Author Topic: I'm disabled can i start bocking?  (Read 6506 times)

Offline Mazzi

I'm disabled can i start bocking?
« on: October 17, 2010, 03:17:35 PM »
I'm sort of cluless when it comes to this bocking thing, but it looks SO AWSOME.

I am just concerned i might not be able to bock properly because i am one of the few children that can walk with my disability and don't know if i can bock and don't wanting to be buying and giving up.  :Cfrown:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/talipes2.shtml

Offline billymaya

Re: I'm disabled can i start bocking?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 03:30:22 PM »
hi mazzi welcome to the forum im not sure at what level your disability is but if you can stand i wouldnt see it being a problem,the only thing i would imagine might be a problem would be the strapping down of your feet on the foot plate however you might be able to adapt this to make it easier for you :) they are great fun and certainly a good work out so go for it and give it a go,there might even be someone in your local area that runs a bocking club that you could go along and try some out before you buy some yourself plus it would be a great insite in to what goes on and maybe you can pick up some tips along the way whatever you decide i wish you lots of luck and happy bocking :)

Offline Mazzi

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 04:28:27 PM »
Thanks for the positivity, if i save up now i'll be bocking in no time!  :PJ101John:

Offline billymaya

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 04:46:32 PM »
well you dont know until you try matey do you :) im sure you will be up and bocking i know some people on here who have knee and leg injurys say they can walk easier in the stilts than they can walking noramly as the springs are doing most of the work make sure you put some vids and photos up if you do get a pair wont you :)

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 05:10:40 PM »
hi mazzi...welcome to this crazzzzy sport,where are you as im sure if your near somone who has bocks they would let you have ago ,try before you buy you will need to give them a good hour a cant see that you would have a problem but then iv not got your problem,so post on here your area and im sure some one will get back to you,im in feltham middlesex so if your near me im me and we can sort somethink out ,just to let you know i work with children who are disabled and have all sorts of straps blocks and other bits that i keep from the frames they get rid of in the school and my mate who lives up the road (jason) is very very good with ajustments to bocks so im sure we could sort somthink out BUT no promises..takecare clive
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 05:20:21 PM by clive »

Offline Mazzi

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 07:26:50 PM »
hi mazzi...welcome to this crazzzzy sport,where are you as im sure if your near somone who has bocks they would let you have ago ,try before you buy you will need to give them a good hour a cant see that you would have a problem but then iv not got your problem,so post on here your area and im sure some one will get back to you,im in feltham middlesex so if your near me im me and we can sort somethink out ,just to let you know i work with children who are disabled and have all sorts of straps blocks and other bits that i keep from the frames they get rid of in the school and my mate who lives up the road (jason) is very very good with ajustments to bocks so im sure we could sort somthink out BUT no promises..takecare clive

Sorry to say you live 450 miles away from me :/

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
but some1 lives near u, shout out where u r.....and if not online  we may know some1 to contact.....but mmm 450m.....r we talking scotland? Ireland?  That does get a lil more difficult , tho may not be impossible :Csmile:

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 11:43:06 AM »
hey if you are anywhere near Scotland i'm at uni in carlisle in cumbria which is about 9miles from the border at the moment and i have mah stilts with me. so if you are anywhere near me your welcome to have a go.

cheers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 04:02:44 PM »
hey if you are anywhere near Scotland i'm at uni in carlisle in cumbria which is about 9miles from the border at the moment
cheers.

OOO r there plans to move the boarder....or maybe just shift Carlisle? :Cwink:

Offline Mazzi

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 04:30:25 PM »
:/ Yeah guys, thanks for the offers and all, but i'm 12 and my mum won't want me to go to a random persons house. You know how mums are...  :Cwink:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 04:37:40 PM »
Mums are fairly intelligent when it comes to matters like this. If you want to get to a meet take your mum and dad with you, the age difference is varied of users so they won't feel left out :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 05:48:47 PM »
Cheers Naz

Was just going to add. We dont bounce about in our homes....scares the cats and chips the wallpaper :Claugh:

We are normally to be found in parks, town centres, sk8 parks and in my case on the sea front ( check out the vids and pix for examples).  I , and many others are now very used to 'being inspected' by parents, and even a care worker a couple of times in my case!

So if there is some1 near you ( hope there is) just arrange to meet them on a sat afternoon for 1/2 an hour and see if you have the bug.

And if you really 'go for it' yes you can loose weight with these things. Biohazard ( a regular round here) Im sure will not mind me mentioning that he got his 1st stilts at 13  by 14 he was about a stone lighter ( dispite growing)!  Tho how much that was down to the stilts, well not tooo sure.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »
When we get a request from anyone younger than 14/15 asking to come to a meet we normaly suggest that one or both of their parents come to at least the first meet and make it obvious that they are welcome to bring the parents to all meets

That way the kids can feel safe and we don't have to worry about them so can get on with bocking also the parents can fell safe about them

So if you can find a group in your area I'm sure thay will opperate along the same lines don't worry about feeling daft that your mum/dad is with you as most youngsters have joined the same way and all us oldies will have someone to talk to that actually understands us  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Mazzi

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 07:05:12 AM »
Thanks Guys! Your all so cool!

I may be getting some pro-jumps sooner than i thought!

I can get free equipment from my school and if i use the stars i have left i can get a pro-jump for free!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 03:27:28 PM »
woop 4 u. just dont forget the safty gear!

Also ,if the stars stretch that far, a new model of pj is due out any day now...tho i suspect it will be more expensive :o(

Offline RRparlbystumble

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 03:52:42 PM »
i wish university give stars... :(..although i am getting mah Mac soon thanks to my dyslexia.=WIN!

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 08:08:46 PM »
i am getting mah Mac soon thanks to my dyslexia.=WIN!

WHAT?! i don't understand, what an absolute load of tosh. i cannot physicly understand how that works....

...how can a mac be win?  :Cno:

Offline RRparlbystumble

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 10:11:52 PM »
to be honest i've never really used macs  used one at the uni the other day and found it infuriating cos it had no right mouse click
but it will be free so not too bothered :D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 06:29:41 PM »
Mac used to use a really nice processor (Risk or Arm I seem to remember) a little outdated but due to their software it worked quick

Recent Macs are just the same laptop as any windows one but in a pretty case (if you like their style) so you can run windows on it if you find you hate it  :Claugh:

Offline RRparlbystumble

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 10:28:56 PM »
is that thru the the thing called boot camp creating a sperate partition in the hard drive?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 07:15:42 PM »
Not sure about that as I avoid anything Apple like the plague  :Claugh:

Don't like being tied down to that sort of company (and the lack of cheap games is a bad point for me too)

But in theory you can just format the drive and install windows (but don't do it and balme me if it goes wrong  :Cbiggrin:)

Only problem might be proprietry drivers (thats why I don't like apple)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 08:04:53 PM »
Boot camp is the best way I imagine..

I've been using macs a little bit for about 3 years, borrowed one for a week about a month ago then went and bought an identical one. This is an old G5 imac (without the intel processor) and it works like a dream..especially for video editing. The very best PC from 3 years ago cannot do what the mac does..i love it.

I could go through the ins and outs but for reliability and performance a mac is the way forward. I still use a PC, and I always will, but, after a little time using a mac I have found it totally convenient, easy to use ect, just takes some time to get used to it. never thought I could use it as an everyday thing but here I am..

Offline Bounce

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 08:44:11 PM »
Windows 8 is going to be my idea!

Offline RRparlbystumble

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 01:14:42 AM »
shut up , it was mine first bounce!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 05:42:51 PM »
When the contract is up on my laptop , I could well see myself going over to an ipad or similar.

With camera kit a laptop in bag is a tad too heavy and the main 'work' I use a machine for is picture editing.  So see what the 'next generation' is like