Author Topic: New Adult Pro-Jump Manual  (Read 6299 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
New Adult Pro-Jump Manual
« on: April 09, 2009, 01:08:56 PM »
Hi all

Im hoping to design a new manual this week, which will incoporate both the calf cuff and standard Pro-Jump models within it, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions to make it any better than it currently is and also if any of you guys / girls want to be in it then get your pictures to me and I'll see if I can use them within the manual.

You can download a copy of the current one from my sig.

Thanks
Naz

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: New Adult Pro-Jump Manual
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »
any help you need hit me up, ill have a look for some images too

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 01:49:49 PM »
More General Terms in 'General Terms', for example you could add:
PowerBocking..
Bock..
Bocker..
CB..

Don't over do it :P I doubt you'll want it but want me to get a picture of me doing a jump (around a metre)? :Claugh:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 01:51:02 PM »
maybe include a section of advanced adjustments? like support rods etc, or links to the threads on things like spring changes etc?

oh and of course any pictures of me you want feel free (if you can find any XD)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 02:07:47 PM »
If you have any pics you would like me to consider then please email them to admin@projump.co.uk they need to be of a good resolution thou.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 02:20:23 PM »
I know this is more of a forum thing, but could you include a list of the local groups and mention more are forming all the time? This could help prevent people buying stilts and then keeping them in the closet.

Offline XS

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 02:40:43 PM »
I have the same suggestion i had when the first one was published, the links that are in the manual, instead of having people type in the URLs of a specific post or video, make a page like projumpforum.co.uk/manual/blah.html  that just redirects to the actual forum post/video/etc that you want people to see, that's much easier than typing in something like http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3309.msg47126  and you could have pjf.co.uk/manual be an index of all the links to all the useful info.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 03:40:22 PM »
Yeah I could probably do a page on the local community, yeah I'll try to make all the links more user friendly

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 04:51:46 PM »
can talk about armour and jasons hoofies to protect the springs and prevent ware on the hooves rather than just gaffa tape (hint hint) ill let u use my images the spring armour.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »
Its just a manual. If you give all the info there then nobody will look at the forum! Just point them in this direction :)

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 05:02:53 PM »
no need to explain them in detial. i ment to say just mention them and link to the forum for detials and tutorials.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 05:04:45 PM »
can talk about armour and jasons hoofies to protect the springs and prevent ware on the hooves rather than just gaffa tape (hint hint) ill let u use my images the spring armour.

As spud said really however there is something you could do if you want to show off your spring covers :P

I'm re writing tutorials so if you want to do a tutorial on covering the spring with pictures & a step by step you're more than welcome!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 09:27:55 PM »
Wanted request :D

Looking for some pics of people getting of the floor unaided on Pro-Jumps for the manual, any1 have some that I could use please? they need to be of a good resolution and without a watermark?

Thanks

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 09:36:48 PM »
Think I will have one somewhere Naz, I'll take a quick look :)

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 09:47:19 PM »
i got about 40 of carma trying on my comp

just got to find what folder they are in

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 10:08:40 PM »
The race is on!

I've got one of becky at CB but I doubt she'll want it posted :Claugh:
Other than that, in over 50Gb of bocking photos, I have none of people getting up :(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 10:20:48 PM by sprog »

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 10:23:49 PM »
only 50gb

well i dont have that much, but then what does it say sprog,

that you are normally the sad bocker with his camra insted of his bocks?

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 10:31:58 PM »
You saying it's sad to take photos Toddy?
At least 10Gb of it is from Becky and Bobman's cameras at CB09, about 5Gb is from Bobman at other times, and my camera is 12mp so kicks out 10mb files easily. 100 pictures = 1Gb.

I just happen to be the only one with a hard wearing camera that fits in my pocket, boots up fast and takes good quality pictures very quickly, so I can take a few quick snaps and put it away again. I think I did a lot more bocking at capital bocking than you did, and I filled my 2Gb memory card twice over the 3 days everyone was there.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 10:37:27 PM »
and some one cant see it when i am pulling there legs

and from cb08 i had about 500 pic's or so, but cos i never see the need for anything bigger than 6mp my dslr can fit lot more on a sd card.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 08:23:03 AM »
ill have a word with k-rock in a bit naz, see if we cant get out and get some to ya

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 10:02:55 AM »
Thanks that would be ace!

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 11:07:12 AM »
Toddy got owned!
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 12:09:12 PM »
Yeah, we'll get some pictures of my patented style of getting up  ;)

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
It is impressive! =)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 03:41:04 PM »
ill let u use my images the spring armour.

Ive taken you up on this and nicked an image