Author Topic: Capital Bockering 2010  (Read 35503 times)

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
Re: Capital Bockering 2010
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 01:20:51 AM »
I think Matt is going to post a kind of summary of what we decided.

But its definitely in Cardiff! :D
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 07:24:22 AM »
Lol, thats a start now we just need the other things :p

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am currently looking at various funding opportunites to get behind this. Most of them require some sort of support from the welsh assembly government, the sports council for wales and even my friends at cardiff council. I have gone about this in a very "straight to the top" sort of way which is the only way I can see things progessing with what I want to to.

Talking to zeb about this aswell and he has suggested we have a UK Championship at CB. I think this is a great idea and would really help get some serious media attention aswell. There is a problem that since we're not even a sport yet, we cant have any official championship taking place. But who cares about official right? I believe the same thing applies to parkour but they seem to have the world freerun championships so I'm really not sure if there is a way to make a competition official.

I also have alot on my plate at the moment in my personal life and at the moment this could still go either way but basically I am not interested in organising another large gathering of people. If my plans cant happen for Cardiff then I cant see me being involved with CB much at all.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 01:00:53 PM by Locky »

Offline adamessex

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 03:52:56 PM »
sounds like a hell of a lot of work already gone into it top marks locky. Hope all works out well for you. And that all works for cb.

hmm what events could we get in the uk championships?

Long jump
High jump
Floor (like gymnastics)
Syncro (pairs quads etc)
World record challenges (the records that already exist)
Trials (like trials bike kinda stuff)

Just a few thoughts doubt they'll help much but figured i'd write them down
falling is proof your trying

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 07:45:35 PM »
I missed this thread!!
Matt - Im in! :) Let me know when you want me to do anything.

To add to Adam's list below - maybe 100m sprint, 400m run
And we could split the high jump into a jumping and a flipping one?
Those and the Long/High jump will be easy to 'score' assuming we go with standard athletics rules
But how would we judge the others?

Liking your plans Locky, sounds more like a full event! :) Lots of hard work, but it should be worth it! :)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2009, 07:50:07 PM »
we should have the 3v3 BowerBall competitions aswell, (bocking basketball that is)
have a mini tornemant

DC

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2009, 09:33:52 PM »
It's Powerball, not BowerBall.
I can now call myself a champ(kinda) at Powerball, being on the winning team twice(both times I have played Powerball with the JJ's so far) :Cbiggrin:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »
Didn't mean to wright BowerBall,
I get to play it for children in need, am well excited :p

Like a big child

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 08:12:58 PM »
How is this progressing? I must confess Ive not wanted to look much of late.

If things going fine then please just ignore this post.

If not, then still if wish ignore or maybe not.

But Im going to set out an idea for a CB meet. Its not big, its not clever, its not original ( indeed its just putting existing ideas together  & adding maybe 1 or 2 new twists)  but I think it would be a fun event.

Please read and say yay nay, yes but  or just walk away :oD

Its in London, Date, well debate a lil but 1 day of the weekend of 14th/15th Aug ID lead with suggesting

1100 Tower Bridge, park next to.

Not as easy to get to as , say, Hyde Park, but peeps will be fresh and awake , which will help. Its a place known to quite a few ( but they dont go there enuff to get bored) who will tell you its an ACE bock spot. So there is lots to do whilst people slowly arrive.

There is also an M&S foodhall just round the corner for , reasonably, affordable and non tourist rip of refreshments.

Later in the day the park becomes very crowded so its best to use it as a 1st base.

1300 Move off  for a tour of the city. 1st along the South Bank Embankment. Loads to see and do and be seen. Includes the Sk8 park and the 'big green sofa'. Also means all the really 'active' stuff is done 1st.

Cross Thames at the Jubilee bridge. Then , well what do you want to see? Id suggest Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, Buckingham Palace  but please peeps add in and we can see how much we can do.

Ending up at Hyde Park. Now this is more central and and better servered by tube stations than Tower Bridge. But Id suggest that at the end of the day when we are all tired and want to get home ( or just Have to get home cos parents have said so, or in my case cats have to be fed) this ease of communication is more of a plus than at the start.

Whilst being rather flat , the park is big and open and those that stil have the energy will be very free to bounce about there for the remainder of the day.

OO food? Well Im prepaired to wager there are 1 or 3  ( atleast) take away pizza parlours around the park. Research can be done, menus posted and we can 'phone ahead our orders...and have 'pizza in the park'

As I say not big not clever.... but should ( if u want) be a fab day out.

Ive entioned this to a few peeps alreay, both from this forum and at JJ meets, the replys have been generally favourable , which has enboldened me to put the idea before you all  :oD

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 08:21:56 PM »
Sounds like the best plan so far, :)  I will be well up for it :) Will post on the Riser Raptor forum now :)
DC

Offline asbestospiping

• PJF Contributor
    • www.robcowie.net
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »
Sounds like fun, count me in!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 08:44:49 PM »
Sounds like my sort of day and think Clive will be up for it too

Well done Q

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 08:46:12 PM »
Why tin the past 2 years has the planning been last min :P
we started planning this early last year :s
DC

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 08:50:50 PM »
Thought this was goin to be in Cardiff this time ??? or I have missed something ???

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 10:06:20 PM »
It is if you read the the top of the first post

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 11:39:15 PM »
It is if you read the the top of the first post
Yeh i gathered that but when and why did it change ???

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 07:21:19 AM »
SNuD I think it changed because no one was actually doing anything to organise it for Cardiff, So by Q setting a place in london (easy to get to, everyone know where it is) it kicks of capital bocking :)
DC

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 12:33:32 PM »
Oh! I C! thought Locky was doing it?  There doesn't seem to be any hint that there is nothing going on or not already been sorted and no one as asked locky? :Cconfused:
Anyway, (easy to get to, everyone knows where it is)?? What do you think Cardiff is :Cyes: Capital city  :Cyes:
Not to mention a 100mile closer to me!!!!!!  :Ctwitcy:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:41:10 PM by SNuD »

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 01:03:46 PM »
Think is Snud, Matt is very busy and as per usual im sure hes just too busy to organise anything at the moment, i may be wrong (if i am correct me matt) but the last CB that was in cardiff took so much organising im not sure if matt would like to take that on again

just my 2p's worth

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »
I'm not sure where exactly and I'm too lazy to dig up old posts but I have stated that I'm not able to organise it in Cardiff this year. This is due to some personal problems happening in my life at the moment that take priority over bocking unfortunately.
There is no reason we couldnt do cardiff again, as per 2008. I might be able to organise something with the council here but I wont be able to sort out camping and certainly not the plans of having a massive indoor area like I first hoped.

That said, if someone wants to go ahead and organise it somewhere else then go for it.
Personally, I dont see the need to keep it in a capital city. It's about the bocking so the things we require is a perfect spot for bocking for over 100 people and somewhere with good transport links. I still think we need to arrange something incase the weather is bad but that's something else entirely.
For whats its worth, I do not think hiring a sports hall is adequate for CB. Even something like the lincoln events got a bit manic once numbers hit 40.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 06:34:07 PM »
hi, bax again.

OK my post has been up for about 24 hours. Maybe a bit quick for to properly summerise  responces   but Im gonna anyways.

We got some YIPYIP YAYS and some confused shoe gazing and some 'wot ? but I thought?...'

I would like things to lead off positive and not some mumbling debate :Csmile:

I think a big central meet is a good idea , tho I think  ( but maybe next year) we should be trying to have a few big meets around the country. But really thats another thread.

Yes CB could be anywhere, but start that debate now?  Time is flying a lil. NO place in the country is gonna b perfect. SNuD , agreed Cardiff is 100 miles nearer for u, but how much closer timewise is it than  to London?

Yes a gym would get manic. Also even if the weather were pants, the air temp would still b high ...result a bl**dy hot room.

If we are going to have a CB event it needs desiding on soon if not NOW. Ive set out a plan. Its not fabulous, but it will be fun and its also something to build on. More so in the latter case cos Ive already had peeps asking to help. And I think thats really good and needed, a solid base of people who do , not much, but some solid work and build a  knowledge group of people who will organise stuff. Doing these things really doesnt take alot of effort, tho sometimes alot of nerve and b*lls

Im propossing an event, a real one, not 1 we might have or really want but 1 that can happen no probs ( well yeah some)

ON more practical level, Ive kept on with the minimal work needed , and popped round to local railway station. Now last August railways in the south had a weekend offer....anywhere return for £10! Now , if repeated, that would make this a v affordable event ( I think similar stuff was repeated by other rail companies).

I asked at the info desk if the deal would be repeated. I got the reply 'I bloody well hope not, it was chaos!!'. Well less than helpfull , but Ill keep on asking.

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 10:46:25 PM »
I am now understanding! Thought It was already half sorted for Cardiff and was getting dragged kicking and screaming down the smoke. :Cwideeyed: so that bits cwl then!
HOWEVER! :Cmad:
It a weekend too blooming early! I don't get back off me hols (Volcanoes permitting) until the 15th... an I really wanted to go.  :Ccry:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2010, 01:40:22 PM »
I have little interest in Capital bocking if it's going to be in London again this year. I think really it should move locations each year to keep it varied and interesting, and perhaps open it up to more people. The past 3 years it's been more towards the south end of the country, perhaps it should be shifted in more a northerly direction to make it easier for those "oop north" to attend, as last year it there was a definite lack of anyone other than pinhead who came from any further north than Norwich way (Although that may also have been because it was rather last minute and nothing on the scale of 2008 in Cardiff)

However, I'm not willing to get involved in organising it this year either as I simply don't have the time right now, and it looks unlikely I will even be able to attend. So, y'know, do whatever, just thought I'd throw my opinion in there.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2010, 08:14:10 PM »
So that means your organizing an extravaganza next year Sprog  :Claugh:
Or have I got the wrong end of the stick  :Cbiggrin:

Seems like your the only one with a plan this year Q

So unless anyone else is gonna step forward with an alternative I think we should have a vote  of confidence in Q

I for one will be happy to attend a London CB

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 09:55:36 PM »
Same a jason i am up for the london CB and it looks like Q has a good picture of CB already