Author Topic: Indoor Training area  (Read 32503 times)

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
Re: Indoor Training area
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2008, 08:51:04 PM »
All this sounds awsome! Lincoln, Norwich, Spalding, Boston are fairly spread out, so i guess people could just get to ones near them? If we need 15 people reguarly?  :)

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 09:10:17 AM »
Can you tell me how formal/informal the set up of the group is.

May need to formalise something for payment of facilities and possibly insurance
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 01:39:41 PM »
The group runs unbelivably informal that you wouldnt belive it, me and carl have looked into group insurance for us but have been told will work out cheaper if we get it individually.

payment for things wouldnt be a problem tho would just need one person who will be willing to have the payment transfer from a direct debit account to pay the facilty and the rest of the bockers all transfer money into his account or give it to them at the meet up easyiest way i can think off

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 09:46:21 PM »
Ok need to understand insurance requirements from facilities.

Lincoln City Council have confirmed that Birchwood leisure Center has free time on Saturday afternoons from 14:00 to 16:00. Meeting with centre Manager and City Sports Develoment Officer to agree what equipment is there or can be provided shortly.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2008, 09:49:29 PM »
from where i live i can see Birchwood leisure centre, can easily walk there on my projumps so if u need someone else to go to i'll be happy to

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2008, 09:54:22 PM »
Thanks will keep you in mind. I have history with the guys in developing sports in Lincoln. I am calling in a few favours so i need to attend the initial meeting.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 08:29:46 AM »
North Hykeham Leisure centre near Lincoln has offered us use of thier sports hall and full inventory of gymnastics equipment for Saturday afternoons from 14:00 to 16:00

At present I believe there will be no need for additional insurance.

There is also a Parcour group that use the facilities from 16:00 to 18:00 so any equipment we use can be left out meaning we get more time to play. Might also be good for the group to create links with them as they have a qualified gymnastics coach who may help

The cost for hall hire will be £20 per hour if we commit to long term use I could negotiate a further reduction. Means cost will be approx £4:00 per person max working on a minimum of 10 people per session over 3 sessions

Going to do a health and safety check and risk analysis with the Centre Manager next week.

Suggested a monthly meeting, probably need to book 3 months

Need to get an idea as to how many want to attend

Please can you advise by sending a PM using my e mail address
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Hoddsy

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2008, 05:12:26 PM »
i'd love to come but i think its a bit far for me, its gonna be atleast a 3 hour car drive each way sadly.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 05:26:58 PM by Hoddsy »

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2008, 07:36:48 PM »
the gillyberts might be able to make it there not to far away. :thumbs:

if u tell me which weekend it is and how many turn up i'll turn up

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2008, 11:46:11 PM »
Yeh i think we need to all check our hectic schedules ( :P) but seriously, i just need to know what saturdays and i can be there, if its monthly after that, then i should be able to make sure i'm free then. Sounds great btw, thanks to Charlie B for organising this!  :)

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2008, 03:56:30 AM »
Yea big thanks to charlie b on this one i dont know how you did you but well done mate, if you pick a date just any date make it about 3 weeks off and try and make it a sunday would be great works kinda moanin at me about keep taking off Saturdays lol, if i dont make the first one im sure i could book it off regular for monthly,

we did orginally say we would meet up on the first sat of every month so i dont know wether you could work it into that or do it every 3rd sat or last or somethink i dunno just throwin ideas in the air lol

Offline Adam_Circus

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2008, 01:59:43 PM »
Nice mate!!!

See if you can get a provis date and then see h0ow many can make it and then we can chat and bock at the samre time?????

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2008, 09:23:49 AM »
Quick update

Kit Available on site

the following equipment available every session for you:

2 x Vault Horses

1 x Pommel Horse
1 x Parallel Bars
6 x 5ft Square “Red Cubes” (will give you a better description)
1 x Balance Beam
2 x Benches
3 x Floor Beams
35 x Reebok Steps (normally used for step classes but could come in useful)
40 x Gym mats
4 x Crash Mats

I can only make saturdays and at present, it looks like I am the only one with the right qualifications to get the Gym so cannot do Sundays.

Can look at 1st Saturday in the month starting March to give everyone time to make arrangements. Train station at lincoln, any with cars could ferry to North Hykeham leisure Centre
Grow old disgracefully

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2008, 11:49:16 AM »
Wow, sounds great! I will be checking my calendar, but don't thinks its a problem :D

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »
I could make this meet, depending on the times, any idea??

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2008, 05:29:18 PM »
North Hykeham Leisure centre near Lincoln has offered us use of thier sports hall and full inventory of gymnastics equipment for Saturday afternoons from 14:00 to 16:00

This is what Charlie said before, not sure if that was set in stone thou  :-\

Offline dr. delicious

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2008, 11:45:11 PM »
is a bit late but a gym round me, in kings lynn has a foam pit so that people from the trampoline can do tricks into. Just wandering if there are any other gyms that has this cus this could really help with trix and flips.
klsjdbvlkjbvlkjb

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2008, 08:08:38 AM »
Could be tight, as I would have to get trains from Norwich there and back, will have to think about it!  :Straddle5:

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2008, 03:54:29 PM »
is a bit late but a gym round me, in kings lynn has a foam pit so that people from the trampoline can do tricks into. Just wandering if there are any other gyms that has this cus this could really help with trix and flips.

We don't think lynn sport will let us, neither will the hudson in Wisbech, we checked... :(

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »
Hi there I'm a newbie from Norwich, just got myself a set of Skyrunners but I'm definitely going to need help and practice getting up and running I think!  Would rather get proper training than try by myself and make a tit of myself or break something  :-[

Glad to see there is an East Anglian group :)  Just wondered if any of you have tried approaching the UEA Sportspark to use as practice?  I work at the UEA and they have great facilities.  Forgive my noob dumb questions but are sports hall floors OK for this sort of thing or can they be a bit slippy?
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2008, 04:43:15 PM »
sports hall floors are ok alot of other bockers use them we havnt used a hall yet, were doing a meet in norwich on the 23rd of feb if you want to come the details are in another post

Offline Adam_Circus

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 10:58:26 AM »
Cant make the meet guys :( as could be off on the 1st of march but well done mate chralie!!!! awsome mate!!!

Offline theonlysilenthunter

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2008, 01:05:36 AM »
Yeh the UEA sports park might be able to sort something out if there's enough of us. Would be great to be able to try stuff out without having to treck halfway across the county. Gixer..... but who else is close enough to come aswell??

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2008, 01:10:00 AM »
where is the UEA?

Offline Hoddsy

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2008, 02:26:42 AM »
The UEA is in Norwich.   Id really be very interested in seeing if we could rent gym space there.  Its only a 35 min drive or so from my place which is hell of alot easier than 3h 30min drive to Lincoln