Author Topic: Transporting stilts  (Read 2695 times)

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
Transporting stilts
« on: July 27, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »
Hey all..

What is be best way to transport stilts on a flight?

And do they get through luggage checks Okay,,,don't want the security dudes thinking I've got a lethal weapon on me  :Cfrown:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Transporting stilts
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 08:28:58 PM »
views vary....as ever....
  purpose made stilt bags..pro jumps has 1 for sale.....or borrow mine. Mines actually bigger and I think better. Has more room for cloths AND cheap booze.

Any padded sports bag.  Golf bag ( often has wheels wot helps) Hockey bag  as examples

Cheap option, get big suitcase. Take springs off and put frame in case, if lucky springs will go in too. If unlucky   just tape/tie springs to suitcase, you could wrap springs in bubble wrap or loads of newspaper if u want.

But realistically....wot could a baggage handler do to the stilts....that we ourselfs dont already do?  think about it.

Im not sure the stilts really need much protection.

But do be aware of airlines weight limits and also size/dimensions limits....or you will get an unexpected surcharge at airport.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:49:41 PM »
I'm planning to just buy new stilts and get them sent to the organizer :P if not I will take them apart and transport them like that :P
DC

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 09:15:33 PM »
erm Alex   , surely having new stilts sent to the organisers will still not 'solve' the transport 'problem', as you will still have to get these, by now, nearly new stilts home?  Or will you just give um away? :Cbiggrin:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:10:48 PM »
hmm... dunno :P was thinking just some cheap Pro-Jumps :)
DC

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 02:36:17 AM »
hmm... dunno  was thinking just some cheap Pro-Jumps
DC

More money than sence!  :Cyes:

Things like golf bags and hockey bags are classed as oversize / sports luggage and will need to be payed for extra. Cheep airlines will charge lots more and may not even allow them so check! If you strap them to the outside of your case you will never see them again!  :Cno:

Best answer..... Go by Train or car!

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 09:57:17 AM »
I don't have more money than sense I just can't keep money in my pocket for more than 2 days after pay day :( I just went off and ordered a new motorbike aswell... I should learn to keep money in my pocket :O

Ooo as part of this transporting stilts, how do I attach stilts to a Honda CBR 125 R? picture below

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 04:17:19 PM »
Treat them like they are panniers, you just need some padding to protect the paint work.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 09:40:05 PM »
when im going away to work i use the pro jump stilt bag, theres tons of room in there, we often take 3 spare springs, spare support bars, and tubes, and bolts and tools and stuff in there and ot does really well.

when off to a meet however i do it how every respectable bocker does, one in each hand, or on my feet :D

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”