Author Topic: ok so how comes ebay removed my stilts but not others peoples??  (Read 2778 times)

Offline billymaya

i picked up a pair of skyrunners from carboot few months ago and my step daughters been using them but they are a bit to big for her really so decided to put them on ebay now i know all the stuff about patent ect on these stilts i think i listed them just as a pair of jumping stilts (no names) anyways i got a messege from ebay saying they had been removed due to patent reasons fair enough but ive been watching a couple of sets of of skyrunners on there and they havent been removed?? why is this?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: ok so how comes ebay removed my stilts but not others peoples??
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 08:29:47 PM »
Not sure, depends on the listing and the pics/text used.

There isnt much you can do about this, if ebay get a patent complaint they remove the auction and thats that.
My advice is to make it crystal clear the stilts are used and second hand.

Offline billymaya

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 08:33:29 PM »
hi locky well i did this im always honest with my listings ect so gave full details about them the only thing i can think of is that i didnt put they were sky runners in the title so i might try again and put skyrunners in the listing rather than just jumping stilts

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 08:44:16 PM »
???????

not fair - i was the highest bidder as I wanted them for a friend back home  :Cchatterbox:

i know they r no pro-jumps hence the low biddings so far but i was prepared to go up to a certain price

so if u don't want to advertise them again PM me and let's see if we can agree on a price (100 as u wud like according to this site is too much for me as i almost get new ones for that price (including postage).

cu

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 08:48:27 PM »
???????

not fair - i was the highest bidder as I wanted them for a friend back home  :Cchatterbox:

i know they r no pro-jumps hence the low biddings so far but i was prepared to go up to a certain price

so if u don't want to advertise them again PM me and let's see if we can agree on a price (100 as u wud like according to this site is too much for me as i almost get new ones for that price (including postage).

cu

The ones he advertised on here aren't the ones he is talking about ITT. Those were 90's, his daughters were 60's. And I believe that the 90's were all pro-jump with the springs being pretty new I think :)

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 08:50:57 PM »
OHHHH :Cswoon:

sry - ok, got that wrong - just checked - it is still there - the 90's - and still by far the highest bidder  :Cyes: :Cbiggrin:

if he also want's to get rid of his daughter ones maybe he can give me some info's (after this year i go back home to austria and want to introduce bocking there so i cud use some "lighter" ones as well)

:Claugh:

Offline billymaya

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 09:03:02 PM »
yes my ones i currently have listed on ebay are pro jumps im selling them to hopefully get myself some exo pro's still 2 days to go on them so im sure they are going to go up a bit more yet :) on average they fetch about £80 to £100 on ebay so this is what im hoping for as they are in great condition :)

the other ones are skyrunners with 60 springs which were removed from ebay and i had a buy it now of £50 for them

im going to relist them with skyrunners in the title

Offline billymaya

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 09:06:47 PM »
ps the pro jumps have 40 watchers on lol so make sure you keep an eye on them lol

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 09:11:02 PM »
hmmm, how much wud u like for both of them???

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 10:07:25 PM »
Not to be funny but I think E-bay are in the wrong here

If you were selling new Skyrunners they would be right

If I were to buy a set of skyrunners in a country where they are legal and bring them home I am breaking no laws (I might be being stupid but not a criminal  :Claugh: )

If I then decide to sell my legaly bought skyrunners on e-bay I am breaking no patent laws

I personaly would contact them and explain this and ask why in these circumstances they were removed

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »
Ebay are in the wrong but they would rather remove the auctions than spend time discussing/dealing with patent infringements.

Offline billymaya

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 04:29:28 PM »
ok so i relisted the stilts last night and the buggers removed them again!!! grrrr and i put that they were sky runners in the title !! and theres still other sets on ebay grrrrr