Author Topic: Any meets coming up ?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Sam-pro-stilt-Bessey

Any meets coming up ?
« on: November 10, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »
Have you guys got any gym meets planned ? Iv spent the last 3 or 4 months in my local gymnastics churning out thousands of back flips on the trampolines, wouldn't mind having some help from you guys to achieve it on my stilts.

I feel I will be able to do it this time round, for anybody that may remember my last posts. Because back then I was only able to use a trampoline for around 30 seconds every 7 minutes or so, as opposed to now where I can have it for like two hours all to my self lol I have come along way in terms of bravery and technique, but it would still be nice to be around other bockers that are doing it.

Many thanks & Godspeed!
There comes a time and a day, where even the best can fall...

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Re: Any meets coming up ?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 12:04:16 AM »
Well done on your practising :) back flipping on a tramp and on the stilts is similar but in other ways very different (I know confusing ooooo ahhhhh) as when your on stilts you have an added weight to your legs (the stilt) so because of the weather conditions becoming very close to getting iced there may not be any chances soon (apart from indoor gym meets) that you can do flips on the actual stilt, so people sometimes put like ankle weights or some kind of weight matching the stilts on there feet while they are on the tramp this then help with training for the stilt itself (obviously when you on the stilt its still very different)

but obviously you wont get proper practise till either someone hires a gym or when the weather picks up.
have you got access to crash mats in your local gym?

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 01:11:45 PM »
I have been using ankle weights that are the equivalent to my stilts and I have no problems, but unfortunately my local gymnastics wont allow me to bring in my stilts, nor do I have access to any other local gym of any kind :(

But I would go to a gym meet anywhere else though, travelling isn't a problem :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:14:22 PM by Sam-pro-stilt-Bessey »

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 03:01:49 PM »
Sam us EA bockers do have some gym meets but there not regular its sorta whenever we get time off to go and there in stowmarket

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 03:11:12 PM »
Stowe wouldn't be a problem, let me know as soon as one has been arranged :D