Author Topic: do powerisers work on grass  (Read 2414 times)

Offline hugo butlin 1

do powerisers work on grass
« on: December 22, 2009, 04:32:25 AM »
just wordering if powerisers work on grass

Offline Chrishead

Re: do powerisers work on grass
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 10:44:14 AM »
Yes they do but only when the grass is dry or if you have a hoof mod that gives you some grip.
For Sale: Paracute, Used once, Never opened, Small stain.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 11:05:20 AM »
They "work" on any surface. But, any surface is not a good idea. Tarmac/concrete is the best. Grass can be slippy so go easy and if that's where you want to use them get some MK3 hoofies. You won't even realise on normal hoofs it is damn slippy. Grass can absorb some bounce which is something to note. Best thing is to try surfaces and see. But just go easy ;)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 08:22:15 PM »
I learned to jump over things on grass but that was in the summer on hard baked ground

Winter grass takes the bounce out of the stilts and you have to work much harder which is a great way to learn to jump as when you get back onto more solid ground you will get more height

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 02:43:44 AM »
:D Stilts on wet grass is the best, especially in Bournemouth park, were you jump over the little railing and land on wet, muddy grass trying to keep your ballance whilst sliding all over, eventually landing on the ground (looking like an idiot), then tryoing to get up surrounded by nothing but wet grass and leaves and a 1 foot railing :D
I love wet grass :p
DC