Author Topic: Spring and weight help  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Taffster

Spring and weight help
« on: April 17, 2010, 07:19:50 PM »
Hi All,

I bought some bocs in November off E-bay, they were advertised as M120 as i am around 106kg I thought these would be ideal but at a recent gym meet with the N.E.W.C powerebockers, Weebo (excuse spelling) stated to one of the other guys they dont look like 120's to him.

When walking on them I find they are really springy, however when I tried Snud's 100's they seemed to be quite stiff for me and i didnt feel confident in getting a bounce out of them.

Can someone tell me which feeling I should have?? Any advice welcome.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: Spring and weight help
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 09:12:20 PM »
a: is there a number on the bottom of the spring, if so that's the actual weight

b: if they're used they're probably a bit softer than a new set, so that could explain it a bit

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 09:36:50 PM »
Agreed they should have a number on the lower end of the spring it could be anywhere from 118ish up to 123 is the highest I have seen

But some of the other stilts have strange code numbers on the bottom and some have nothing

Do you know what brand you bought as there are a few dodgy sellers out there that sell illegal stilts (non patented in this country) and some of them can be a bit rough as far as build quality is concerned

Stick a picture of them up here and we will try to identify them if you are in doubt

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Taffster

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 09:46:32 PM »
Thanks guys. Thats what we thought the spring actually states 65.

Need to get rid of these and get some more. What weight should I advertise these as when selling? Dont want to sell them falsely as they were sold to me.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 09:55:18 PM »
Bl**dy hell mate they are well under your weight if that is the weight

You should be able to bottom them out just walking fast so if they don't feel that soft it might be a code number

What brand did they say they were and have they got anything written on them

If they are from the Pro-jump family of stilts they will be classed as M60 but I am the same weight as you and M60's would go to the floor almost with me walking

You can always change the springs as a set on here will set you back £75 and them sell your springs to someone light

Also how long have you had them as you might be able to get a refund as they are not as advertised

Offline Taffster

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 10:01:57 PM »
They are genuine of Pro-jump family.

I do get a far bit of bottoming out when walking fast and jumping. I bought them in November on e-bay but think I only been out on them a maximum of 10 times since. Have tried contacting seller but no responce, not sure what I can do about it.

Currently looking on Ebay for a new set. So will put these up for sale when I get some new ones.

Offline Bounce

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 10:20:43 PM »
Dont get them off ebay, i would get trusted ones off the site...

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 11:29:51 AM »
Bit late now but E-bay do have a complaints bit where they can do quite a lot about sellers misrepresenting their goods

Up to the point when they stop them selling and paypal have the same sort of thing but they can even grab the money back

There is no problem with a lot of E-bay sellers (Pro-jump sell via E-bay or used to) but you will find that if you get them from PJ you have a warrenty and they honour it

Is the seller still on E-bay if so go to the E-bay complaints bit and explain that they were miss-sold to you and although you realise it is late for a refund you feel that you were deliberately mislead and that you feel the seller should be reprimanded about it as they will not answer your e-mails or calls

At least that way you can get your own back a bit and you never know they may do something about a cheaper set of springs just to get E-bay off their backs

Offline Bounce

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 01:50:26 PM »
i would still get them off the website...

Offline stewjoe

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »
I got my Air-Trekkers off E-Bay here in Canada and the American Air-Trekkers importer honored the warranty. It wasnt the same seller but i think they worked in unison, i complained to the E-Bay seller and they forwarded it to the Air-Trekkers service guy and i got a new pair of cuffs within a week. All i had broken was the part where the cuff attaches to the upright suppory on 1 leg.