Author Topic: hi, i have a fiew questions  (Read 4894 times)

Offline Jason151

hi, i have a fiew questions
« on: September 28, 2009, 12:55:18 PM »
hi, i have decided to get a pair of these as im starting to excersize since i have been putting on weaight latley and having just hoped on the scales was a bit dismayed to see i weaigh aprox 16 3/4 stone - 107KG  :( annyway i wanted to get a pair of these because ive had a bike before, something strange happend to it,... annyways hopefully with these i can shift a stone or 2. but i would also like to use them from getting to and from work. work is aprox 1 and a half hours walk id say. downhill on the way there uphill on the way back. so im wondering if these will be allright for that. and also how these do in wet conditions this bieng lancashire and all? i have read the stickys up top and see i should probbly get a 110 or 120.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:02:08 PM by Jason151 »

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
Re: hi, i have a fiew questions
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 01:08:03 PM »
Well some people do travel with these, but it is rather tiring.
Unless you are experienced I would not Bock in the wet as you are likely to slip.

As for weightloss, when I started Bocking I was 165cm and 65kg(a bit overweight), now I am 176cm and 57kg.
Don't worry I am not anorexic, I am just turning 14, but I attribute that weight loss to bocking.

Offline Jason151

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 01:25:21 PM »
looks like they dont sell 120's which is a pain ill have to get the 110's i guess ^^

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 01:52:12 PM »
Hi Jason,

The other Jason who is a mod here will be able to advise better but I think you can order 110's and ask them to be the stiffest 110's they have in stock.

To explain, stilts are tested at the manufacturer and given a weight which is written on the bottom of the stilt. So for example a 110 is going to be slightly softer than a 116 and the difference might be all you need. They'd still be called 110's but the springs would be whatever PJ can find that is closer to 120's.

Offline CJ

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 01:54:13 PM »
your best bet would probably give em a call my mate got 117s and they are still officially 110s

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 08:42:24 PM »
On the topic of using these for travel, the simple answer is this: Don't.

They're heavy, tiring to run in, not good for running round corners, not good in the wet, take a while to get on and off, are difficult to store and carry when not in use, and they also make you sweat a lot XD

So in short, if you want these to have fun on, do some tricks, and generally do what we tend to do with them, then great, go for it, and you will lose weight using these.
If you want them mainly to travel using, and think 'hey, i could lose some weight as well', then i would advise a bicycle....

-Kaz

PS. Don't be put off, these are great fun, and worth getting if only for the fun factor of them, even if they are impractical during every day life.

Offline Jason151

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 12:33:41 AM »
unfortunatly my last bike first got taken out of my work place and got locked up outside by someone. then a wheel went missing, then the whole thing vanished -_-

Offline Jason151

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 11:56:31 AM »
well i just orderd a pair so i should soon be able to try em out ^^

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 08:34:02 PM »
Hi Jason

Sounds like your gonna be a Bocker soon  :Claugh:

Get hooked up with a local group you will get on so much faster if you can go to meets

I weight about 17 st and have been using 114's so you should be ok with 110 or higher

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline CJ

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 10:17:38 PM »
get bocking, have some fun

yhh i fully agree meet other bockers its the best way to learn

Offline Jason151

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 08:30:52 AM »
ok cool they should arrive today hopefully in a fiew hours and i have tonight off work so i can stay up a bit later in to the afternoon and try em out. alltho its wet outside ^^. still it dosent matter since i have health insurance XD

and annyone know of anny outhers dooing this neer wigan ^^

Offline Jason151

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »
I AM SO ANNOYED!!!!

damnd pro jumps gave DPD the wrong shipping adresse and they tried to deliver it to 120 moor road it was lucky i checked the tracer and saw the atempted dilivery and phones up and set them right about it. however nowq i wont be able to get them till later on this afternoon :( :Ccry: sigh oh well

Offline CJ

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 01:22:34 PM »
so have you got them yet??  been on them yet?? i bet you love them and are out on them now lol

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 02:33:46 PM »
all i can say is that they are worth the wait.

Offline Jason151

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 03:10:10 PM »
THERE HEEEREEEE just arrived. ive read the instructions ^^! took off all the wrapping BUT
(there is allways a but :( )
there appears to be some dammage to one of the springs
i have attatched 3 pictures, they are bad pic i know but its a low quality camera however if you look you will see a lighter area and its  not a grove its just like a bit of the spiring has been shaved and there are fibers arround it and sticking out a little.

annyway just wondering if this is still safe. its nothing huge i might not have noticed it apart from the 2 springs seam to be different colours. the outher spring is black while this one is a brownish colour. annyway just checking ^^!
and of course i wont use them till i make sure and send them back if i have 2  :Cwink: be back later  :Cbiggrin:

well i ust used them i couldent post because of some strange internal error annyways getting on them was hard -_- dident have anny big chairs lol so i was pulling my self up the door frame but i managed it. it was quite simple after that i allreaddy put alot of weaight on my heels so i just did what i normaly do. the only thing is the springs are realy stiff they dont go down well allmost not at all. they have losend up a tiny bit in my walking arround but they only bend a fraction even when hopping. i did read somewhere u have to "break them in" just wondering if this is normal?

oh yeah the stilts are 117's and the scales right now say i weaigh 17 stone so unless there hugely wrong -_- it should be right
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 03:46:19 PM by Jason151 »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 10:41:46 PM »
Takes a while to get used to them mate  :Claugh:

When you first get on them they will seem very stiff and they do break in fairly fast but the main thing is you need to develoup the right technique (It comes naturally quite quick)

The pic of the spring is too blured to be any use so try and get a clearer one up but from what I can see it looks OK but like I say it is blured

As for the different colour don't worry I have springs every colour from light green to jet black  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: