Author Topic: Squeaky  (Read 4257 times)

Offline Spanks

Squeaky
« on: August 23, 2006, 09:26:55 PM »
Hello
Can anyone tell me, do your Pro-Jumps Squeak when you move - mine make a racket! Should I put WD40 on them??? HELP

Offline l7ttledevil

• Would u like to stroke my tash?
Re: Squeaky
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 10:17:27 PM »
Yeah i had the same problem with mine and gave them a liberal squirting of GT85 and they seem a bit better now.

I didn't know where the squeak was coming from so i sprayed all moving parts in the leg bit eg not the buckles of the bindings etc.

Ben

Offline Pepperkayn

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 12:11:58 PM »
The squeeks mainly come from the braces that hold the knee bar. If you covered that with WD40 that'll stop them from squeeking.
The othe places that may squeek is eith the connection point at the top of the spring or the pivot where the spring leaves the foot. But try the braces first.

Where abouts are you based? It's nice to get an idea of where people are from and how far the pro-jump/powerizer/pro-skip phenomenon is spreading!

Pepperkayn

Offline Spanks

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 01:47:06 PM »
Hi

I am from Oxford!! - thanks for the replies - I will give them a spray, after I glue the nuts on - to stop them becoming loose.

M

Offline MikeytheC

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 03:53:36 PM »
Mine are still squeaky - I got them on monday and learned to walk in 10 mins or so, then tried running all too quickly up a small slope - promptly tripped and face-planted! Very glad I bought those wrist-guards and knee pads...

Was a bit worried about WD40ing them, but will now

Going to play again tomorrow hopefully and learn to run properly as I have time this w/e

I'm based in Clapham (South London) fyi, but often found on the south cost between Brighton and Worthing - everyone I know thinks these are a cool but expensivefor a toy. :o

Offline Spanks

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 10:13:47 PM »
 :) :) :) - WD40 as you said, popped out on them this evening - no noise, except the beating of my heart - a few laughs from neighbours as I sorta walked/bounced out of my cul-de-sac!!
M :-*

Offline l7ttledevil

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 08:47:35 PM »
Got rid of my squeaking but now seem to have inherited a weird sort of clicking noise, my risers have taken a few falls now (3 in the space of bout 10 minutes :( )

Anyone help me out?

Ben

Offline Pepperkayn

Squeaky - NO MORE!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 10:51:02 AM »
The clicking could either be the footplate (where it connects to the metal bar underneath) or its the feet themselves as they come into contact with the ground.
If it is the footplate, turn them over and tighten all screws and nuts then cover with WD40. If this fails try undoing all moving components/joints and lubricate using copper grease. This stuff is great - you should never need to WD40/oil the stilts ever again!!!
If it is the feet - tighten the fittings, and that's all you can do.

If neither of the above works - you've got an problem. There will probably be a manufacturing or assembly fault - Stop using them and GET A NEW PAIR OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Hope this helps.

Pepperkayn
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 10:56:20 AM by Pepperkayn »

Offline l7ttledevil

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 01:54:59 PM »
Ok thanks will have to try that next time i'm out, which not sure when that'll be cos my confidence is down atm due to 3 falls in about 10 mins one session :( so not exactly fired up to get back on them like i was before the fall.

Hopefully i get my confidence back soon.

Ben

Offline shadowfax

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 03:35:34 PM »
They say 'get straight back into the saddle' put them back on, you wont get your confidence back until you put them on again, keep on tryin'!  ;)

Offline l7ttledevil

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 08:05:13 PM »
Yeah i did that today and all went well :) no bails or pain :D

Thanks for the support :D

Ben