Author Topic: The Big Summer meet, "Capital Bocking" Sun 19th Aug, London  (Read 146317 times)

Dark Knight

Re: The Big Summer meet, "Capital Bocking" Sun 19th Aug, London
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2007, 11:23:17 PM »
not at all, if people dont want to buy them thats cool, but I dont want anyone wishing on the day that they had....it will be too late then

But it looks like red is the colour for the day.  8)

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

• www.myspace.com/dave_5674
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2007, 07:55:30 AM »
dam im having to miss this im away on a campy/holiday thingfy in scotland for 2 weeks of summer holidays and get bacxk on the 13th then im ordering my PJS and hopfully they will come within that week but hey who knows if i get em in time and get rooted on em learn to walk well in time i might have a 5% chance of comnig along lol XD ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2007, 12:30:52 PM »
dam im having to miss this im away on a campy/holiday thingfy in scotland for 2 weeks of summer holidays and get bacxk on the 13th then im ordering my PJS and hopfully they will come within that week but hey who knows if i get em in time and get rooted on em learn to walk well in time i might have a 5% chance of comnig along lol XD ;D

Hope you'll make it. With the numbers that turning up they'll be loads of pictures and videos to look at if you can't make it.  8)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2007, 01:15:12 PM »
Dave, hope you get them in time. Dunno if it says so on this thread, but dont matter if you get your PJ's the day before the meet ( well 2 days before cos they dont deliveron a Sat ;D).

Turn up and you will get the worlds best lightening training course. Just msg ET and let him know. A few peeps will be around early and I know would be delighted to show that the deed can be done. If you have all day on the Sat with them you should be walking OK. That would easily be enough. We can get you running and jumping no problems ( tho no promises on how fast or high :D).

But on other hand I dont want to put you under any pressure to come along. And while there are a fair few pretty good peeps comming along who will be fl;ipping about ( oh and Im NOT one of them). It is not about ability, its having a laff -- a very big one! There are quite a few whohave only got their p-j's in the last few weeks and Im sure there will be some who , like you, dont have any let.

But the sun is shining now ---so Im off to try and be one of those flippers :-\

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2007, 06:21:30 PM »
thanks guys :) and yer i hope i get them even if i dont get them i might come down for a bit say ho to a few of you guys meet others and really get to know the bocking comunity lol

Dark Knight

« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2007, 09:24:04 PM »
I'm learning and hope to be able to to do more than walk by then but watch how other use there will help me or any new. Has with any meet sharing tips and have fun together is what it's all about  8)

Offline Lil-Dj-Norb

• More Then A Hobby Its A Lifestyle
« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2007, 11:28:16 PM »
ive learnt sum small tricks cldnt do nethink for ages then outta no wer they all came at once, split kick spring grabs star jumps all happy can even pull off spring grabs while im jumpin on gravel lol.

if it rains on the day i asume wer still meetin cuz i knw that ill b ther and so will mattt beth n a few other freinds of ours

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2007, 11:37:23 PM »
Zackis is coming all the way from Sweden, so yes it will be happening if it rains.

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »
where do i order a t-shirt from? cant find it :(

i wanna b kool and have 1!

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2007, 01:37:38 PM »
T-shirts are available from:-
http://www.capitalbocking.co.uk/
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 03:01:14 PM by tundraH »
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline Lil-Dj-Norb

• More Then A Hobby Its A Lifestyle
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2007, 02:08:52 PM »
thas great if u can get the website to open it dont like me n wont let me open it

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2007, 06:51:01 PM »
thas great if u can get the website to open it dont like me n wont let me open it

It opens for me, you could also try to win one in the caption competition on Radio Bock.

radiobock.co.uk

Dark Knight

« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2007, 10:24:15 PM »
Just think what poeple will say.

" There's a group of poeple on those spring thingies coming down the road ! "
" How many ? " ???
" All of them !? "   :o

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2007, 10:37:07 PM »
all of them !?
omg run for it !!!
they have caught up to us with 2 steps :|
dam *fakes dead*
were not aliens just on springs ...
oh ok :)
*stays*

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2007, 12:31:47 AM »
my PJs should be here by monday woo :) got the wrist gaurds comnig with them aswell so im defo comnig down to the meet is it alright if my dad comes along as he would love to come (he hasnt got PJs...)

Dark Knight

« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2007, 12:49:13 AM »
my PJs should be here by monday woo :) got the wrist gaurds comnig with them aswell so im defo comnig down to the meet is it alright if my dad comes along as he would love to come (he hasnt got PJs...)

"Wrist gaurds" hope you've already got knee and elbow pads  ???

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2007, 03:30:04 AM »
'ground crew' are always welcome. But warn him  its not a strole ---he may well have work to do , even if its just taking the photos.

There are already a few walkers comming along.

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2007, 09:39:30 AM »
lol alright :) ill get him to bring his cam along
 ;D

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
Those who have problems with the capitalbocking.co.uk website have 3 options:

Update your flash player for free from here

OR

Find a better provider than AOL (shouldnt be hard).

OR

Send me a PM (or win one on radiobock's caption competition but it closes at 7pm tomorrow!)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 07:51:32 PM by Uncle Matt! »

Dark Knight

« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2007, 08:06:04 PM »
Those who have problems with the capitalbocking.co.uk website have 3 options:

Update your flash player for free from here

OR

Find a better provider than AOL (shouldnt be hard).

OR

Send me a PM (or win one on radiobock's caption competition but it closes at 7pm tomorrow!)
Are you saying my AOL is rubbish !  :o   LOL
You never got back to me about my t-shirt order ???
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 08:09:27 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2007, 08:29:56 PM »
my internet is fine with the site

Dark Knight

« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2007, 08:39:22 PM »
I was near where we finish on thursday ! I went to see Lord of the rings in Drury Lane it's just 300m the other side of the square. In the show there's an actor on PJ's  :o

Their playing Orcs, just think what poeple would think if a large group of 'Orcs' in red t-shirts turned up out side ! LOL
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 09:17:36 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2007, 08:57:03 PM »
cool what part was he/she playing?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2007, 11:03:30 PM »
OK I supose it's time I came clean (thanks for keeping my secret ET )

I work at Theatre Royal Drury Lane (yes the one where lord of the rings is) and no I don't get cheep/free tickets before anyone asks

I have managed to chat to the lads that do the Bocking and they are a nice bunch of lads (and very good on bocks) It was talking to them that got me started although I had seen bocks before

What I can tell you about the show is that I hav'nt seen it yet but hope to soon
(I even have to buy my own tickets if I want to go) but I get to watch bits of it while they're rehearsing

The lads on bocks are something else imagine running and jumping on a stage (remember the stage slopes towards the audience) in semi darkness with a load of other actors and gymnasts running/dancing all over the stage at the same time also the stage is 2 counter rotating turntables so the floor literaly moves under your feet

The potential for an accident is very high but the choriographers have done a good job of making it as safe as poss

I was chatting to one of the bocking orks the other day and he said even if LotR don't send anyone officialy He might turn up on the day just for fun (not as an orc though  ;D)

Oh and they use the original skips (cost a fortune, thank god for PJ's so I can play)
What I've seen of the show it seems very spectacular and if your a LotR fan (as I am) and a bocker it would be worth a visit

Hope you all forgive me for holding out but evey time I mention that I work in theatre land I get loads of people thinking I can get them free tickets so I tend to keep tight lipped about it

Dark Knight

« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2007, 11:21:59 PM »
OK I supose it's time I came clean (thanks for keeping my secret ET )

I work at Theatre Royal Drury Lane (yes the one where lord of the rings is) and no I don't get cheep/free tickets before anyone asks

I have managed to chat to the lads that do the Bocking and they are a nice bunch of lads (and very good on bocks) It was talking to them that got me started although I had seen bocks before

What I can tell you about the show is that I hav'nt seen it yet but hope to soon
(I even have to buy my own tickets if I want to go) but I get to watch bits of it while they're rehearsing

The lads on bocks are something else imagine running and jumping on a stage (remember the stage slopes towards the audience) in semi darkness with a load of other actors and gymnasts running/dancing all over the stage at the same time also the stage is 2 counter rotating turntables so the floor literaly moves under your feet

The potential for an accident is very high but the choriographers have done a good job of making it as safe as poss

I was chatting to one of the bocking orks the other day and he said even if LotR don't send anyone officialy He might turn up on the day just for fun (not as an orc though  ;D)

Oh and they use the original skips (cost a fortune, thank god for PJ's so I can play)
What I've seen of the show it seems very spectacular and if your a LotR fan (as I am) and a bocker it would be worth a visit

Hope you all forgive me for holding out but evey time I mention that I work in theatre land I get loads of people thinking I can get them free tickets so I tend to keep tight lipped about it

I have seen it and there three main parts for the blocks. The lighting isn't that bad, I don't think the stage slopes ( does go up and down and round and round) . The fight looks a tricky rolls over actors back, and when he falls on stage he crawls off stage on his knee, at another piont he runs around the stage with a flag. His PJ's have been blacken up ( chrome look stupid ).