Author Topic: Carbon Fiber VS Fiber Glass  (Read 2313 times)

Offline TCA

Carbon Fiber VS Fiber Glass
« on: January 26, 2010, 09:28:43 PM »
Hello all, obviously I’m a newbie to Bocking and in the last few weeks I have been like a sponge soaking up every bit of info I can.  However there are some things I can’t figure out on my own for instance Poweriser.com, what are their springs made out of carbon fiber or fiberglass?   Also from what I understand they (Poweriser) are not held under the same patent as say Air-Trekkers, why?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:41:13 PM by TCA »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Carbon Fiber VS Fiber Glass
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 10:41:24 PM »
They are fibreglass. Although. With FL bocks being the only carbon mix springs there is no point worrying about what they are made from. The resin seems to be more important. Each spring has it's own characteristics. Powerisers are under the same patent. Although they supposedly have some patent for kids stilts. Not sure how that works.

Offline XS

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 10:45:12 PM »
Poweriser.com, what are their springs made out of carbon fiber or fiberglass?  

Easy answer: Poweriser are fiberglass.

Complicated Answer: Air-Trekkers, Powerstrider, Pro-Jump, etc are a "Carbon fiber/ fiberglass mix", a competitor has claimed to have had them tested and found they were basically just black fiberglass.  I don't trust the guy who did the test who says they're not CF nor do I trust the manufacturer who says they are CF, but the general opinion of bockers who use them is that they are more responsive(read better) than Poweriser springs, so who cares what they're made of.

Also from what I understand they (Poweriser) are not held under the same patent as say Air-Trekkers, why?

Your understanding is incorrect, they are held under the same patent.

Offline TCA

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 10:55:29 PM »
Great!  Thanks for the info guys / gals!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:58:42 PM by TCA »