Author Topic: Hoofies on 7's (pics tutorial)  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Birt

Hoofies on 7's (pics tutorial)
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:12:14 PM »
here's my way of adding Jason's hoofies to my 7's.

first jason sold me the right material (he spent quite some time to find the right tyres for the job so why would i search for myself?).

first i cut them to size using a paper cutter. it's not really the best way i guess but it's what i had and the result was reasonably straight so i'm ok with it.

then i cleaned the tyres as well as the hoofs with a pretty strong product to get rid of all the grease and dirt. then rinsed it with water and let it dry.

here you can see the glue i used. i applied it on both the hoofs and the tyres (just a thin coat, not too much) with a small brush and let it dry for about half a minute, then stuck them together.
the glue is what i have bought to fix the rubber foil of my garden pond last year. it smells exactly like the glue my grandfather used when he was making shoes in his workshop. the glue you use to fix inner tyres should be very similar too.

i put on clamps to keep the tyres in place and screwed them on with small (1,5cm) woodscrews to get the tyre flat on the hoofs. they have a strong curve and without the screws they wouldn't touch the hoof in the middle.

you can see the screws here. the are leveled with the tyre material so i can just leave them.

this is how the side and back looks:

i removed the clamps (to use on the other stilt) and fixed everything very tight with elastic tape to let it dry for at least a night.

i've just finished this so i can't say yet how this will work out after using them some time but i'm sure the material is good (thanks jason!) and the glue+screws should hold well. the disadvantage is that you cannot replace the tyres as they are stuck :p

i'm also pretty sure you can do this with the new Exo's ;-)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Hoofies on 7's (pics tutorial)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 10:00:56 PM »
Looks really good mate

And I like the idea of cutting them with the paper cutter thats a new one on me (I ust a template and stanley knife)

You will probably find that when you get down to wearing them out a really good pull with a set of pliers will seperate them from the original hoofs once you have removed the screws so you can just stick another on

Well done

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: