Author Topic: All groups look in plz RE: PLI insurance  (Read 5201 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
All groups look in plz RE: PLI insurance
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:33:01 PM »
I've been speaking to my contact at Sports Cover Direct for the EA’s regarding PLI for groups and preferential rates. They have said to me if we can get a few groups interested then something can be put into place. However he did say rates depend on various variables ie: the numbers in the group, what health and safety / risk management they have in place etc etc

As many of the groups on the forum are now at the stage where they are performing and hoping to get paid work, I think this could be useful for all clubs to consider.

Please can any clubs that are considering PLI let me know how many people are in their club and whether they would be interested in getting cover as a group.

CLUBS INTERESTED
EA Bockers
Welsh Bockers
Invicta Bockers
Yellow Belly bockers
Sky High
London Bound Bockers
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:19:23 PM by webmaster »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: All groups look in plz RE: PLI insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 03:13:34 PM »
Our renewal is in June and we currently have cover for 20 in the group.
I would be looking at increasing this to 25 or 30 people depending on the difference in price.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 03:16:58 PM »
can you tell me what you paid last year, and what it covered you for plz

also have you ever needed to claim on it?

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 05:04:14 PM »
Mine expires quite soon... but it was paid for me by the event organiser last time.
And in fact, I'd never done any kind of show until that one where I was even asked
for insurance details. I was always covered under the event's policy. So I doubt I'll
renew it unless it's an incredible deal. It is sports cover direct that I'm with now.

I realise it's good to have your own. But I don't have money to burn at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:54:38 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 06:27:40 PM »
well im up for it

it is allways good to be covered.

at the mo about 10ish and will update when i get any more figures in :Straddle5:

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 07:51:51 PM »
Currently covered by Council Insurance policy when on site or working with them. There would still be issues with off site stuff such as carnivals etc so interested in the price. Not sure on numbers probabvly 15ish

Gone thru the riska assesment stuff so could help there.

Also suggest that people have a first aid qualified person on site as a min requirement

Might be worthwhile to ask the insurers what additional actions would impact on the cost and decide wether they are possible
Grow old disgracefully

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 08:01:52 PM »
Yeah, they have asked me to put together an email to them, with how many clubs are likely to take part, they basically said the more health & safety procedures that are in place will reduce the cost. But he was going to get back to me about what would need to be in place by the clubs after I emailed him which Im hoping to do tomorrow

If you can send me any procedure you follow via email it would be great Clive.

I'll update the first post with clubs interested.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 11:00:48 PM »
hope im not late for this but i know we would be interested, ill get back to ya with numbers asap

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 11:52:28 PM »
Im going to get the email out to them tomorrow so if any other groups are interested just let me know

cheers :)

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 12:02:00 AM »
well the springers probably jsut about have enough to make it worthwhile as a group, but at the moment there's no health/safety stuff, and there's only a couple fo us that are considering performances etc, so probably best if we jsut do it seperately for now (unless it's an amazing offer and i can get everyone to agree that is)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 12:23:12 AM »
DG I think Toddy is thinking of trying to cover all london Clive and I are members of the Invictors so it might be worth joining up

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 12:36:07 AM »
DG I think Toddy is thinking of trying to cover all london Clive and I are members of the Invictors so it might be worth joining up
thats a point, i'm also sortof an invicta, or at least my details are down incase i hurt myself in a gym, so hmm, could work

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 08:34:10 AM »
we'll have a chat next time i catch you online

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »
Im interested in PLI for London Bound Bockers! Muncher has been looking into some for us but if you can get a better deal then we will go with you! jelly x

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 03:23:56 PM »
Quick up date on this, they said they would honour the 10% discount offered to personal customers, better than nothing hey?

See the following thread for info (1st post quote from sportcoverdirect towards end of it) http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1787.msg24211#msg24211

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »
awesome, our renewal is the end of this month :)

thanks for this naz!

Offline Wally247

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »
Toddy if your still looking into thsi for the IBz, i have a nominated firstader qualification, if that makes a diffference?

Just a thought i have no idea how relevent it is lol
:
                                                          click for details

bocking puts the spring back in you step...

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 06:05:15 PM »
oh and toddy darling, if you are could you also extend the IBZ insurance over to the springers/hanworth lot, if everyone wants to that is, would be a lot simpler than sorting out a seperate load...that and i'm busy/lazy/etc currently

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 06:27:48 PM »
many thanks Ms N'.  Im covered at mo ( renew due October as I recall). But Ive put a note on the JJ forum.

Dg, dont think ya avatar helps ya premium rates  :Cswoon:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 06:33:52 PM »
oh and toddy darling, if you are could you also extend the IBZ insurance over to the springers/hanworth lot, if everyone wants to that is, would be a lot simpler than sorting out a seperate load...that and i'm busy/lazy/etc currently
I don't know how toddy would feel about that but it's actually quite a big ask of you. Remember the person who organizing it will have to collect money ect for them. I wouldn't put myself under that pressure. Secondly you would need to have pretty good communication, thirdly if any of the springers have to make a claim it will mess it up for the IBs when they renew.

I know toddy is a good guy and would probably help you out but I don't want him to feel pressured. It is a big ask.

:spudT:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 06:38:02 PM »
I don't know how toddy would feel about that but it's actually quite a big ask of you. Remember the person who organizing it will have to collect money ect for them. I wouldn't put myself under that pressure. Secondly you would need to have pretty good communication, thirdly if any of the springers have to make a claim it will mess it up for the IBs when they renew.

I know toddy is a good guy and would probably help you out but I don't want him to feel pressured. It is a big ask.

:spudT:

i know, it was just a thought, could sort it all out myself if people want it done as a group, just can't until things have settled down again, so yeah, just a thought for a maybe