Author Topic: jumping onto stuff  (Read 2031 times)

Offline oafc_bouncer

jumping onto stuff
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:27:27 PM »
i am really struggling with jumping on too stuff. i keep thinking the the bottom of my feet is going to clip the wall and ill go flyin. anyone got any advice? Thanx
oafc til i die.

Offline jump-up

• " I belive i can flye "
Re: jumping onto stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 09:39:52 PM »
Start with mini jumps and go bigger when you feel safer.

Offline Lil-Dj-Norb

• More Then A Hobby Its A Lifestyle
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 02:41:43 AM »
if you have a local sk8 park could try there thats were i jumped onto my first thing was a spine box had freinds with me and they told me if i could do it or not by jumpin next to it, and really tuck ur knees up when you go for it u gain so much extra height with it you wouldnt belive

Offline oafc_bouncer

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 04:33:42 PM »
i have a skate park pretty much on my street but its alway infested with moshers or chavs so im gonna get up early tomorrow morningand go then. Hopefully no moshers or chavs will be on. Thanx for your help
oafc til i die.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 04:47:09 PM »
go to your local garden centre and buy 1 or 2 thin garden canes ( the type used to make plants grow up straight). Tie them together so that you have a thin pole about 4 foot long.

Ever done high jump at skewl? Right same principle, place the pole across a couple of 'anything' so that its a foot off the ground. Jump it, if you fail you will just flick the pole to the ground. Once you are confident , raise the bar. Eventually you should be able to jump the bar once it is laid between a couple of wheelie bins ( if you bend/raise your legs up). Then move on to more solid objects, onto or over walls.

As for actual jumping technique. Have a look at urbantrickers tutorial on front flips. The 1st stage of which gives very good tips on jumping high and I dont think many  could better that.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 05:08:34 PM »
This is all about confidence and a lacking in confidence will effect everything you do on bocks from here onwards.
No matter how long it takes, you NEED to get over this.

Throw down a mattress and learn to jump onto small things as already suggested.
Psychological bails can be very hard to get passed.

Offline oafc_bouncer

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 05:24:54 PM »
ok thanx ;D i can jump up curbs but i dont think i can get the height to jump a small wall bit ill keep practising
oafc til i die.