Author Topic: Would you try this....  (Read 9994 times)

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
Re: Would you try this....
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 08:24:19 PM »
Thats a very quick way to die, clearing mental over load is what emergency drills are for.

Spud you fly I am sure you go through your drills before every flight take of and landing just in case. I always did and it saved my life.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Would you try this....
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 08:58:54 PM »
I have been overloaded beofre now. I was not really in a good mental state to fly but I did. I was tired. I had not eaten all day and was dehydrated and was worried about other things..big no no. My instuctor put the glider in a spin and I went blank.

I have been spin checked. I can do it. stop the rotation, unstall the wings get back to normal. I am now careful when I fly and wont be pressured into it. I have done cable breaks too. Quite comfortable with that except for at 300ft. had a real one the other day. Fortuntaly was on the ground still.

I am about to take gliding seriously. Nearly a year since my first solo and college has got in the way. The pressure of having to go solo on my 16th birthday was intense and did put me off. I really must give it my all now. Just not a cheap hobby.

I groundlooped on my last solo. So embaressed lol.

Where did you fly? I only do my normal checks before I fly.