Author Topic: Capital bocking - are YOU comming?  (Read 76623 times)

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: Capital bocking - are YOU comming?
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2009, 07:28:07 PM »

"Lets make everyone that isn't coming regret it by having a better time than all the CB's before  :Cbiggrin:"

and more sunshine

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2009, 07:29:07 PM »
Really with i could make it :(

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »
And Sprog will you try and bring a camera that isn't scared of me this year  :Claugh: I know I got close on the south bank that time but it was still shaking a year later at WfL  :Claugh:
My camera had a nervous breakdown after WFL and stopped working, I can get about 5 pictures out of it before it just gives up! :Claugh:
Haven't got a replacement on it yet :(

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2009, 07:37:12 PM »
wow, thats one of the biggest up your own arse posts ive read in a long time
1, the event doesnt need 8 months of planning, 2, you dont have to inform every
authority available, its a meet, we go, we bock, if your asked to move on, you move and go elsewhere, simple.
so you made a date and time, well done you. the location was pretty much obvious as 07 was there. and that can be stated at any time, people dont need 365 days notice.
yeah there may be a few less people, but who cares, some choose to climb a mountain,
some wanna party. thats theyre choice, and also the start of the demise of cb. the one event that bockers should attend. but,  either way it will be still fun...
the cb's are the only meets ive really been too, and i think a less over the top organised
event will be just the same. who needs a map, who needs train times, who needs a designated photographer, people can sort that themselves. were adults, we can decide what to do there, and where to go on the day.
we all go with the flow.
the way your wording it is, well if we dont organise it, it will not be as good...wrong
i actually think it will be the best fun yet, with no people thinking they have a rank status over everyone else...as these people will end up in a wheelie bin, fact.
muncher did his bit, agreed, thanks to him for trying.
glad you agree about bexx, she's done loads, more than you think. some people wouldnt of made it if it wasnt for her
she's putting people up to. thankyou bexx....
so it doesnt matter if there are 20 or 70 people, its what you make of the day...
so jump down from your high and mighty horse, as it really dont belong to you, and stick with the made to measure
rocking horse ones...

LOOK HERE BELOW
http://www.pinheadstraps.co.uk/
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
never fece yourself wearing a g-string
it makes chip shapes

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2009, 07:38:07 PM »
Someone mentioned contacting the press. I dont think having the press cover this is a good idea at all. I really dont mean to dampen anyones efforts but it doesnt look terribly good for our sport when an event that has gone from 69 people the first year to over 100 the second year to 30 people in the third year.

I'm really sorry none of the WB's are coming but we just dont have the transport or can afford a train. If we had been able to get a bus hired or something we'd probably double the attendance numbers.

='[ Really wanted to see you guys - but i will come down and see you all when i get wait for it
2 DAYS OFF at the racing school LOL!!
Much Love
xxxx

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2009, 07:47:49 PM »
so you made a date and time, well done you. the location was pretty much obvious as 07 was there. and that can be stated at any time, people dont need 365 days notice.
Clearly, they do, as the dates for '08 were set a 10 months in advance and as such gained 5x the number of people going this year. The final dates for this were set 2 months ago. That's an obvious exponential correlation.

the way your wording it is, well if we dont organise it, it will not be as good...wrong
Am I not entitled to my own opinion?

i actually think it will be the best fun yet, with no people thinking they have a rank status over everyone else...as these people will end up in a wheelie bin, fact.
I don't think anyone has ever thought that in bocking, we're all equal at meets. Apart from those who can do back-to-back-to-back 360 :Claugh:

so jump down from your high and mighty horse, as it really dont belong to you, and stick with the made to measure
rocking horse ones...
I apologise if my post came across that way to you pinhead, I did not mean it to. I was merely expressing my opinion on how it has panned out. How about you get off yours too?

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2009, 08:00:27 PM »
wow, thats one of the biggest up your own arse posts ive read in a long time
1, the event doesnt need 8 months of planning, 2, you dont have to inform every
authority available, its a meet, we go, we bock, if your asked to move on, you move and go elsewhere, simple.
yeah there may be a few less people, but who cares, some choose to climb a mountain,
some wanna party. thats theyre choice, and also the start of the demise of cb. the one event that bockers should attend. but,  either way it will be still fun...
the cb's are the only meets ive really been too, and i think a less over the top organised
event will be just the same. who needs a map, who needs train times, who needs a designated photographer, people can sort that themselves. were adults, we can decide what to do there, and where to go on the day.
we all go with the flow.
muncher did his bit, agreed, thanks to him for trying.
glad you agree about bexx, she's done loads, more than you think. some people wouldnt of made it if it wasnt for her
she's putting people up to. thankyou bexx....
so it doesnt matter if there are 20 or 70 people, its what you make of the day...
rocking horse ones...

:Ctongue:

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2009, 08:23:10 PM »
It looks like my stilts are going to be annoying you guys at CB, one of them is making an awful creeking noise.
Me and Darfgarf looked at them today, my stilts seem to be packed full of surprises.
Darfgarf pointed out that they are a very odd variation of Skyrunners, they seemed to have quite a few differences with the average pair of Skyrunners.
The bushings were machined instead of just being a piece of metal crudely bended round into a bushing, and there were loads of other differences here and there, and for one they haven't failed catastrophically despite having them for almost a year now.
Oh, and thanks for Darfgarf for fixing my stilts up.

See you guys at CB!

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2009, 08:37:26 PM »
The bushings were machined instead of just being a piece of metal crudely bended round into a bushing

nono the 7s ones are much better than yours :P machined is bad in this case as they did it wrong...or something

(fixed most of the click though, just the noise of the (very solid) hooves hitting the floor i guess)

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2009, 08:50:06 PM »
I was talking about the crude Skyrunner ones, I know the 7's are better...

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2009, 09:25:51 PM »
I will be going to Capital Bocking and enjoying it  :Cbiggrin:

"Lets make everyone that isn't coming regret it by having a better time than all the CB's before  :Cbiggrin:"

i am agreeing wiv jason xD

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2009, 09:58:33 PM »
to be fair i like less ppl at a meet coz it allows you to go round and meet every one but tbh its going to be cb no matter how many ppl r there coz at the end of the day where are we bocking oh the capital of England that why i dident like the idea of it being in Norwich coz its not a capital eny ways i look forward to seeing the people attending and im sure we will have a good time 

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2009, 10:26:53 PM »
Whos cares about having lots of people there, we will still get noticed by the public. And its not the amount who make the day its the people who attend and make it special! Everyone whos arranged this great meet in the last few years have really worked hard but dont sweat it dude, honestly, we aren't going to fade out because this year we dont have as many people. Lets just have fun and enjoy ourselves. Drinking will be involved, so there. I will drink you all under the table! Mwahahaha. Love you all. Jelly xxx

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2009, 10:31:51 PM »
Whos cares about having lots of people there, we will still get noticed by the public

I get noticed by the public on my own, they wont stop staring. So even with 3 of you people will be gathering round :p

DC

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2009, 01:24:44 AM »
Clearly, they do, as the dates for '08 were set a 10 months in advance and as such gained 5x the number of people going this year. The final dates for this were set 2 months ago. That's an obvious exponential correlation.
wow,, dictionary boy...
nooooo i disagree.
people know it happens this time every year regardless...
if they wanted to be there they would.. some dont have a choice
but alot not attending do...
its not down to organising 10 months before, thats total crap...
geek overload...
one of the reasons for less people are as follows,
regional groups are now bigger than they were 1 year and 2 years ago
so people dont feel the need to see alot of bockers at once, because they see it everyday almost...thats why 07 was good, not down to organisation, but the fad, which sadly has faded a little..08 had a few go, but on seperate days added, i barely stood in a group over 15 all day. so london had the most in one single day.

"thats just an exponential correlation" wtf  jeeze, that will get you girls..
more a petri dish and a bag of worthers originals  :Cyes:
yeah your entitled to your opinion, but its always in the way people hate you for...
thats why you get similar back,  but then you carry on and on again....
and then have to back down, when your eventually out of your comfort pc frame.
k-rock really wanted to come by the way.
anyhows.
greg and the others are right too, with less people, you actually get to chat to everyone, so who really cares how many people go, it will be great fun still.
glad your looking forward to it now..  :Cbiggrin:

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:37:50 AM by PINHEAD69 »

LOOK HERE BELOW
http://www.pinheadstraps.co.uk/
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
never fece yourself wearing a g-string
it makes chip shapes

Offline W3bbo

• Bockipedia
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2009, 01:40:43 AM »
Woo... don't take things too seriously guys. I'll agree CB2009 hasn't been as organised as it could have been, but those who have been involved in getting things going (especially Bexx) deserve our applause, let's not get involved in interpersonal conflict here, that's what the PM system is for :)

It's true that London isn't the perfect location, and the Welsh Bockers are the largest contingent in the country and London is far for a lot of them.

As much as I hate to blow my (current) city's horn again, but I'd like to nominate Birmingham for 2010, for the same reasons as before. I'll get in contact with the admin of the Munroe Sports Centre when I get back in September and see how things go.

...but let's not start planning the next until we see how this year's goes.

and of course, I'd like to remind everyone of the wiki page: http://www.w3bbo.com/bocking/index.php?title=Capital_Bocking_2009

Ta!

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2009, 02:54:11 AM »
Meh! Meh, meh meh, Meh!  :Cchatterbox: see you all then s***s! jelly x

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2009, 09:09:45 AM »

and of course, I'd like to remind everyone of the wiki page: http://www.w3bbo.com/bocking/index.php?title=Capital_Bocking_2009

LOL! I like how everyone has been using my photoshoped  google map  :Ctongue: Must be good i take it

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2009, 09:53:48 AM »
Chill out guys, this threads about whose coming to cb not about who isnt and why they arent. Every1 can voice their opinions but if you want to get personal do it elsewhere.  cb is different things to different people so go for the reason you want to and just have fun, there is no need for all this crap all it  serves to do is create bad feelings.

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2009, 01:03:24 PM »
Meh! Meh, meh meh, Meh!  :Cchatterbox: see you all then s***s! jelly x

See you s*** their jelly :D
xxxx

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2009, 01:36:24 PM »
Wow, it's been a while. First, yes pinhead i did want to go. but to CB, not to london. remember the meet we met pinhead?we turned around one day and just happened to organise a meet.. well i say organise. i mean we hit a few people with 'fancy a bock?'. 15 people turned up, that was the day sky high was born. big meets dont need lots of organising, they just need people who want to go! and obviously people are put off by something.

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline choco bean

« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2009, 02:48:37 PM »
This is quite a late post, I know, but thanks to my brother getting the A-levels he wanted, I am able to come to CB09.  Can only make it for Saturday though, and I wont have my t-shirt as it will probably get to me by sometime next week! May just get a yellow t-shirt and attack it with marker pen!
Anyways, I shall see you on Saturday. YAY! :Claugh:

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Offline crazyman

« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2009, 02:58:51 PM »
i hope we dont Need to wear the T's

cos i dont have one and will not be able to afford one... im spending it on a set of hoofies me thinks

i shall be the tall guy in black (how ever if i choose to wear shorts... bring sunglasses)

Peace out guys

Offline crazyman

« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2009, 03:01:15 PM »
also will be bringing a small toolkit... as they are infinatly usefull

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2009, 03:05:08 PM »
This is quite a late post, I know, but thanks to my brother getting the A-levels he wanted, I am able to come to CB09.  Can only make it for Saturday though, and I wont have my t-shirt as it will probably get to me by sometime next week! May just get a yellow t-shirt and attack it with marker pen!
Anyways, I shall see you on Saturday. YAY! :Claugh:

AWSOME choco bean. Itll be nice to meet you as I will be joining your group when I move up to leeds in the next couple of years.

Ill stick you on the list then. :)