Author Topic: Powerisers  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Spring Heeled Jack

Powerisers
« on: October 11, 2009, 01:51:06 AM »
I'm a beginner and I didn't want to invest in anything pretty advanced or anything so I recently ordered a pair of poweriser classics for $200 and now there's going to be a delay on the delivery. So I got to thinking.

Is there any better deal out there than this?

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
Re: Powerisers
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 02:13:34 AM »
hi
well there is one key piece of info you havnt told us
where abouts in the world you are from? as most of us are from the uk on here but we still can advise you on the best deals

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 02:19:44 AM »
Oh, sorry.

I live in the US.

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 09:08:06 AM »
I have noticed there are many more people in the US on pp(they also know more about Powerisers and stuff), so you might get more help and find more meets in your area there.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 11:09:40 AM »
Yep, bio is right. There was actually a thread on PP about this recently. Google poweriser forum. You will find it if you want to but here is what has been said:

Hello all,  Hope everyone is doing well ! As you all may know, Dane ; X-hub is having some internal problems. This should only last a week, 2 weeks max. When issues are resolved, will be the better for all in the US. I order my stilts from Dane, and always order extra. I have many in stock for people who cant wait. As for the parts, iam in the same boat as all dealers. If I can help in any way, please let me know. I have all in models in stock, getting short on the kids models.  Thanks! Mike
www.Poweriser.com
FYI: Here's the models I have in my immediate inventory that can be picked up immediately or shipped:
Poweriser Advanced 7090,
Poweriser Classic 5070
Poweriser kids 3050 -blue 

Place your order in the DC Power Stilts Web Shop

In light of this problem, DC Power Stilts' Facebook fans can get free shipping on this weeks' orders.
I might get b***h slapped for the links lol :D

:spudT:

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »
Well, I found out what I was looking for. Thanks guys. Just a sidenote. I found http://poweriser.com/ and http://www.powerisers.com/ . Two completely different websites with different prices. What's up with that?

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 03:52:49 PM »
All PoweriSers in the US come through xphub.com, who own a massive warehouse with them all in. All other sites are distributors, who people can order through, and then the distributors put in the order to the xphub warehouse, who ship them out.

Poweriser.com is owned by a distributor, and powerisers.com is owned by xphub, which explains the price discrepancies. I expect xphub charge distributors a fee, and then the distributors have their own margin on top of that to make profit. So say $100 default import price --> $230 for the dealer --> $360 for the consumer. That way, both xphub and the dealer are making $130 each on every pair sold. This is all random numbers though, I have no idea on the prices to import into the US or what xphub charge their distributors.

Why xphub are selling at $370 i'm not sure, probably to set their prices roughly the same as their distributors (and in the process gain one hell of a profit). After all, if they sold at $250, people would probably avoid them thinking they're fake or not riSers.

Or at least that's my understanding of how it works, as recently XPhub have had problems and so all distributors have been unable to put in orders or have them shipped out.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 02:39:37 AM »
Okay, that makes sense. Hm, I wonder how much they make every year from bocks.

Argh, this delay is killing me. I want to start bocking already!