Author Topic: bugger!!!!!!!!!!! :(  (Read 1802 times)

Offline billymaya

bugger!!!!!!!!!!! :(
« on: July 28, 2011, 08:14:56 PM »
went to exeter today for a bounce around whilst kieran  went into the dentist to have his braces removed was only bocking for half an hour when i heard a strange noise in my springs (felt it through my foot) anyways thought sh*t ive gone and snapped the spring got off and checked them over couldnt see anything so just got back on them 3 jumps later and i was on my way skyward when SNAP!!! my right stilt spring on the exo's gave way and has cracked in half down near the support arm :( is this because they no longer have the support from the leg bracket underneath?? in any case its knackered and ive gone past my six weeks so will have to fork out for anothe rpair of springs :( the ones that snapped were 94 kgs i weigh 88 kg do you think its worth going for higher 80's so theres a bit more flexibility in them as ive heard the higher rating ones snapp easier?

heres the photo

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: bugger!!!!!!!!!!! :(
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 08:28:19 PM »
yeah, i did wonder about this the first time i saw the designs without the whole thing running along the bottom, 'cos i saw someone jumping on them, and it bending in the wrong place, and giving nothing like the height you could get elsewhere, however i figured they'd fixed that issue, as i havent seen exo's bend in the same way, i think it's just bad luck mate, but if you have the same problem again, or if others do, it might be worth addressing.

Offline billymaya

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 08:32:49 PM »
thanks for the reply buddy well the thought did cross my mind but like you say i guess its one of those things i have had them for 3 months and have used them quite a bit but im no expert on them so no tricks or anything performed on them cool in one way as ive snapped me first spring but pants in another as its gonna cost me £75 for new ones :( lol cant win um all lol theres no way im going without me stilts lol
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:27:51 PM by billymaya »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 07:03:30 PM »
Hi Billy

From what I gather it is rare for the Exo springs to break on the joint the ones I have seen have broken in the same places that the old ones went so I think you  were just unlucky mate

Sympathys  :Cfrown:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: