Author Topic: Anyone else broken their ProJumps yet?  (Read 7786 times)

Offline Surfmonkey

Anyone else broken their ProJumps yet?
« on: September 20, 2006, 02:43:19 PM »
 :'(

Disaster!!

The frame of one of my pro-jumps has warped. Sproinging about delayed until i get them back from the distributers! Sob!

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had to hang up their springs for a while. Walking is sooooooooooooo boring and slow!

Offline carlmac11

Re: Anyone else broken their ProJumps yet?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »
my friend has what looks like a crack in one of his springs and it looks like it is getting worse. dude unlucky, walking is sooo boring.

Offline Surfmonkey

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 09:57:44 AM »
 ;D
All is good now. Getting a new pair sent to me as it was a manufacturers fault - PHEW! Now i can bound once more!

The guy with a split in his spring should get them looked soon, suggest talking to the sellers and getting their opinion, if it splits it could be messy! :o

I think you can order spare springs and footplates etc, from the Pro-jump site though.

Freedom to boing!!!!!

Offline arthur

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 08:06:34 PM »
surfmonkey how old r u ?

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline arthur

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 02:01:53 PM »
Hi,

does any one have any tips on how to keep my PJ's in good condition ?
(e.g should i keep it away from water etc.)

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline carlmac11

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 09:28:48 PM »
 >:( i have just recently snapped my right spring, i was jumping then i herd lots of crunches, thought it was just stones underneath. now i have more heavier weight springs, i can now jump higher and do more.
 ;D

Offline Surfmonkey

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 12:53:32 AM »
Gutted  :-[ But glad to hear it turned out allright in the end. :D

Been worried that would happen to mine one day - come close to bottoming out a few times.

I got a replacement set free of charge because of  the warped frame.

How close to the weight limit were you on the broken spring? I'm on 90's and weigh around around 81, was thinking about getting 100 springs to get more bounce to the ounce and to reduce any risk of snappage.

Offline carlmac11

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 06:32:32 PM »
i was over the weight that the springs were, i stupidly didnt weigh myselfe before i bought them :(
they were 11 stone and i am 12, but my new springs are now14 stone ;D

olliestev

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 04:54:46 PM »
how easy is it to send the Pj's back does it cause much of a hassle or do you just send them to them and they send you a new pair or what?

thanks guys!

Offline Surfmonkey

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 02:19:07 PM »
I rang em up first and explained the problem, they said their engineer would have a look at them. However, be prepared to front the postage yourself - i was in a rush and just sent them by the most convenient method at the time - parcelforce - and it cost me £18! I'm sure there are cheaper ways. But they sent me a brand new pair within a week.

Offline mini jump

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 09:11:58 PM »
hi i bought a set of pro jumps  juniors bac in september i have learnt a few tricks but i hit a snag i was walking up a set of steps and sliped. i managed to brake the foot plat and it hurt NOT TO BE DONE AGAIN lol as this set is a right off i am know going to buy the adult version are thay betta and what sort of tricks can u do on them

Offline arthur

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 09:37:43 PM »
mini jump why not buy a new footplate wouldn't it be cheaper?

Offline power-man

• hi all
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 03:24:36 PM »
i was just wondering what number you called to complain with was it the order hotline?

Offline Kanga Man

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 10:42:27 AM »
Carlmac, I have a feeling mine are about to go. I was out for hours yesterday on mine and I keep getting a crunchy sound from my right stilt. I keep looking for something loose on it but everything is as tight as can be.

I hope it isn't the spring but I can't think of anything else that would make the noise. I'm sure I'd feel it if it was my knee.

The spring is the most expensive bit to replace though. I'll have to take it easy on them until I can afford new springs. I've only been able to find spares labelled as 'Adult' and 'Junior'. Can you not get any with different tensions? I ask because I'm actually a bit light for the pair I have and I still feel them hit the maximum bending point when I jump hard on them.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 11:38:22 AM »
I hate to say it kangaman but that crunching noise is probably your spring going.

You can definately get different weight springs to replace it with...but it might take a while if they dont have any in stock.

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 12:25:21 PM »
that is i say defo about to snap.. ive had one break on me and it does make that krunchy noise first off before breaking! .. sorry to put it blunt but even if you do half a foot bounces .. once it starts to 'krunch' .. theres no going back!

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline Kanga Man

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 08:41:52 AM »
Darn, my poor boots. And there I went punishing them for hours yesterday. Oh well. I've written to Pro Jump to ask about spares. They only seem to have a choice between adult and teenager. I was hoping to get some springs for the next weight up if it's possible. Maybe turn my boots into 80 kg ones. The ones I have are for 70 kgs which is what I weigh, and I still hit the max bend point even on the good stilt.

Offline Surfmonkey

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 02:24:02 PM »
i was just wondering what number you called to complain with was it the order hotline?

Aye, that's the one (assuming you got-em from projump.co.uk)

Offline power-man

• hi all
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 05:53:43 PM »
yeah m8 cheers its all sorted now they say they should fix em for me just hope there ready for doncaster the on the 12th

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 09:03:55 PM »
im afraid to touch mine before the 12th as i really wanna come this meet
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear

Offline power-man

• hi all
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 07:35:37 PM »
i hope to god that mine get back by then or else im screwed
how long does it take them to send it back???

« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 07:39:44 PM by power-man »