Author Topic: The Big Summer meet, "Capital Bocking" Sun 19th Aug, London  (Read 147953 times)

Offline t r o c

Re: The Big Summer meet, "Capital Bocking" Sun 19th Aug, London
« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2007, 08:34:26 AM »
Absolutley gutted i cant go...... Hope the weather picks up a bit and hope no one comes home with injuries they didnt have b4 they left

Offline steve76

« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2007, 12:13:46 PM »
you guys need to organize this event next year for the 10th of august, i rly cant remember the last time the 10th of august wasnt hot and sunny.. plus its my birthday..ill bet my stilts next years 10th is a non rainy, good weathered day :), unless of cause we pollute this earth some more or whatever and it rains everyday :P.

steve.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #377 on: August 19, 2007, 07:35:16 PM »
Arh but what if the 10th isn't a sunday  ;)

Offline shadowfax

« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2007, 07:40:48 PM »
Just got home, legs are killin me! Havent been bouncin in a while, and being on them for 6 hours, hasnt done me good, but had a great time! wouldnt have missed it for the world  ;D

Offline DePaw

« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
Just got back finally, 7 hours in my PJs for me... today was so fun, it was just completely mental at times, like getting 5 bockers in a phone box! We need our own section in the gallery for all the photos and videos taken today.... Think I could sleep for a week or so right now. *zzzzzz*

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2007, 09:22:42 PM »
yeh was absoloutly awesome day bring on the next big meet ill be their for sure

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2007, 10:04:41 PM »
It was good wasnt it ;D  Big Ta to ET and Emil  who flew in From sweden for the day just for this.

Chatting with him we discussed the idea of a meet in Mallorca at Easter next year ( have a think folks)

Peeps who were not there --u may think peeps look at you. I fear you just cant imagine what its like when parts of central london just stop and look

Offline ickle-nick

« Reply #382 on: August 19, 2007, 10:16:21 PM »
That was fun :D

Thanks to ET and everyone for setting it up

My legs are gonna hurt tomorrow  :o

Dark Knight

« Reply #383 on: August 19, 2007, 11:25:12 PM »
Loved it !
Sorry I missed the end !?
Stupid ankle I'm in real pain >:( 
Would I've gone if I know it would fcuked my ankle like it has ... I went KNOWING it would for all who missed it ! Get the day boooked and come !

Right who's took a picture of my back ? I'll just loaded photoshop up   :o
Dark Knight aka DK aka Dark Night  ;D
I tried to load a picture in MEET gallery didn't work ?
So here one of poeple watching us

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 12:00:07 AM by Dark Knight »

Dark Knight

« Reply #384 on: August 20, 2007, 12:30:20 AM »
What so the final head bock count ?

And I think we should thank the ground crew for their help
Not all are has able on our bock and they helped me out a couple of times.

Thanks G Crew  :)

Offline DePaw

« Reply #385 on: August 20, 2007, 12:52:39 AM »
Some-one said 75 with ground crew.

Go ground crew! I managed to drag my boyfriend to this mad thing and everyone ended up leaning on him and giving him bags to carry... lol.

Dark Knight

« Reply #386 on: August 20, 2007, 01:00:59 AM »
Some-one said 75 with ground crew.

Go ground crew! I managed to drag my boyfriend to this mad thing and everyone ended up leaning on him and giving him bags to carry... lol.
I could have had my coat  ;D

Offline DePaw

« Reply #387 on: August 20, 2007, 01:06:39 AM »
lol. He wasn't happy about it, was already height concious bofore he hanged around with 7foot plus people all day.

Dark Knight

« Reply #388 on: August 20, 2007, 01:09:30 AM »
lol. He wasn't happy about it, was already height concious bofore he hanged around with 7foot plus people all day.
Does he Bock ?

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #389 on: August 20, 2007, 01:33:16 AM »
Cheers guys I am glad everyone had a good time and is completely knackered now, just as it should be ;D. It was a truly awesome meet and for those that couldn't make it....sorry for you. I think once you see the pics and vids you wont want to miss out next year. It will be the 3rd sunday of August so put it in your diary now! A huge thank you to all of you that turned up, I think the head count was 79 inc ground support. I am sure we can at least double that next year. Like bmthbloke said I think mallorca at easter will be a meet not to miss either. Finally a huge thanks to Sprog,Zackis and nurse Bobman for performing life saving surgery on my bocks. They managed to bring them back from the brink of death  ;D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #390 on: August 20, 2007, 04:05:30 AM »
Oh and I admit it im a lightwieght. Ive had a lay in --didnt get up till 0340 and will drive not walk to work and get in a lil later than normal ---0445   rather than normal 0420

Dark Knight

« Reply #391 on: August 20, 2007, 06:34:54 AM »
Shame the queen was not in to see us !?

A flag always flies above Buckingham Palace. When The Queen is in residence, the Royal Standard flies. When the Sovereign is not present, the Union Flag flies instead. A flag serjeant has the role of raising and lowering the right flag as The Queen arrives at or departs from the Palace

Apparently she was out bocking  ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #392 on: August 20, 2007, 09:36:43 AM »

I need to make and print off some PJ info cards to give to people when they ask about them, save me saying the same thing all day.

Please no brand advertising, this event is non commercial. No info with regards to specific brands or prices of stilts. The Metropolitan Police have said its OK for the meet as long as it was not a commercial venture. All it really needs to have is web addy's for this and the other forum. People can then do their own research.

I'm saying nothing  !?

Offline DePaw

« Reply #393 on: August 20, 2007, 09:59:53 AM »
Does he Bock ?
Not yet. He thought it was cool when I showed him mine, when he came yesterday he thought they were amazing. As soon as he gets the money he says he'll bo buying some. Ho loved the meet, even if he was a walk-along pillar for people but it was all in good fun.

Dark Knight

« Reply #394 on: August 20, 2007, 10:15:35 AM »
Does he Bock ?
Not yet. He thought it was cool when I showed him mine, when he came yesterday he thought they were amazing. As soon as he gets the money he says he'll bo buying some. Ho loved the meet, even if he was a walk-along pillar for people but it was all in good fun.

So we'll have one extra for next year at least  ;D

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #395 on: August 20, 2007, 10:24:03 AM »

I need to make and print off some PJ info cards to give to people when they ask about them, save me saying the same thing all day.

Please no brand advertising, this event is non commercial. No info with regards to specific brands or prices of stilts. The Metropolitan Police have said its OK for the meet as long as it was not a commercial venture. All it really needs to have is web addy's for this and the other forum. People can then do their own research.

I'm saying nothing  !?

If you are referring to 7leagues, they are down Hyde park every weekend promoting. I could hardly tell them that there usual patch was off limits because of capital bocking....

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #396 on: August 20, 2007, 10:46:49 AM »
I just wanna quickly thanks everyone for showing up and making the day so great. I was fearing so many wouldnt bother with the wet start but I'm sure everyone had a great time :)

Offline shadowfax

« Reply #397 on: August 20, 2007, 10:49:09 AM »
It was great! Although im paying for it now lol  :D

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #398 on: August 20, 2007, 11:29:23 AM »
yeh was an awesome frst meet i hve been to and i have learnt so much going out on my bocks in a bit to get more practise in and possibly get the airbed out and flip on to that!  ;D

but thanks every1 for the great day and the great help and advice i got and although i was only bouncing i have really improved on height and confidence

Carl

Offline Kanga Man

« Reply #399 on: August 20, 2007, 12:16:04 PM »
That was a great day out. It was nice to meet all of you. I got some great photos and videos. I'll put a link under a thread in the photos section. I took to many to post them all up here.

I'm amazed how good I feel today. I was expecting to feel the pain from yesterday today.

;D