Author Topic: Big man wanna start. need some info  (Read 4585 times)

Offline dronkos

Big man wanna start. need some info
« on: February 27, 2010, 12:35:02 AM »
Hey everybody.

I have been looking into this for a long time now, and i have reached the point where i am convinced i want to start. But i have been googling for information.

I am from the Netherlands (already big people) and even for that i am a large person.

I am 197cm (6.5) and about 120kg (18 stone). Now i have seen there are ones that go upto 120kg.  But it seems i would be on the limit.

ALtho im sure ill loose some weight, but not that much to loose. (lots of training and hard worker :D)

So i am not sure what to do now, or if this is even something that is possible for my body's posture.

Here in the netherlands there isent much about it, no stores who sell them. But i have family living in the UK so could go thru them (or get them when i visit the UK wich is a couple times a year.

Would be great if any of you could help me on what to do. As it has been hard to find some information or video's of "large" people using them.

Thank you in advance.

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
Re: Big man wanna start. need some info
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
hi you need to chat with jason on this one his our bigest bock and knows all you need to know his allso the mod on this site

Offline dronkos

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 12:43:03 PM »
Thank you for the info.

I hop he does a reply soon then ;) cant wait to hear about it.

Already planning the hours/days for some running to get off some access hambugers  :Cbiggrin: :Cbiggrin:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 01:22:37 PM »
Hi Dronkos

Yep I'm 6ft 4in and my weight varies from 16 stone up to 18 stone depending on how greedy I've been

If your anything like me you want to get down to the 15-16 stone mark and these things are ideal if you can get enough time on them

I am a bit on the heavy side at the moment as due to christmas and the rain I have been very lazy for far to long

I tend to go for the high 110's as they come in anywhere up to 119 but normally around the 115 mark
I did start with the 120's and found that I had more control over the slightly lighter weight and as I loose weight (takes a few months) my skill level improves as the weight becomes closer to right

Last thing is they are so much fun that you want to use them  :Claugh: so they are so much better than the gym  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dronkos

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 08:08:07 PM »
Thank you verry much Jason. Atleast you made me a happy man knowing that i have a chance at it.

Had alot of things id love to do but being a big man sometimes stops ya from doing them.

So i have been thinking of wich ones to get. I think im still gonna go for the 120's. Recalculated my weithg an dim more of a 18.6 stone. And like i sayed i dont tihnk i can get below the 16 stone.

So is there a diffirence in the Pro-Jump and Pro-Jump+ in structural build? maybe oen stronger then the other?

Or as a fellow "larger" person, wich ones would you advice?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 08:21:04 PM »
Hi dronkos,

Projump don't actually sell 120's any more. I think they stopped them when they went from fibreglass (green) to carbon (black).

There is no difference in the projump + and standard frame. One has cuffs and nice bindings and the other doesn't. The rest is much of a muchness.

Hope that helped with some of your questions,

:spudT:

Offline dronkos

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 07:19:10 PM »
Hey everyone.

I am still trying to figure out what to do and wich ones to get.

As Spud stated i havent been able to find the 120's. And seeing the 110 (17.32 stone) and im on 124 (19.2 stone) (seemed to have calculated wrong) so that would be 14kg (1.9 stone) over the weight stated.

The thing i have been thinking about, it seems that they had the 120's with glass fiber springs, would it be a option to get the 110's and get a (spare parts) pare of 120 springs? or are they also not available anymore?

Hope eventually i can get to a poitns where im sertain of wich ones to choose, cant wait to get started with it  :Ctongue:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 08:20:39 PM »
Give them a call and ask if they have any of the higher weight in dronkos (basicly ask what the highest they have in )

Sometimes they have heavier weights so it's worth a try

Offline timtom

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 09:00:32 PM »
hello fellow big person :P

i'm not as tall as jason (i'm only 6 3!) but i'm fatter ! Doh

i've not been on my stilts in ages. i use 7s with S Rex Spring. no breaking so far but i'm much lazy and haven't been on them because of the rain/snow/christmas etc!! so when i get back on them i want to get thinner !

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 09:00:48 PM »
OK Sorry  but surreal comment now

but wooo,hold on, many more big men and 'we are going to run out of tiny men'   L. Crp. Jones   'come in your time is up'

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 09:01:46 PM »
OK timmy ...yah on ...we gonna 'WORKU'  hehe

Offline dronkos

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 12:09:41 PM »
Thank you everyone for the info

I have send an email to the website admin(store), he was gonna check if they had anything for me, they might still have a pair of 120 spair springs. Wich is also a good idea because i will probly end up with a bit less weight(hopefully), and using the 110's that come with the stilts.

I will keep you all updated on how things are going, and hopefully i can soon be on the forum as Pro Bocker  :Claugh: :Claugh:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 08:06:42 PM »
Just a comment on 7's

A lot of people like them but I found that I could bottom the highest weight at will and they don't make that model spring anymore

Before anyone mentions the new xtreme springs they were even easier to flatten when I tried a new pair

My personal opinion is that if you are heavier than 16 stone and want to jump highish 7's arn't for you but that is just my experience

Offline dronkos

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 10:04:59 PM »
Hey Jason.

I am verry sorry but i am not sure what u mean by 7's. As im still new (never had any stilts).

I did forget to mention that i was never planning on doing flips and insane jumps and stuff like that. I like to go for a run, and been watching alot of video's and such and that is mostly what got me interested in them.

Even if weightwise it would be possible to do jumps and flips i probably wouldnt because im to much of a pu**y and ill probly break my neck trying  :Ctongue:

Thing im most worried about is that i get a pair of 110's and i bottem them out by just standing/walking/running on them.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 11:06:56 PM »
Hi dronkos

7's means 7 leagues which are another make of Bocks

A lot of people like them but as I said they tend to bottom easily (I bottomed the highest weight stopping from a run)

At your weight you shouldn't bottom they high weight Projumps like I say just ask them for the highest weight ones they do

People seem to think that they come in exact 10kg weight devisions but really they are all weight tested individually

You will find a number writen on the bottom end of the spring and that is the weight in KG

In the past I have had right up to 121kg but they don't go that high very often
Also the newer springs seem to be better made and so long as you can get close to your weight you should be OK

I am on 114's at the moment and that is very close to my weight as I need to loose a few stone

The other thing is if you use them regularly you will lose weight and even at 6ft 5in and covered in muscle the correct weight is lower than 16 stone

Offline dronkos

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 05:41:41 PM »
Ahhhhhh now i understand.

I also dident know that the springs can actually range. Figured they were 1 weight and 1 weight only.

Well i got a reply from the shop admind to tell him my precise weight, and then he was gonna see if they had something. 2 days ago now so he might have forgotten.

Might just give them a call this weekend.

Again illi keep you all updated on how it goes.

Just hard to wait :Cconfused: when you really want to start  :Cbiggrin: :Cbiggrin:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 11:11:17 PM »
Yep they get busy at Projump  :Cbiggrin: and sometimes forget so give them another ring

Offline danbent

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 07:08:41 PM »
I am also very convinced i want some, BUT I just dont know when i would use them :/

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 08:31:21 PM »
Like Chinzano any time any place anywhere  :Claugh: