Author Topic: Best Spring Protection?  (Read 3570 times)

Offline RicochetBNB

Best Spring Protection?
« on: May 19, 2009, 10:09:11 AM »
I'm hearing the tape gets ripped up, which sucks because I wanted to do different colour fluorescent gaffers tape on them.  So is it true that that is not the best way to go??   So like if you do the tire does that hold up really well?  Can you paint the tire?  If so which would be the best kind of paint? 

I'm new to this... don't even have my first stilts yet  :Cno:, but I hope to buy soon and I want to be ready  :Cyes:

Is it hard to do the tire on the spring and the tire socks?  What else do I need to protect?

Looking at getting Air-Trekker Extremes (they have the cuffs) (or maybe now the Poweriser Advanced)- Im in the USA btw.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 12:25:57 PM by RicochetBNB »

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
Re: Best Spring Protection?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 06:21:26 PM »
Tyres hold up really well, and kiwi painted hers.

I also have tyre socks on my stilts, and they're fine to put on at the same time as tyre armour on the springs. They dont interfere with eachother at all if that's what you were wondering.

I personally really like tire armour, as it looks cool :P and is incredibly hard wearing.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:23:54 PM »
yer KAZ is right tyre spring convers are the best and tyre socks help ur hoofs last longer

i have tyres everywere on my stilts there bloody heavy spelcially with metalic paint XD

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »
dont take um out of the box

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 05:01:41 AM »
Tyres hold up really well, and kiwi painted hers.

I also have tyre socks on my stilts, and they're fine to put on at the same time as tyre armour on the springs. They dont interfere with eachother at all if that's what you were wondering.

I personally really like tire armour, as it looks cool :P and is incredibly hard wearing.

Thanks I guess I will do tire armour then and maybe paint it?  I meant more were they hard to get on the stilts?  Like hard to cute the tires and all that stuff?  Right now I am looking at getting the Poweriser Advanced 90120 because there is a dealer like an hour away from me.  And yeah even though I'm currently about 152.5 lbs. and trying to lose weight I'll probably get the 90120's lol  :Cchatterbox:.

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 06:17:57 PM »
lol, the tires aren't that hard to cut, as you can use any sort of tin snips or something, they work well....

make sure to have some wire cutters to take out the metal wire around the edge of the tire though.

Offline brett haley

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 10:56:36 PM »
pair of scissors will do it if there sharp !!! :)