Author Topic: Confused bout exo's  (Read 4078 times)

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
Confused bout exo's
« on: November 14, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »
I'm a bit confused

I am looking at the new exos trying to figure out what weight range to get and its telling me I am perfect wieght for CZ60s when i am currently on M70s and they are very easy to compress. Are the weight ranges different now or do I need different weight stilts.

Help me please

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Confused bout exo's
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »
I would stick with 70's.
My personal opinion is that the +10kg rule still applied to people who have had stilts before or spent considerable time on them before.

For newbies and people buying their first pair of stilts, they should stick to their actual weight category and not add the 10kg.

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 01:52:36 PM »
thanks for that I was confused bout wat to do

cheers

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »
Wait a min coz i jus looked at the exo page and it says there is no need to buy 10kg above the weight range.

Again i am confused

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »
yeah the exo page and PJ's advice is to NOT go 10kg above your weight.

MY PERSONAL VIEW is slightly different to this. I think if you have been bocking before several times or already owned a pair of stilts then you probably should still go 10kg above your weight. This really depends on your own experience and level of ability.
There is no right or wrong answer here. The majority of people who buy from PJ are buying their first pair of stilts, so I would agree the advice that PJ state is correct for first timers.

If you are unsure then you really need to try a pair of 60's and 70's and make your own decision.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 02:15:26 PM »
hey there, as above really, if you look at the description we state as follows: "The Pro-Jump Exo Powerbock come in various sizes, the following is a guideline for the CZ70 model and for first time users only."

the reason is its difficult to provide a guideline for existing users as it boils down to experience & ability.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 04:12:52 PM »
phew, I thought I might have just caused confusion with a different view on things but happy to say that's not the case.
Does this help you Hammy?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 04:53:56 PM »
For first time users the 10kg rule is perfect on the normal stilts and the actual weights are correct for the exos.

But as you said, and I think this is where Locky is coming from, you are now finding the normal 70's a little soft, which probably means you have a decent technique and are ready to upgrade your springs.. exo 70's are essentially a 10kg upgrade.

Hope that makes sense..

:spudT:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 05:53:35 PM »
I dont think thats actually correct spud lol.

The springs on the exo's are not new, they've been on the M series of projumps for over a year now.
I believe the M Series of stilts are now discontinued and the Exo's will be the only projumps available. There are 2 models of Exo's - the black for £149 and the silver Exo Pro's for £209.

I hope this isnt as confusing as it sounds, it doesnt need to be!

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 06:48:38 PM »
So just to be sure you suggesting I go for 70's

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 06:50:21 PM »
yup :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 07:05:54 PM »
I dont think thats actually correct spud lol.

The springs on the exo's are not new, they've been on the M series of projumps for over a year now.
I believe the M Series of stilts are now discontinued and the Exo's will be the only projumps available. There are 2 models of Exo's - the black for £149 and the silver Exo Pro's for £209.

I hope this isnt as confusing as it sounds, it doesnt need to be!
is the grading on the m springs still +10? .thats all i meant..

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »
I dont think so, but it's just never been said in the open really.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 07:34:52 PM »
I don't know about the lower weights as I have always forund that the higher weights seem to be different

I was bocking on 114's and could normally bottom them after about 2 weeks use almost at will

On the EXO's I am on 107's and I have yet to bottom them and am getting more height on average

But I'll say again the heavier weights always seem to react diferently to the normal/lowwer weights

But I agree with Locky as to the weight range you are in Hammy (if I have got it right) is to go 10 kg above your weight with your normal bocking clothes on due to you being an experienced fit bocker  

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 07:39:43 PM »
Cheers for this guys it helps alot

Offline PBC

• Les Bottes de 7 Lieues
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »

I would like confirmation on that from Naz because over here in France, the Powerstrider importer assures us the springs are not the same at all. I have to admit they don't look the same. The holes are not in the same places and they appear to be longer. Furthermore, SpeedJumper uses EXO springs but cannot use M series springs on his products. And finally, Powerstrider are selling off the M series springs for next to nothing while the EXO springs are 145 euros a pair. Why would they do that if the M series springs fit the EXO's?

Have to admit, you've got me a little confused there.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 11:39:40 PM »
Would be good to get clarity from Naz. What I was meaning is the typr of compound and manufacturing process of the 2 springs was the same and therefore gives the same performance and durability. The hole are in different places and the 2 different types will definately not fit on both types of frames.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 12:43:22 AM »
As far as I am aware the compound is very similar, however on the new springs I think the shape and the way they are attached to the frame makes the bigger difference in the way they respond. The new blacker m-series springs were stiffer and I think a 5kg rule may have been better applied to newbies, however the learning curve seems to get a lot more smaller with all the resources so I felt that for most users the advise was still applicable. With the new c-series springs I do feel for new users the advise to stay within their range is correct but for users who already have stilts they would need to go up a range. Hope that makes sense.

I believe the pricing structure is based on the fact that the new c-series cost importers more and the price decrease on the m-series makes sense as they will be discontinued soon or could be based on his stock levels

Offline PBC

• Les Bottes de 7 Lieues
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Naz. :)