Author Topic: Which ones are best for children  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Darlywarl

Which ones are best for children
« on: October 06, 2010, 03:12:11 PM »
Hi - my son is 9 and wants these things for Christmas.  I have been doing some research and it seems that pro-jumpers have a bar but fly-jumpers have bindings.  I appreciate you guys love yours the best but could you please advise me as which are best for that age group and why.
Many thanks

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
Re: Which ones are best for children
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 03:27:00 PM »
Pro-Jumps definatly, I have had mine for over a year now, I have slowly upgraded them how I like them over time. They are definatly the best entry level stilts, and I am sure most will agree.
Also the service you get from Pro-jump is second to none, always helpful and arrive in 1 day!!!
And I have a feeling FlyJumpers are the same stilts anyway :S
DC

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 03:37:18 PM »
Fly jumpers have not been manufactured now for almost two years, please note any fly jumpers or poweriZers in the UK or Europe is very old stock for which parts are not always available for!

Offline Darlywarl

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 10:01:45 AM »
Hi Webmaster - that's interesting, what are Tesco doing then????  http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-4335.aspx
are they selling a job lot of old stock.  I would be interested on your comments re the bar/binder thing.  Problem is I am on a budget. Thanks

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 10:19:39 AM »
re  bar/bindings

The 'bar' is only on the adult stilts and the 'basic' model
Bindings are on ALL child versions ( pro-jump and flyjumper), its the double 1 that you see in the Tesco add. The 'elite' adult stilts from pro-jump also has a binding, a single thick velcro 1.

The Tesco stilts dont seem to be cheaper than pro jump and you will not get the 'support' spares sevice. The main thin that wears r the 'hooves'...just like shoes.

You say your son is 9yo. It would be helpfull if you could say how tall he is.   You say you are on a budget , whilst we refer to child and adult stilts, it the height not age as such that is the desider.  So its best to make sure you are getting the correct model.

I suspect the 'child' version is the best opion. But best to be certain.

Also where are you? You son will have a great deal more fun with company   and may possibly be able to try a pair out

Offline Darlywarl

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 10:39:54 AM »
Hiya thanks for info - my son is 4' 9" and we are in west kent (about 5 miles from Tunbridge Wells) he would love to try some out - I would never buy something like this from a supplier like tesco but saw the bindings and they looked kinda 'safer' to my inexperienced eye  :Cnotworthy:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 10:52:45 AM »
Well some would argue that the bar is safer   cos it acts like a 'bumper'. But with the right protection all are safe ( and you MUST buy the pads)

West Kent mmm.  There is a kent club 'Invicta bockers'  not sure how much they meet.   But Id say pm   'Toddy'   I do believe he has some spare stilts...tho only adult 1's as far as I know.

The Banned Bockers  have meets in South London , which you may be able to get to. They may well have a pair of junior stilts, a member did have a pair, but grew out of them and they may possibly have been sold on by now.  Contact 'Clive' or 'Jason' on these points.

4'9''  is junior height.  By 5'1'' or 2''   it might just be OK for the 'big bros'.

Offline Darlywarl

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 09:29:32 AM »
 :Cwink:  You guys are so helpful - thank you x

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 08:04:44 PM »
You are welcome to come to one of our meets but I think Tunbridge wells is closer to Invicta or essex

So if Toddy is about and they are having a meet soon he may be a shorter journey for you

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »
im always getting roped back in even tho i am retired.

i will have to have a look into sorting out a meet. jason will you be up for coming over then. and we can annoy bounce out side the bbc centre there.

*puts on the organiser hat again*

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 07:54:03 PM »
I will try and make it Toddy but lots of work at the moment all the cars are either due a service or almost due and I have one bike in bits  :Cbiggrin:

But it would be nice to get out bocking again as the last time was ages ago

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: