Author Topic: What to buy & stock  (Read 2184 times)

Offline ThePain

• Hi!
    • Dan's Computer Services
What to buy & stock
« on: October 27, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »
Hi all,
You've probably heard this a thousand times, but I'm totally new to this.

Basically Im looking at buying my first jumpstilts, and have little clue as to what to buy
I would really appreciate any assistance with selecting and purchasing the right ones.

Details:
I weigh 64kgs
I'm 15, 16 next august
I'm about 6ft tall
Never even tried a pair of these on, and don't know anyone who owns them (except for all you guys obviously)
I'd worked out from the projump site that I think I would need M70's?
I live in Chelmsley wood, Birmingham
Budget is around £200, (higher than this is ok, but I'd have to wait a loooonnnngggg time to save).

Also, Is there different models as well as different sizes? Which would you recommend?
And on the pro jump site most items appear out of stock or need pre-order, what is the rough waiting time until some are available to me?

Thanks in advance,  :Cnotworthy:
Dan
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:21:20 PM by ThePain »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: What to buy & stock
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 07:55:01 PM »
Cant give you definative answrs, but you r online and prob hoping for some sort of reply.

1st peeps near you, hope you noticed in the inro thread there is another noob just joined from the west mids. He has prob done alot of the ground work  re finding other peeps in your area ( so ask him and save yaself the bother  :Cbiggrin: )

Spring-size about right. but please note the 60, 70 , 80 etc ratings are an average only.  If you ask 'very nicely' , before shipping the nice pj people may have a look at the number printed on the bottom of the springs which gives a more specific rating.  Now your 64Kg  but may put on a few more grams in the next 6 months or so. So you might want to ask if they had any stilts marked 72 or 3 they could send you :Cbiggrin:.

As for when in stock. Pretty damn soon Id reccon. Been  quite a few similar enquiries of late ( christmas is comming and all that). So PJ will be getting desperated for a container or 3 to make landfall pdq.

Besides the standard model , as featured on website, there is a new stilt 'the EVO' about to arrive ( same boat I believe). These do have enhanced performance, but will be a tad more expencive ( dunno how much ).

But while waiting, try and meet some of the other mids guys

Offline ThePain

• Hi!
    • Dan's Computer Services
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 07:59:10 PM »
Thanks dude,
Will check out those 'EVO' stilts and track this guy down then  :Cradar:

As for stock, that sounds great, fingers crossed that their delivery arrives next week or something  :Cwink: )

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 10:07:01 PM »
Q's too good, I don't have anything to add - delivery looking like its still 1st week of Nov :)