Author Topic: CB 2009  (Read 135227 times)

Offline 3.141592654

• Just call me "Pi"
    • Convenient Blog
Re: CB 2009
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2008, 09:26:11 PM »
I'm prefectly willing to get to anywhere on the mainland, and edinboro' would be pretty awesome for the few(2 maybe 3) that would go from Northern Ireland. hehe.
Not really fussed, I don't have much of a say in the matter :P

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2008, 09:27:28 PM »
Not really fussed, I don't have much of a say in the matter :P
Every one has a say, we welcome (almost) all opinoins and will work from that :)

Offline 3.141592654

• Just call me "Pi"
    • Convenient Blog
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2008, 09:29:29 PM »
Nah, I'm just saying like. Coming from the point of ignorance. its all the same for me, i don't know where is good/bad/ugly

Dark Knight

« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2008, 12:02:41 AM »
Both CB's where great and it takes a lot to sort out. It's nice to get us all to come to a big meet once a year. We don't all have the chance to meet up every weekend and to us ( and most bockers ) this meet is high light and the year, you can keep Xmas give me CB instead  :thumbs:

An indoor option would be nice but if rain too much out side to bock it's nice we get to see each other face to face. Both CB's have had rain but we still got some bocking in  :thumbs:
If anything if the next CB was a little earlier in the year we may get better weather  :-\

To the people of do take up the challange to sortting the next CB out remeber their's a lot of people out here who would be more than happy to help you out  :thumbs:
People like Jelly and Co putting people up and driving people about for one  :thumbs:

:offtopic: Hilly I meant in the car, I needed somethig to stop me nodding LOL

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2008, 10:13:08 AM »
Well, seeing as i was supposed to go to cyprus next year, but am not now, i am most probably going to use the money to go to some kind of bocking event abroad, i.e. like majorca or aubria, or something, so i'm not overly bothered about CB, if its easy i'l come, if not i'm good :)

Dark Knight

« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2008, 11:25:08 AM »
Well, seeing as i was supposed to go to cyprus next year, but am not now, i am most probably going to use the money to go to some kind of bocking event abroad, i.e. like majorca or aubria, or something, so i'm not overly bothered about CB, if its easy i'l come, if not i'm good :)

:-\

Well I'll be promoting Bock in the UK when ever I can anyway ?

I think that once a year we should all try to meet up somewhere to show the UK and World that bocking is a growing pass time.
CB07 got 70 and CB08 got 110 it's going the right way but we need more next time the press will pick up on it and who knows with sponsorship bock could really take off ( bocking, take off  :laugh: ) in the UK.

I've seen skateboarding come and go, along with skate parks more than once !
We have to get more people into the sport and meets and the CB meet are the way to promote it.
We need to been seen enjoying it to get more people wantig to try it.

Chocl8 your a hell of a lot better than me ( most people are better than me ) it would be a shame for you not to make CB09 next year  :(

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2008, 10:58:59 AM »
OK, somewhere different, Anybody thought about Cornwall?? I cant remember if I suggested this already, but think of all the people that head down that way over the summer months for the beaches and camping. we could all go down, crash a campsite, then take over!! Just think, sun, sea, sand Girls (for the men), men (for the girls) and anyway you wish to mix them combo's up. It could be good . . . . . . . . .

Offline magzzie

• A little taste of the Bocker within
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2008, 06:55:05 PM »
Scotland if no one has said it soz i didnt read all the pages.

Scotland like Glasgow or maybe Danmark?

Offline leon michael

« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2008, 02:11:24 AM »
to be honest, im hoping its either Cardiff, or Birmingham for obvious reasons, Birmingham is easily accessible to most as its centrally situated.

but then again Cardiff for the bay :)

Offline Mike!

« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2008, 02:15:00 AM »
OK, somewhere different, Anybody thought about Cornwall?? I cant remember if I suggested this already, but think of all the people that head down that way over the summer months for the beaches and camping. we could all go down, crash a campsite, then take over!! Just think, sun, sea, sand Girls (for the men), men (for the girls) and anyway you wish to mix them combo's up. It could be good . . . . . . . . .

^
This  ;D

Not only are there amazeing beaches you could all gatecrash the 'Capital' of Cornwall: Truro.
I think I'm about one of 4 people in the whole of Cornwall who own stilts, so many of us in one place... Cornwall wouldn't know what hit it :P

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2008, 06:21:13 PM »
I've done newquay on stilts, it was boring, and wet...very very wet =[

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2008, 10:09:44 PM »
As stated, the problem is not so much finding a good location but more finding someone to organise it and in a way that can take the whole sport forwards.

We could list names of places all year long but it wont get anything done.

Dark Knight

« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2008, 11:53:21 PM »
As stated, the problem is not so much finding a good location but more finding someone to organise it and in a way that can take the whole sport forwards.

A small group meet is easy to sort out but the more that come the more you have to workout.
There's a meet idea to go to France which comes up every so often but disappears because no one will organise it.
I could say Lincoln.There's nice gym and there's place around the city center that could couple with 200 -300 of us ( maybe ). But saying and organising are two different things !
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:14:44 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2008, 08:38:33 AM »
Agree with Locky

The issue is the organisation and management of a large event. This is not something that could be done by just one person. Suggesting places is easy, getting people to commit time to plan and organise an event is the hard bit.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Schoie

« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
Agree with Locky

The issue is the organisation and management of a large event. This is not something that could be done by just one person. Suggesting places is easy, getting people to commit time to plan and organise an event is the hard bit.

I'll commit time to plan and organising this event in Lincoln if fellow YBB members will help me out. I think Lincoln would be a good place for a meet as DK said

There's nice gym and there's place around the city center that could couple with 200 -300 of us ( maybe ).

It would also help with promoting the Gymfests we have here and with

"developing the North Hykeham site along with Pro-Jump and the district council into a national centre for powerstilting." Lincolshire Echo - Monday, November 24, 2008, 07:30

Let me know what you all think?
Some People Think I'm Bonkers...
But I Just Think I'm Free...
Man I'm Just Living My Live...
There's Nothing Crazy About Me...

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2008, 07:23:06 PM »

I may well be coming back to the UK next year, if I do, I am happy resume my role as organiser

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2008, 07:27:37 PM »
The thing is Lincoln is going to get a lot of attention over the coming months due to the gymfests Clive is running, its a good idea but I don't know if we'll end up over-using Lincoln as an event centre.

May as well though as I don't think Matt is keen on organising Cardiff again and lets be honest, London is nice for a wander round and a few locations to bounce but it's crap if you want to get some serious bocking done. The indoor event idea is really cool but it involves gaining a lot of money and sponsorship to pull it off, which is a problem (Ideally we wanted CB to be sponsorship/endorsement free - For Bockers, by the Bockers - although it's getting increasingly difficult to stick to that).

It all depends on how good Lincoln is as a bocking location, where people can stay, what else can be done around the area (for non-bockers who are coming), and a few other variables too. The reason we chose Cardiff is because of the bay, the massive open space with loads of obstacles and challenges (that were never intended for bocking but work amazingly well), which ensured there was something for everyone and everyone had their own space and room to move which help reduced the risk of accidents, plus the fact there was no need to wander round from location to location like in London, it was all one big spot... If Lincoln has the same kind of appeal then it would be good.

I may well be coming back to the UK next year, if I do, I am happy resume my role as organiser
In which case you might get a very big hug. LOL.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2008, 07:37:48 PM »
ET will get more than a hug from me! Cant wait to see you again big man :)

I'm not unhappy about organising next years but having first hand experience of it, I'm not going to put the effort in for what is a glorified meet up. Capital Bocking needs and deserves to be bigger and better than that.

Personally I dont think any kind of sports centre is going to be adequate. 50 or 60 bockers is fine for a leisure centre but close to 200? I dont think so.
I'm also not against it being in cardiff again, just need to get things sorted with an indoor venue. To be honest we'd be limited to the Indoor arena in Cardiff or the Millenium Stadium. Hmmm

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2008, 07:48:31 PM »
Cardif Bay is excellent and very enjoyable. Had a great time with Locky and the Welshies. More than happy to go back. Not done London so cannot comment. Could we not base ourselves in Hyde Park ???

To get a good event you really need to have a relationship with officialdom to get reduced costs, media interest etc. Also feel that sponsorship is a must unless people are prepared to pay for it themselves.

Lincoln is OK good city, small and compact with some good shopping and cultural things to do. The North Kesteven Sports centre though is a little way from the city centre so accessibility to the city is an issue.  

I also agree to some degree with Sprog, it is possible to over use a venue.

Here is a suggestion. I work with the Sports Team on the East Coast Of Lincolnshire. I could talk with them about developing an event in Skegness (have done before but binned it coz of time and insurance issues). Not the centre of the world but a reasonable place to go. The planning would have to include an ability to get to an indoor gym if the Weather turned bad.

My thoughts are that we could occupy a central area near the beach (close to the extreme sports site). It would need organisation so we could get mats and kit on site but it is possible.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2008, 08:01:09 PM »
Just read Lockys post.

My vote would be for cardiff
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2008, 08:05:47 PM »
yeah i think Cardiff again

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2008, 08:10:08 PM »
If its going to be an indoor event then maybe we could consider Birmingham. As its in a very central location and it relatively easy to access from anywhere in the country it would make for a great spot. Cardiff is great but the big draw there is the Bay and if thats going to be too much of a nightmare then it might as well be elsewhere.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2008, 08:27:08 PM »
Here is a suggestion. I work with the Sports Team on the East Coast Of Lincolnshire. I could talk with them about developing an event in Skegness (have done before but binned it coz of time and insurance issues). Not the centre of the world but a reasonable place to go. The planning would have to include an ability to get to an indoor gym if the Weather turned bad.
And we could go to Butlins ;D

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2008, 08:31:19 PM »
And we could go to Butlins ;D

have you been to that one?..... it's revolting, just quietly

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2008, 08:33:22 PM »
It used to be really good, but, it did go pretty downhill and we stopped going, If it has continued to go downhill then by now it must be seriously, seriously c**p

:spudT: