Author Topic: new type of calf cuff  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
new type of calf cuff
« on: November 14, 2010, 07:57:49 PM »
Hi all

I was just wanderind if anyone had ever used the foot strap mechanisms as a calf cuff by adding some parts to it.

If anyone has please post some pics

hammy

Offline Squeeker

Re: new type of calf cuff
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 07:58:53 PM »
He wants 7 League Vipers but without the £80/90 cost :L
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:00:45 PM by Squeeker »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:31:17 PM »
Can't see why it wouldn't work but you would have to buy a set of bindings and then make a back to them

Might cost you more than the Vipers

But no reason why you couldn't convert a set of PJ ones to use a quick release system

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 08:38:22 PM »
Can't see why it wouldn't work but you would have to buy a set of bindings and then make a back to them

Might cost you more than the Vipers

But no reason why you couldn't convert a set of PJ ones to use a quick release system

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

I reckon you could take the clip part and the zip strap bit of some bindings and bolt them onto some calf cuffs. Not sure though could sacrifice security of stitching etc though :S

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 11:03:46 PM »
I dont know but i might give it a try sometime or if anyone wants to try and post pics then that would be cool

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 11:41:34 PM »
Xarnu Sonci did it about 4 years ago. There's pictures over on PP, here's his:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 12:12:35 AM »
Hi all

I was just wanderind if anyone had ever used the foot strap mechanisms as a calf cuff by adding some parts to it.

If anyone has please post some pics

hammy

I actually had this idea a year back. I always insisted that pulling the leg backwards into the stilt would be more stable than pulling it forwards into the knee-bar. This was before they invented calf cuffs.

Nero even gave me some spare straps so I could have a go...but being a bit rubbish with tools I never got around to doing it. I think calf cuffs do the job now...but I may have a go at making them just for fun, now that I have some more mechanically handy friends. ^_^ I'm just an ideas and design man. ^_^

Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline PBC

• Les Bottes de 7 Lieues
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 07:26:32 PM »
Poweriser have copied the Velocity Stilts cuff locking system.

It's probably the best in the business so maybe someone can start building a mod kit for existing cuffs. Can't be that difficult.
Here's a buckle supplier.

Offline XS

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 07:52:09 PM »
PBC those buckles look sketchy at best,  here's the supplier for the buckles used on velocity stilts http://www.austrialpin.at/  they cost $25 each, but i'd gladly pay that for a buckle that i'm 100% sure won't come undone.

Offline PBC

• Les Bottes de 7 Lieues
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 08:37:27 PM »
Me too!

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 06:23:05 PM »
Hmmm.... you have all given me an idea :P may do it over Christmas if I can be bothered :D