easy trust me...
neatness is not really a factor here as its not seen, but just make it strong enough to cope with the opening and closing of the strap....
you can now cut the remaining flap off the strap just past the loop buckles...now they look neat and tidy....remember to melt the end neatly to stop any future fraying....
-----------------------------
the inner pads are removeable, so you can chop and change them to suit your prefernece of comfort, the flaps which cover these face towards the front...you will see what i mean....
-------------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE...
as of the nature of this extreme sport, i do not guarantee, exchange or refund anything whatsoever once the item is sold....
i make these to help the bocking community, and at a cheap price for what you get, not for profit...so if you want guarantees, go and buy poor quality from a shop... i also do not except responsibility
for injuries caused using this product...you know the sport, you know the risks.... if you do not agree, then its SIMPLEZZZZ
dont buy them.....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 03:03:36 PM by PINHEAD69 »

LOOK HERE BELOW
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
it makes chip shapes

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 11:32:02 PM »
I saw these on RB earlier today and I have to say they look ace! Wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 11:37:30 PM »
ive seen this in the flesh, and i honestly cant wait to test them out, this is what cuffs should be about, pure security to your stilts with maximum comfort

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline nofear

• im skyhigh ya ya
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 11:38:34 PM »
 :Cchatterbox: look sick man  :Ctongue:
love them

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 11:48:39 PM »
usually i'd avoid anything with the word 'phat' in the name

...but hole encrusted metal batman! they look lovely, if you showed me a picture of how small they could go it'd probably secureme as a buyer for some :D

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 11:49:19 PM »
WOW! They look really nice and good. I cant believe how fast you came out with those...looks like a job really well done  :Cyes:

:spudT:

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 11:54:05 PM »
thanks all, much appreciated, and i aim to please ;-)
and darf, they would even nip your manhood lol
on the side of making things,
i'm waiting on a delivery from hong kong lol
so will be a while before i can get at em, pffffffff
around 10 days and im at it

OH and only mine have phat on lol
you can write what you wish
i aslo forgot to mention, they are waterproof ;-)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:18:50 AM by PINHEAD69 »

LOOK HERE BELOW
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
it makes chip shapes

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 08:25:49 AM »
they would even nip your manhood lol
cheeky monkey, lucky for you my girlfriend hasn't registered here yet :D

so yeah pictures of how small they go and i'llprobably be a buyer(assuming the price is reasonable when you factor in needing brackets aswell

Dark Knight

Re: PINHEAD 69'S PHaT CuFF made and sorted
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 12:02:23 PM »
Pinhead does it again  :Cnotworthy:

A lot of people say the like the fact they feel they can tighten themself in better with cuffs an a knee bar.
I love my knee bars, once I slide a knee pad in my leg is lovely a tight I sometimes forget the tie around the back. That maybe why the cuffs I tired on did work for me.

I'venow seen a couple of different types of cuff and has you say the stitching on some are a little so-so. I can tell to take pride in your work and and would rather ask people to pay that little bit more than cut corners.

I know you've thought hard on how to make them fit people with thin legs, and one thing you can say about my legs are the aren't thin so if you can make me a pair that would prove you can make them for anyone !

So once your ready to take orders could you make a pair for me please.
Being "Dark Knight" could you make them totally black !  :Dark_Knight:

Once I order them what else would I need to get ?

:Cbiggrin:

Offline lynch

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »
wow they look good im thinking of replacing them with the cuff i have atm
do you think you could stick lynch on them for me
i think that would look good
if so i think you have you first buyer
 i want to be the first buyer

Dark Knight

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »

I think you mean SECOND buyer :Ctongue:

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 01:53:58 PM »
just a few pointers,
on the cost side DK, you said, i understand you take pride
etc and  dont cut corners so i understand why you charge that little bit extra...LOL  i actually think these are cheap for what you get... compare all the work in these to a normal cuff, just the inner padding alone takes time and effort...not to mention the extra slip
buckles and finished off with strong neat stitching etc ;-)

as regards to the bars and bracket, which i can get,
it all depends if your bracket is ok or not, some are some arent,
its a case of trying them out.... with 7's, yes get a metal bracket
with later pro jumps, i think they are ok....
you dont have to get bars etc, it was just an opinion, you can actually cut a knee bar down quite easy, if your confident
and the fact they curl is a bonus, it follows the contours of the cuff...as long as you cut them to 90' leaving a circular cut still....normally around 1 inch after the bar starts to curl back to the front, they drill easy to...

LOOK HERE BELOW
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
it makes chip shapes

Offline lynch

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 02:08:16 PM »

I think you mean SECOND buyer :Ctongue:

well hummmm lol

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 03:44:26 PM »
What would the price of the whole package be?
Including cuffs, metal brackets and bars?

And would you be willing to replace the leather bits
with something else? Leather gives me a rash. eww.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 08:29:08 PM »
Look great Pin and what a price don't know how you do them for that especially as I know how well made they will be

Just one question as I couldn't see how from the pics

How have you made the rear section adjustable as I found this the hardest bit to achieve cause as your legs get thinner it moves your center of gravity back and Clives had to be adjusted forward compared to mine so he was in the same place as the bar would hold him and some of the very thin people that tried mine complained about this untill I tightened them from the back

I can't wait to see a pair mate as your work is always first class

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:03:15 PM by Jason »

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 08:47:47 PM »
Same questions as a few people really,

How much will they be with bars included to attach them to the stilt, and how long will it be before i can get some? :D

Black base+bright green straps for me, if you happen to make me some out of charity....

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »
LOL...
ok to answer all your questions..............
NEO, im waiting to see what my friend will get me
the bars and brackets for, and i will just pass them on at the same price...but, you may not need the bracket, unless you have 7's...
the pro jump one is ok i think...
also, the leather pad at the back is mine lol, others will be
material like the sides are,  to match ;-)
JASON
the price is not much over the cost to make them to be honest
especially as the hardware i had to order from bloody hong kong...
i dont work, so it gives me something to do in the day,
the hours i spend on them, doesnt really matter for now...and the bit extra i get back, goes back into buying stock to make more...
regarding the back, the 2 sides velcro together giving at least
3 inch either way of adjustment, but, the back pad is totaly
different to the sides, i did a flap over type pad like on my leather strap pads...so you can add or remove padding also, gives more options in adjustment without undoing everything, as you say, everyone is different...
KAZ
im still waiting on stock to arrive dude, so will be a few days yet
maybe a week, but it gives me time to make the stencils and patterns and then cut the stuff out ready, things that some people forget you have to do first lol, takes bloomin ages, ive spent all day litterally just cutting crap out...

i will post more pics soon, of an exploded view of everything i have to make, it will shock you the ammount involved

LOOK HERE BELOW
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
it makes chip shapes

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 06:12:44 AM »
pahh, i just spent 12 hours making one side, thats not good ;-(
im improving them already, happens i spose when you keep messin...
on another note, im working on a frayed denim version, and a camo
version, but as the material is not as stiff, i have to change things
around a little, so the shape will be different on those 2...
im still waiting on delivery of things from hong kong as i cant get what i need here in uk at the moment
and then i will test them out thoroughly with the help of the dogs ;-)
they seem to create 2 month of bocking use within 2 minutes lol...
then i will start making them for people, as i seem to have around 10 waiting already, good, but not good...
i will make 2 a week maybe 3 if the weather is bad, but this time, im gonna have days off, the straps killed me, and these take longer and are much tougher to do....im sure you understand....

LOOK HERE BELOW
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
it makes chip shapes

Dark Knight

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 10:12:16 AM »
OMG. If I hadn't asked for some already I'd be ordering then now.

With all these designs why haven't got a logo of your own so when people see your work they'll order their own :)

I've got "X" brand ?
I've got "Y" brand ?
I've got "PINHEAD's"   :Ctongue:

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 09:52:55 AM »
hehe DK,
people will know that they are mine
if they have seen thread pics due to their shape...
as you have big big calfs dk, i want you to measure around
accurately where you will have the cuffs, dont pull tight, just a
snug measurement and pm me the size....

one thing i want to mention is,
as everyone is a different size, and they will draw the strap through
to different locations after tightening, either as they are fat, skinny, or to what kind of pads they wear underneath, as some do slide theirs slightly in the cuff ,
i can make these in 2 ways....
the options being,
i can add a long length of velcro to the strap
which means it will fit all sizes, the downside being, it will be more awkward to
thread through when tightening, as the 2 sides of velcro will most certainly contact at some stage... this also means you wont be sure of where the end is going to finish....
option 2 like on my picture, (the best option)
i can do everything but stitch the last bit of velcro to the strap....
this means, you can pull it through both buckles tight,  then....
the space between the buckles, mark the strap with a pen that will show up...
i actually drawn 2 lines, each being 4mm from each buckle (i will explain more in pics later)
where you mark, is where you put the velcro...the velcro is the same width of the strap, so its easy, and its very easy to stitch through one piece of webbing by hand with an ordinary needle, do it when chillin or watching tv etc but just make sure you do enough to hold it for pulling open etc......doing it this way means... when tight, you know the remaining flap of webbing will end at the centre like my pictures, it looks much neater...this also means you can add the logo to the front, perfect centre....as i say, the pics later will explain and show how easy that part is.... if you think about it, you will understand exactly what i mean...
so there you have it ;-)

LOOK HERE BELOW
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
it makes chip shapes

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 11:02:07 AM »
so once again, my table is covered with crap
back to dinner on my lap again hmnnnnnn....
here's a few pics of the production line lol...
the side pads are removed, 1 is all leather
but you wont tell on the pics...

LOOK HERE BELOW
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
it makes chip shapes

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »
Looking pretty neat Pinny  :Cbiggrin: couple of questions...

Can you make them red? Or any parts of them red?

Can you make it say spud where it says phat?

One other thing..I actually can't sew for s**t. Usually goes very very wrong. I and up sewing my fingers together (or at least stabbing them a couple of times for it to come undone a week later. I was too much of a hazard to use machines at school. Having begged a lot I was allowed to use one you had to wind with your hand  :Ctwitcy: Sewing isn't my thing! :Cnah:

:spudT:

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 12:52:14 PM »
thanks spud...
yes i can use red webbing, so they would be 90% red...
but i would need to buy a roll in...
yes i can write spud, which is only painted neatly i may add on some leather.... but....
in order for it to be in the centre, you would need to stitch it on...
ive tried to explain this before to people,
everyone has a different size leg, or, everyone wears different
protection pads tucked down them, this means, everyone will pull
the strap tight in different locations to other people,
meaning all the centre's will be different..
i cannot guess where that would be, so i cant stitch that part for anyone but myself lol... its the only way to do it for them to look really neat...otherwise a logo or name cant really be used
it can be done by hand, as its through 1 thickness of webbing....
really, it doesnt matter what the stitching is like, as long as it is strong enough, ie, go around it at least twice...  you dont really see the stitching much anyway
if you take your time, while chillin watching tv etc its easy....
its only a case of, sticking it through and pulling snug...
and if someone cant do it, there has to be someone in the family that can...
doing it this way, guarantee's a dead centre logo and velcro down spot in the middle.... simplezzzzzzzzzz ;-)

LOOK HERE BELOW
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
it makes chip shapes