Author Topic: please help - complete newbie and cant even get started!  (Read 2899 times)

Offline danceraimee

please help - complete newbie and cant even get started!
« on: March 12, 2007, 09:56:29 PM »
hey guys :)

just got my pro jump stilts and havent even managed to get them on yet :(

the guide says to losen the allen keys to adjust the calf / knee wrap - well me and my mom have been sat loosening for the last 3 hours and nothing is budging ???  can anyone help??

thanks, aimee. x

Offline pro-jumpingboy

Re: please help - complete newbie and cant even get started!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 10:30:21 PM »
That's just the height of the kneebar. You should adjust it so it is just resting below your knee cap (patella or something). There are 4 hex bolts holding a plastic thing where the calf pad is. Loosen those (you might want a wrench/spanner or something on the other end for this to work), adjust to your preffered height, then tighten back up. Simple.
Hope this helps and hope it was what you meant, Luke

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 10:42:08 PM »
Thanks Luke - Im sure Aimee will be jumping very soon with your help 

If you are still having problems let us know

Good luck & hope you get jumping asap :)

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 12:04:20 AM »
hey welcome to the forum...i had the same problem until i realised i needed a spanner on the other side ;D
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline danceraimee

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 12:19:15 AM »
oh my god im such a ***!

spanner on other side makes much more sense - didnt think they were supposed to turn too whilst turning the four hex ones! dont think i have a spanner lol :(

think next door would mind if i woke them up?! why doesnt it say that in the book for simpletons like me :(

cheers guys - literally was about to burst into tears through frustration and now i look like a complete clueless girl haha! :P xx

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 12:27:18 AM »
Hi Aimee,

If you have some pliers they can also hold the bolts in place while ur undoing the alan keys.
Make sure the knee bar is resting just beneath your knee cap (actually put them on so u can feel it) and then also make sure its level as one side of the knee bar can move slightly higher than the other side. To do that, just take a look at the back of the projumps and just make sure that both of the knee bar ends are pretty level and not totally uneven.

I'll take some pics tomorrow if u like as its not easy to read, understand and then go do it lol.

Good luck and happy bouncing!