Author Topic: Halloween Bock 2010 (London)  (Read 24893 times)

Offline binop9

Re: Halloween Bock 2010 (London)
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2010, 09:05:14 PM »
i know this might have been asked before.. but what time is everyone aiming to be at the Eye for ( for the main group.. as i need to arrive 30 mins ahead to set up my outfit. )

Chris - Binop9
Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People in Large Groups...

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2010, 09:30:59 PM »
chris i think its 3 at the london eye
 :Cwink:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2010, 09:59:23 AM »
It's going to be hit and miss with the weather guys.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2010, 10:34:43 AM »
If anyone needs my number for today: 07731 806040

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2010, 01:22:15 PM »
triple post!

I'll be posting pics up on our twitter account http://twitter.com/welshbockers as the day goes on.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »
shameless way to bump up ur post count!

have fun you all, shame the weathers miserable :(

Offline adamessex

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2010, 01:03:03 AM »
Weather held off nicely.
I think the total was 26 bockers, great costumes (jason's dragon pulled bigger crowds than we already had. Jason I think your idea about CCTV to see peoples reactions is a good one!
Was a good night thanks to everyone. Sorry we got split up the police moving us on and demanding we debock or leave Westminster in 15 mins kinda sped up our movements.

Oh and lastly if you got my facebook pics of mi stilt are on there finally finished the spring off
falling is proof your trying

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2010, 09:33:05 AM »
thanks guys had a great day yesterday. amazing costumes everyone. sorry but i cant post the pictures for a week as i have been banned from my computer for daft reasons. i am on my skl computer at the moment and cant get the pictures onto it. i will post asap. looking forward to see Q's pics.

jordan
NXTee.yolasite.com check it out.

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2010, 03:56:13 PM »
too much world of warcraft  mate?
that s**t is bad for you man

joke xD

peace out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2010, 07:18:07 PM »
Wonderful meet folks

Just like to say thanks to everyone that came and made it good

And a special thanks to all that helped me with my costume (I can get my wings up but have trouble getting them to go down again  :Claugh:)

What say everyone SAME TIME SAME PLACE NEXT YEAR  :Cyes:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Small

« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2010, 07:22:10 PM »
Guys and gals need your help..

There was a young lad in a white top taking pics of us all last nigh, I game him my name to find me on facebook to look at the final pics but there are over 500 people of the same name lol. Does anyone know what group he is from??
Small but perfectly formed :)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2010, 07:50:32 PM »
GRRRR.... so sad I couldn't come :(

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2010, 09:13:23 PM »
We all had a blast and we really were not sure about coming down to london when the weather looked uncertain and being so late on a school night. Got home at 2am and up at 7 for work - Locky not happy lol!

Big thanks to everyone who came. Good to see some old faces and meet some new.

I know this is always meant to be an unorganised meet but I really think it needs a little planning. I would have loved trafalgar square without the concert going on and that PCSO had better look out for me next time or he might just have to get out his pen and paper and use both of them on me at the same time!

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2010, 09:20:40 PM »
You got moved on by a PCSO?
You do realize they have NO power what so ever except to ask you to wait up to 20mins for a real officer, even then you have a choice to leave or not :D
DC

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2010, 09:23:46 PM »
Yes I do, and this was 5 mins after the proper police officer asked us to show him a backflip.

I was willing to argue but everyone else just wanted to keep the peace and move on so meh.
He said he'd had a complaint from westminster council, I asked for them to come and discuss it with me and he said the council will come to process me. Sounds painful right?

A PCSO once gave me crap bocking on the steps outside the welsh assembly and got out his pad and asked for my details. I said sorry mate, you're not my type :P

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2010, 09:28:48 PM »
hehe my dads a proper police and he hates PCSO's :P says they need to get a real job in which they get to do something :D

DC

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2010, 10:29:08 PM »
Traf is always booked on big days.  The actual 'square' area is not a public space ( there are , unfortunatly, lots of such areas in the city and they , in some cases, go back b4 the Norman invasion of 1066..u just cant argue)

Un yep , konwing the rite peeps would get an apology and written permission to do wot we wanted in Westminster.  

But gotta say 20-30 min b4 we got pushed out, 2 security peeps came along un just said, 'everynow and again couod you just stop , and let the crowds move about'... should point out we had caved out a circle in 1 corner of Leicester sQ for greg un carl to flip in....and basically this the centre of london.

So to b honest, I thought that was an amazingly enlightented approach. I was expecting and would have accepted a request to move on.  un fortunatly  they seem to have got over ruled.

in bmth on 1 thursday evening bouncing in 1 spot I got threatened with an ASBO, a week later, almost to a min , in exactly the same spot, a police car screached to a halt in exactly the same spot, cop lent out of the window and shouted ' do tricks do tricks!!!'

Unfortunatly , there r no rules or guideline to b given, if i gave any, some1 would post 'not here.....'

RE 'proper organisation',  do agree 2 a degree Locky, this evening cost me £45 even b4 a bought a sausage role, so 4 an 'out of town person'  yep id like my monies worth :o). But 1 has to ask the question, make it 'professional event'  or wot it is  a LNDN event that peeps join in with?   I 'think' myself ive now accepted the , slightly longer than fashionablr lateness, of Jason , hehe, but was sad to miss out on seeing  the Holmes famiy.

OOO un now ive seen a pix,  so  big bow down to clive, then katie, jason, the RR's, Binop, Lynch ( I left 2 3rds my costume on train or on platform doh grrr) and grahm ( or some possibly remotely simila spillin)   BIg B IG UP 2 all who went to town on the costumes. Next year i trust all will have made atleast 1/2 the effort

Un  4 me LNDN is still the top bock spot, un if you can do it on a special day even better.

But rally lets have all the pix up   :Cyes:.    
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:57:27 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline adamessex

« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2010, 12:17:50 PM »
Well I had an expensive night to really with 2 different breaks but my stilts did survive nearly till the end, till the spring collasped outside a pub on the way to the station, as mentioned earlier but remembered i can flick the pics on here, if i remember how lets see
falling is proof your trying

Offline Small

« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2010, 04:09:19 PM »
I can still hear that "SNAP" as you began to run down the street....( and you saying "ahhh it's fine"........

Snap!!!!

Oh I think it's broken....:(

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2010, 08:54:01 PM »
This was a fantastic meet, had a great laugh.

Next year I think I'm might have to charge for a pictures with me, reckon I could of made enough money the to buy the new ultimate bocks and the rest :)

Offline Small

« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2010, 09:05:07 PM »
Oooo get you miss popular! All I got was "your eyes look creepy" and this is befor I put my Halloween contacts in..... :Cno:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2010, 09:19:20 PM »
Can I have a cut of the profits if I join your Picture Charging Club Katy  :Claugh:

Still seeing red dots before my eyes

I did the whole route backwards looking for Clive, Hollie and Gemma after I left you lot and actually had to make a run for it at Leicester Sq
The crown got a bit rowdy and wouldn't let me go so I made a sprint for a couple of Bicycle Cops and they were really good , even told me they thought the costume was fab

Got an idea for next years costume and it's gonna take me all year to make it  :Claugh:

Offline Small

« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2010, 09:29:21 PM »
Can I have the old one? Hahah

(I lack the skill and imagination to make one)
 :Ctwitcy:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »
Sorry Small but no  :Claugh:

The dragon stays with me to be used at various other meets (I hope)

Don't worry about skill or imagination (I had neither acording to my teachers 33years ago  :Claugh:)

Sometimes the simplest things are best

All you need to be the Invisible Man is a couple of bandages

Or buy a mask and put it on the back of your head and a hat with holes to see through on your face then put your clothes on back to front (that would look weird on bocks  :Cbiggrin:)

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2010, 09:56:38 PM »
Actually I think I will bring a charity bucket next year and raise money for a good cause.