Author Topic: confused which one to get  (Read 4389 times)

Offline hahn089

confused which one to get
« on: May 13, 2010, 12:53:58 PM »
after reading on this forum for the past 1 week i decided to register.  :Csmile:

i weigh 55 kgs 5'6in  and i am new on this.

i am confused which model should i get M70 or M80 because on pro-jump website it says:

"For the best Pro-Jumping experience we recommend choosing a model 10kg higher than your actual weight. Remember this is a guide for 1st time buyers only"

so i weigh 55kgs and pro jump website says get 10 kgs higher than actual weight so that's 65 kgs for me.

which one should i get?

M70? or M80?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:56:34 PM by hahn089 »

Offline hahn089

Re: confused which one to get
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:17:49 PM »
anyone?

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 07:24:50 PM »
frankly so am i un i been doing this silly stuff 4 3 1/2 years.

but to try and help

1st wear r u?   we mayb able to direct you to peeps on your door step to help

2nd, un soz if im wrong ( and not being genderist , honest)  but am i correct in thinking u r a ladee?  its just . as ive seen it , 18 yo males go 4 it more madly  than the females..that affects choice

3rd  M70

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 07:27:20 PM »
im 43 kg and i got 60 kg but im now wandering wether to get 70s so i would go for the 80s
NXTee.yolasite.com check it out.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 08:59:02 PM »
im 43 kg and i got 60 kg but im now wandering wether to get 70s so i would go for the 80s
Personally, I think this is typical but bad advice. People usually go 2 ways. Get springs too stiff for them and have trouble learning or get the right springs and regret not getting a higher weight because they progressed quickly on the correct ones. If money is short go for the 80's but you might struggle at first and it will take you longer to get the hang of it, get a good technique and get a nice height. I think 70's would be the best bet and will let you progress nicely. But you may need to upgrade your springs later. 

:spudT:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 09:19:32 PM »
The 10kg/20kg rule has been about for some time and if you are in the middle of the weight ranges it works well

But if you are at the bottom of the range or the top it can be confusing a couple of examples

Some one who weighs 50kg ---- 10kg is 20% of their weight and 20kg is 40% of their weight

Some one who weighs 100kg ---10kg is 10% of their weight and 20kg is 20%  of their weight

So either the max a light person should go up is 10kg or the 100kg fit athlete needs a set at 140kg which we all know would be unbendable

I know several people who are light and use stilts 30kg above their weight and are very good on them

It really does depend on the person and fitness level and if you are unsure get along to a gym meet and try some

I jump about 5-10kg over my weight and can bottom my stilts but I can still do most tricks and have attempted a flip on the odd occasion (unsuccessfully  :Claugh:)
I find them comfy and easy to use

I know people want springs to last forever but that is no use if you can't jump with them

So at your weight I would ask people that are a similar weight what they use and how advanced and fit they are
Also be honest with yourself about your fitness if you can beat the bus to the next stop and still be able to stand and talk  :Claugh: you are fairly fit
If you can't talk after running up 4 flights of stairs flat out your not fit  (like me  :Cbiggrin:)

At your weight though I would recommend 70's as in theory they can vary right up to 79kg

But you may be a super fit freerunner and I could be wrong  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 09:35:02 PM »
Actually, Jason reminded me...I was actually exactly your weight when I got my first stilts and I got 70's. The exact spring weight was 78 so on the high side. I have used quite a lot of different springs since then. I wouldn't have wanted to learn on any springs higher than that. They were a bit on the high side so it took me a bit longer to get the hang of it but they are great now. I used 90's for a while too but even now I prefer my 70s. One of the springs is the original. The other is a 74 I think and they are pretty equal. These are still my preferred weight spring. Low 80's are fine. Get close to the high 80s or 90's and I can still get height on them but it gets harder to get it and it's less fun. Yeah...the potential height is more on 80s but if you get higher ones you might struggle, I would have and as I said. I prefer the 70's even now because it's easier to get the height and then worry about the tricks :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 09:43:12 PM »
There you go direct from the Spuds mouth  :Claugh:

Some one the same weight and experienced the perfect advice

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 12:18:08 AM »
Yeah I agree with spud.

I'd say M70's are the best to start you off and leave a bit of room for improvement :)
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline hahn089

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 12:31:07 PM »
Thanks for all the advice,,, now I know what to get.
 I will get m80, tbh. Because I play basketball 4x a week and I use to do downhill biking. So I think that's enough to get m80.

and I'm a man ,Bbmthbloke
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:48:09 PM by hahn089 »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 03:09:27 PM »
oops soz :Cchatterbox:

where abouts r u btw?    cos my club plays basketball on these quite abit in portsmouth

Offline hahn089

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 03:51:17 PM »

im from cumbria

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 04:39:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum hahn089  :Csmile:

the M80 are going to make it a little harder to get some hight at first but stick with it you will soon get the hang of it. :Cyes:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline hahn089

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 06:29:17 PM »
thanks snud

Offline hahn089

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 12:04:58 AM »
does anyone know how to measure the hands for this thing?

how big is medium? large?

Offline Bounce

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 03:55:54 PM »
oo were bouts in cumbria im from northumberland

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 09:53:51 PM »
M70 :O I just realised I should be using M60's yet I am using M100's :S how does that work :S
DC

Offline BestJumping

• Best Jumping Stilts
    • Best Jumping Stilts
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 11:00:09 AM »
M70 and M80 must be more suitable for you but just first try them whether which one be more comfortable and you feel well that with this i can do better and they can be soft,thanks.