Author Topic: Calf straps  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Alessio

• Alessio the Ferret
Calf straps
« on: August 26, 2009, 11:39:31 PM »
I cant get ym calf straps tight enough. Right now I'm slightly broke after buying them (ProJump+ = Expensive >.<) so I can afford any shin/knee pads right now. Any ideas for a quick fix on it? Thanks guys.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: Calf straps
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 11:58:24 PM »
Just keep fiddling, eventually you'll find a spot that feels perfect. THEN MARK THEM OFF IN THAT POSITION! So then if you ever knock the bars out of allignment, you know where they go, making it much easier to fix :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 07:40:11 AM »
Yup, calf cuffs take a long time to get perfect. You probably need to spend some time adjusting them. If you havnt already, move the bars closer together and then try to get them so they feel right again and you are putting weight onto the footplate evenly. If they you get then tight and there is space between your calf then you
need to take the padding out and do the velcro behind it up tighter. The strap is a pain to to do up aswell to begin with. If thats your prob as you try to tighten it pull the strap up towards you then down to your feet a few times. Helps loads.

And get some kneepads asap. And wrist guards too if you dont already ;)

welcome to the forum :)

Offline Alessio

• Alessio the Ferret
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 11:49:33 AM »
You think that maybe I can get it tighter if I move it further up my leg maybe? It's practically on my knee as it is >.< Oh, and hi sprog :)

I have myself some wrist pads, and I will be buying some shin/knee pads when I can :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 07:30:38 AM »
No, i found quite the opposite. Try lowering them a bit.

Offline Alessio

• Alessio the Ferret
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 01:44:10 PM »
I might be funny in the way that my legs get skinnier as they get further down then :S :D

Problem solved, I purchased some knee/shin pads from the ProJump shop :D They should be here soonish :)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 02:13:43 PM »
They may not be there till tuesday due to bank holiday monday

Offline Alessio

• Alessio the Ferret
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 03:47:26 PM »
Thats what I'm worried about >.<

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 04:30:34 PM »
will be fine, i dont personally use pads... can't be bothered with them :P

DC

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 04:41:13 AM »
DC. It's your personal choice to not wear pads. I'm sure you know the risks. I'm not here to lecture people about it. What is not ok is for you to tell people without them that "be fine". You might be right, but you might not be. To give people the impression it will be isnt fair, especially if based on your own experiences. They may have a nasty fall tomoro and really hurt themselves. There is a good chance of that if you dont wear pads. You know it and take the risk like many others. But one day it might not be fine..

Allessio, those pads should help. I use them under my cuffs. Just play around with the position until it feels right.  
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 04:44:16 AM by Spud »

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 07:34:34 AM »
What i meant is that you probably will be fine till monday or tuesday when you get the pads, i know wearing pads is what i should do but i cant afford any till tomorrow. I will wear pads. And PJ didnt have any in stock when i went to buy them,

DC

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 11:24:40 AM »
Also remember that there is the unwritten rule on most Bocking forums that if you are Daft enough to bock without pads you get no sympathy when you do get hurt  :Claugh:

Actually the few times I have seen people in that position they got a lot of stick from most other bockers

Believe me if you are trying hard enough to push your limits you "Need" pads as you will have spectacular falls

I know that I won't get on my PJ's without a minimum of wristies and I have actually not bocked due to forgetting them

I also hate not having knee or elbow pads as I have come close to a broken elbow and I managed to shatter a knee pad once so imagine what it would have done to my knee

One last thought if you are "Brave" enough to go out without wristguards
Imagine a forwards trip over a jump where you land on both wrists and break them (very possible on bocks)
Now forget the pain and the hopital time but think on this
Do you have someone who is willing to wipe your A** everytime you need it for 6 weeks  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2:  :CGEEK:

Offline Alessio

• Alessio the Ferret
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 08:38:29 PM »
Also remember that there is the unwritten rule on most Bocking forums that if you are Daft enough to bock without pads you get no sympathy when you do get hurt  :Claugh:

Actually the few times I have seen people in that position they got a lot of stick from most other bockers

Believe me if you are trying hard enough to push your limits you "Need" pads as you will have spectacular falls

I know that I won't get on my PJ's without a minimum of wristies and I have actually not bocked due to forgetting them

I also hate not having knee or elbow pads as I have come close to a broken elbow and I managed to shatter a knee pad once so imagine what it would have done to my knee

One last thought if you are "Brave" enough to go out without wristguards
Imagine a forwards trip over a jump where you land on both wrists and break them (very possible on bocks)
Now forget the pain and the hopital time but think on this
Do you have someone who is willing to wipe your A** everytime you need it for 6 weeks  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2:  :CGEEK:

Now you put it like that O.o XD I was wearing shin/knee guards and wristies today, but I've lost one of my wristies >.< I need a new pair XD

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 08:43:52 PM »
Ok you have convinced me, getting them on Monday :) ill just have to be careful till then :p

DC