Author Topic: Stilts for my Son  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Pieman99

Stilts for my Son
« on: October 21, 2010, 09:56:14 AM »
Hi,

You've probably all been asked this question many times - I have looked and read various replies honest!

My son wants a set of stilts for his birthday. He weighs just over 38kg is 4ft 10inches and will be 11. He's fairly active so has strength in his legs. looking at the charts etc for the size I'm not quite sure what to get. Looking at it from a weight size I'd say the F50 would be the one but with him growing rapidly and reading about the 5ft 'cut-off' do I get the M60 and let him grow in to it or will this be too powerful for him?

I think he'll get in to the sport as he likes jumping/messing around etc., I can see him progressing with it so should I get the bigger one to start or go small and then have to upgrade in a short time - Obviously would prefer not to have to spend twice too quickly. Is there a reasonable resale market for these things or a trade in option?

Any advice would be most welcome. :Cconfused:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Stilts for my Son
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 10:35:52 AM »
Personally due to his weight I'd say F50, because I do think the M60 spring will be too hard for him to compress and it may kill the fun for him. On eBay the used market is good you should be able to get at least half the retail price back.

Offline Pieman99

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 08:42:50 AM »
Thanks for the reply F50's it is!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 08:53:21 AM »
AND go for junior, and except an upgrade l8er.

Ive managed to get a kid who is a little taller than your son onto his Dads adult stilts, but they were sooo heavy he was dragging his legs about as if he was wearing old style lead weighted diving boots......but was having fab fun once on the junior model

btw   where r u?  there maybe others close by   an its much more fun in company