Author Topic: Does this part serve a purpose?  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Dudeman5000

Does this part serve a purpose?
« on: September 05, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »

It falls out sometimes but I just shove it back in.

What is it?

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
Re: Does this part serve a purpose?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 08:20:12 PM »
It is the filler(i forgot the name), but it prevents the spring getting worn down from the round plastic thing.

Offline raverkyle

• all my pants fit over my bocks whooo hooo
    • the leeds bockers(friends website)
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 08:26:27 PM »
mine did that ,,it is a spacer(plate connect shaft plastic pad)to stop the spring rubbing the plate connect shaft.
 if it came out in the same place mine did what what you do is put a little tape round it take off the plate connect shaft and shove it back in then put a little more tape over where it goes back in  then back together (they is a diagram in the pro-jump manual)

kyle
ill eat when im hungry,,ill drink when im thirsty and ill sleep when im darn well dead,, got 4 ur life and bock ur sox off

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 08:59:28 PM »
Haha! I hate those spacers. Can't keep the damn things in my bocks..I taped, glued, ect and they still fell out...Broke that set of springs now anyway lol..but..although I am sure they do stop the plastic wearing into the spring (I have a few worn ones) the first thing you will notice is that they will wobble about a bit. They keep the spring nice and still :)

:spudT:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 10:07:42 AM »
you know on my last set of stilts i noticed that the spring actually wore away the plastic tube that goes on the bolt, not the tube wearing away the spring, but as spud says, stilts without spacers are wobbly and horrid

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 03:08:57 PM »
I believe the plastic also acts as a shock absorber as this is a region where a lot of force is applied. We certainly noticed springs where the spacer had fallen out tend to snap quite quickly.

Get them stuck in, any way you can!

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 03:32:23 PM »
It falls out sometimes but I just shove it back in.

Honk
Account Closed