Author Topic: Excess waste!!  (Read 4494 times)

Offline Kanga Man

Excess waste!!
« on: March 29, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »
I have worn completely through my first set of pads on my PJs and I'm shocked to find that I need to replace not only the pad but the entire metal foot on them. What a waste. Seems like a design flaw to me. Plus an unecessary extra expense. It is £15 from ProJump for a new pad and foot. Anyone know if the £15 is for a pair? I would think they come in pairs but I don't want to assume.

Seeing how quick I wore through the pads, it has really hit home how expensive this sport will actually be. I've only had mine since January and I already need to replace the springs and the pads. That is not far off the price of a new set of PJs.

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
Re: Excess waste!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 10:57:57 AM »
Sorry to disspoint you but they are 15 quid individually.
You should have put a tyre sock on them  :P
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 12:37:35 PM »
wow i've not heard of someone going through footpads that quick. Mine lasted me 6 months but I remember much of november and december it was too wet to go out for weeks and weeks.

Offline urbantricker

• Front Flip at Southsea
    • Urban Tricking
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:59:07 PM »
Yeh it is per foot. I thought exactly the same it seems like a bit of a waste.

I tore mine trying to jump up some stairs and it ripped!

Like Athoul said, tyre socks are a good idea. I had that for a while, but I have since got replacement feet.

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 04:11:28 PM »
ive had mine for a while know and you can still see the criss cross pattern.....why you ask?....because of that wonderful invention the tire sock ;D
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline Kanga Man

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 04:46:17 PM »
Per foot!! What a joke. I suppose it is the same for the springs then? £60 per spring. If that is the case then forget it. I say con and I won't bother with ProJumps in future. Replacing my springs and the pads will cost more then a new set of PJs.

I'm afraid I don't have complete mug tattooed on my forhead so I'll just save up until I can afford a pair of professional jumping stilts.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 05:23:50 PM »
Hi

The price of the Pro-Jumps were recently reduced from £175 plus £14.99 p&p to just £135 inc free p&p - This was a limited time offer but we extended it to a slightly longer period

The same product just with a different brand name will still cost you over £175 and I think no one has the parts cheaper - if you do find them cheaper let us know & we will match the price for you

At present the parts have not been reduced but we are looking at that as well.

Regards
Naz

Offline stevie

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 05:36:14 PM »
kanga, i can understand the hoof going on you if your realy going hard, but the spring, we use them daily and realy hard too, but i cant understand you needing a new spring so soon, do you go realy extreme on them, if not you may have bought a lower strength than you need, if you are going to buy new bocks i sugest you get a size higher, i may be wrong but anyway the sport is new and growing fast its a shame you have experienced this, i do agree that tyre socks will help keep the hoof in tip top condition so please look into that, as for springs if you need any advice please pm me and il see if i can help,    good luck mate.

Offline Kanga Man

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 06:51:50 PM »
Webmaster, I'll let you know what I find out about the prices. I'm getting my sister to inquire with the guy she got my stilts from. She imported them from China. I'm going to have to use tyre socks now because I can't afford £30 at the moment. I've just lost my job.

As for the spring. One was already broken when I got it. I just didn't notice until I had been on them for a while. One of the springs seemed springier then the other and has now started making a crunching noise. I suspect it is fractured and will probably split soon.

As for the size, well I am about 70 kgs and the stilts my sister got me are supposed to be for 70 kgs but I hit the max bend point on both of them. Really hard on the damaged one. I'm not going back on them until I can afford to fix them or replace them.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 07:48:25 PM »
Ok that clears a lot of things up....

First of all when you write posts on the forum you need to make it very clear where your stilts were brought from as up until now many users including myself thought you had brought them from Pro-Jump.co.uk especially with the comment below:

I won't bother with ProJumps in future. Replacing my springs and the pads will cost more then a new set of PJs. I'm afraid I don't have complete mug tattooed on my forhead so I'll just save up until I can afford a pair of professional jumping stilts.

If your sister imported them direct from China then she would have got them from a company that has no clearance from the Patent holder and is not regulated therefore the quality will be very inferior - Also they should be well aware of patent laws so they should not have sold them to her nor should they have been posted out to the UK.

There is only a few companies that are legally allowed to sell these stilts in the UK and Pro-Jump.co.uk are one of these few who pay royalties to the Patent holder for each stilt they sell.

You will not find Patent protected stilts cheaper any where in the UK.

Sorry to hear you lost your job hope you find another one soon.

Offline stevie

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 07:51:19 PM »
were are you based, if your near our neck of the woods it may be worth your time coming to our gym, il have a look and take it from there, plus you can have a training sesh with us, you should enjoy youself we have fun.

Offline pro-jumpingboy

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 08:18:20 PM »
I'm confused, where did u get them from kangaman?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 08:21:05 PM »
Kangas sister imported them direct from china - quote below for you PJB

I'm getting my sister to inquire with the guy she got my stilts from. She imported them from China. I'm going to have to use tyre socks now because I can't afford £30 at the moment. I've just lost my job.

As for the spring. One was already broken when I got it. I just didn't notice until I had been on them for a while. One of the springs seemed springier then the other and has now started making a crunching noise. I suspect it is fractured and will probably split soon.

As for the size, well I am about 70 kgs and the stilts my sister got me are supposed to be for 70 kgs but I hit the max bend point on both of them. Really hard on the damaged one. I'm not going back on them until I can afford to fix them or replace them.

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 09:08:44 PM »
the crunching noise may mean that there about to snap too! watch out man :o

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline Kanga Man

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 11:26:15 AM »
Stevie, I'm in Rochester, Kent. Where abouts are you based.

Right, I was speaking to my sister last night and I guess I'm lucky to have gotten the stilts at all. They guy she got them from in China sounds like a bit of a con man. My sister wasn't aware of the whole thing about needing to pay royalties to the patent holder. She was planning on buying a bunch of jumping stilts from this guy and selling them on Ebay. I'm glad she didn't. The guy advertised them as Powerisers. I can tell you the stilts I have are NOT Powerisers.

The guy in China claimed to be a liscenced distributor of them and claimed he had the right to sell them and that people he sold them to had the right to sell them on. And now for the real con. My sister bought mine as a sample pair for a wopping £275. The con man in China said that if she was happy with them then he would sell her another 20 stilts at £70 each to be sold on. However, he would not accept PayPal or any other kind of secure payment and wanted her to put the money straight into a bank account in China and then he would send her the stilts. Yeah.........sure he would.

I'm actually kind of glad my stilts were faulty because it prevented my sister from making a big mistake and being stuck with a bunch of low quality stilts that she would not be allowed to sell and couldn't sell anyway because of the low quality.

Now if I could just get a job so I can get the cash to get a professional pair.

Offline Kanga Man

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 11:35:22 AM »
Oh and by the way. I apologise for the stupid comment above about not using ProJump and about not having mug tattooed on my forehead. It was a very stupid comment. I can tell from reading it that I was angry when I wrote it because it must have dawned on me that it will be a long while until I can afford to get back on my stilts.

I have wanted a pair for ages but apart from Ebay I had not researched anything else about them prior to my sister buying me a pair. Who knows, one day I might actually look into things before I open my big mouth and make dumb comments like that.

"A closed mouth gathers no foot." - Me

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 12:31:18 PM »
Hey Kanga Man

It's OK - it's just there's a lot of confusion regarding brands as it is and at Pro-Jump we try to make our stilts as affordable as possible for our customers yet they are very good quality too.

Remember just because our stilts are just £135 now doesn't make them inferior - they are the same stilts that other brands sell for over £175 plus P&P!

If you see some of the vids on the forum you will see some members that have managed 35mph runs and 10ft jumps on our Pro-Jumps. Remember you won't be able to do this straight out the box but its with practise and technique - if you don't have that then even with velocity stilts which are the most expensive ones you can buy will not let you achieve such speeds / heights!

I'm glad your sister didn't take the plunge - if she is only looking to but a few then she would be better setting a dealer account with a legal importer than importing direct!

All the best & keep trying as you are doing really well

How's your job hunting going?

Offline Kanga Man

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »
Really slow. I'm trained in customer services and call centre work but I have been doing labouring since just before Christmas. I was really good at customer services and call centre work but I've worked for so many companies doing things that I don't believe in that I never lasted that long. If I could just get a job with a company whose product is something I believe is worth having then I'd be really good at my job.

My last job prior to labouring was in the debt collection department of a credit card company. It was the type of credit card they give to people who can't get credit anywhere else. Half the people would hang up and the other half would say anything just to get you off their back. And I don't use credit cards. I don't like them. They're dangerous. I have one just to have good credit but it's only for emergencies.

I just wish buying a new pair of stilts was an emergency. Don't suppose you guys have any jobs?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 08:42:58 PM by Kanga Man »